Report: Bush lifted quotes for his memoir.

Rich Engle

Former President George W. Bush lifted passages from other writings and passed them off as his own thoughts in his new memoir, "Decision Points," an article published Friday on the Huffington Post website alleges.

The article by Ryan Grim, senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post, said Crown Publishing promises readers "gripping, never-before-heard detail" but ended up delivering "a mash-up of worn-out anecdotes from previously published memoirs written by his subordinates, from which Bush lifts quotes word for word, passing them off as his own recollections."

Whole article here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40159188/ns/politics-more_politics

Former President George W. Bush lifted passages from other writings and passed them off as his own thoughts in his new memoir, "Decision Points," an article published Friday on the Huffington Post website alleges.

The article by Ryan Grim, senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post, said Crown Publishing promises readers "gripping, never-before-heard detail" but ended up delivering "a mash-up of worn-out anecdotes from previously published memoirs written by his subordinates, from which Bush lifts quotes word for word, passing them off as his own recollections."

Whole article here:

http://www.msnbc.msn...s-more_politics

FYI Rich:

"The Huffington Post’s Ryan Grim is accusing former President George W. Bush of 'lifting' anecdotes and quotes in his recently released memoir, 'Decision Points.' It’s a strange charge. Nowhere does Grim say the former president plagiarized, per se, but that is exactly the thrust of Grim’s article. The book is 'a mash-up of worn-out anecdotes from previously published memoirs written by his subordinates, from which Bush lifts quotes word for word, passing them off as his own recollections,' he writes.

As evidence, Grim cites how closely some of the quotes in the book match up with quotes in other books written about the Bush presidency.

In most of those cases, Bush was physically present for the scene he describes. In that sense, charging him for recollecting the events the same way others did is rather weird, indeed.

According to Mike Allen’s Politico Playbook, legendary Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward said about Grim’s report, 'There are many, many similarities because I, others and Bush were writing about the same events. I read his book this week and I think it is unfair to say he lifted material.'”

http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/14/the-huffington-post%E2%80%99s-bizarre-attack-on-bush/

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/11/14/the-huffington-post%e2%80%99s-bizarre-attack-on-bush/#ixzz15HKwId1W

Whole article here:

FYI Rich:

"The Huffington Post's Ryan Grim is accusing former President George W. Bush of 'lifting' anecdotes and quotes in his recently released memoir, 'Decision Points.' It's a strange charge. Nowhere does Grim say the former president plagiarized, per se, but that is exactly the thrust of Grim's article. The book is 'a mash-up of worn-out anecdotes from previously published memoirs written by his subordinates, from which Bush lifts quotes word for word, passing them off as his own recollections,' he writes.

As evidence, Grim cites how closely some of the quotes in the book match up with quotes in other books written about the Bush presidency.

In most of those cases, Bush was physically present for the scene he describes. In that sense, charging him for recollecting the events the same way others did is rather weird, indeed.

According to Mike Allen's Politico Playbook, legendary Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward said about Grim's report, 'There are many, many similarities because I, others and Bush were writing about the same events. I read his book this week and I think it is unfair to say he lifted material.'"

http://dailycaller.c...attack-on-bush/

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz15HKwId1W

Well, of course it's unfair. Bush is, after all, a Republican, the party of individual freedom and free enterprise.

JR

Whole article here:

FYI Rich:

"The Huffington Post's Ryan Grim is accusing former President George W. Bush of 'lifting' anecdotes and quotes in his recently released memoir, 'Decision Points.' It's a strange charge. Nowhere does Grim say the former president plagiarized, per se, but that is exactly the thrust of Grim's article. The book is 'a mash-up of worn-out anecdotes from previously published memoirs written by his subordinates, from which Bush lifts quotes word for word, passing them off as his own recollections,' he writes.

According to Mike Allen's Politico Playbook, legendary Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward said about Grim's report, 'There are many, many similarities because I, others and Bush were writing about the same events. I read his book this week and I think it is unfair to say he lifted material.'"

Well, of course it's unfair. Bush is, after all, a Republican, the party of individual freedom and free enterprise.

JR

Wow...brilliant analysis and refutation...now could you address the conflicting facts rather than your straw man - I got it - Bush = evil. Now what about the original reporting and the response to the original reporting which was the point of my post.

Adam

Whole article here:

FYI Rich:

JR

Wow...brilliant analysis and refutation...now could you address the conflicting facts rather than your straw man - I got it - Bush = evil. Now what about the original reporting and the response to the original reporting which was the point of my post.

Adam

Well, of course, the original reporting was biased and grossly unfair and merely another example of the pervasive liberal bias that renders almost all news reporting in this country so biased and grossly unfair. After all, Bush is a Republican, the party of individual freedom and free enterprise. How could he do anything wrong? This is why the response to the original reporting is so biased and grossly unfair and merely another example of the pervasive liberal bias that renders almost all news reporting in this country so biased and so grossly unfair.

Excuse me for a moment; I have to go listen again and again and again to some mind-numbingly stupid speech by some fascist who is going to bring us back to the individual freedom and free enterprise that was taken away from us by liberals - the selfsame liberals who have rendered almost all the news reporting in this country so biased and grossly unfair.

JR

Grim fails to convince. The verbal similarities he cites are just what you'd expect if different authors are recounting the same events and quoting the same statements, as long as they're telling the truth. If Grim were the brainiac he thinks he is he would have considered this possibility and found something else to write about.

Grim fails to convince. The verbal similarities he cites are just what you'd expect if different authors are recounting the same events and quoting the same statements, as long as they're telling the truth. If Grim were the brainiac he thinks he is he would have considered this possibility and found something else to write about.

Undeniably. Grim is merely another of those liberals who, having already taken away our individual freedom and free enterprise, now want to render the news reporting in this country utterly biased and grossly unfair.

JR

You know, there's a species of dung beetle from India that has, in its insatiable search for feces, the nasty habit of crawling up a child's anus while the child sleeps. It gets lodged there and dies, and, because of the backwards pointing spines on its carapace, it will not come out on its own or be easily removed. But amazingly enough, its larvae can survive, and there are cases of such specimens emerging live from the rectum.

cr2-1.jpg

You overestimate Grim's accomplishments as much as he overestimates his intelligence. If it were news you wouldn't be reading it at HuffPo.

Oh, I assure you, I'm not reading it at the Huffington Post. I'm reading it in an even more ridiculous place.

JR

It's a well-known fact that Chimpy McHitler is not only a Nazi child-killer but a moron too, so if course, everything he writes must have been plagiarized. On the other hand, Plugs "Bite-me" Biden, being an elder statesman, could never plagiarize.

But why is it a well-known fact? You'd have to ask George Soros. Something about the opening up of society. I think it was originally Karl Popper's idea.

"Well, of course, the original reporting was biased and grossly unfair and merely another example of the pervasive liberal bias that renders almost all news reporting in this country so biased and grossly unfair. After all, Bush is a Republican, the party of individual freedom and free enterprise. How could he do anything wrong? This is why the response to the original reporting is so biased and grossly unfair and merely another example of the pervasive liberal bias that renders almost all news reporting in this country so biased and so grossly unfair.

"Excuse me for a moment; I have to go listen again and again and again to some mind-numbingly stupid speech by some fascist who is going to bring us back to the individual freedom and free enterprise that was taken away from us by liberals - the selfsame liberals who have rendered almost all the news reporting in this country so biased and grossly unfair."

What is the point of this effusion?