The Final Episode of '24'

The series finale of ‘24’ airs tonight. This gripping drama, which follows a day in the life of special agent Jack Bauer and his personal war against terrorism, has lasted for eight amazing seasons. Like so many others, I have become totally addicted to the breath-taking adrenalin-rush which begins as soon as the ‘24’ clock appears on the screen and does not stop until the last tick. Each show is brilliantly written with a well-constructed plot, surprising twists and turns, and truly fascinating characters. It is unlike anything else on television. Bauer could be compared to a 21st century Mike Hammer in terms of his relentless pursuit of justice despite the countless governmental and circumstantial obstacles being thrown in his path. Without giving his exploits an unqualified endorsement, I could never question his personal moral rectitude, his willingness to stand alone against the forces of evil and the spectacular heroism of his courage in the face of overwhelming odds. I dearly wish the powers-at-be at FOX would reconsider their decision to cancel this fantastic show.

The series finale of ‘24’ airs tonight. This gripping drama, which follows a day in the life of special agent Jack Bauer and his personal war against terrorism, has lasted for eight amazing seasons. Like so many others, I have become totally addicted to the breath-taking adrenalin-rush which begins as soon as the ‘24’ clock appears on the screen and does not stop until the last tick. Each show is brilliantly written with a well-constructed plot, surprising twists and turns, and truly fascinating characters. It is unlike anything else on television. Bauer could be compared to a 21st century Mike Hammer in terms of his relentless pursuit of justice despite the countless governmental and circumstantial obstacles being thrown in his path. Without giving his exploits an unqualified endorsement, I could never question his personal moral rectitude, his willingness to stand alone against the forces of evil and the spectacular heroism of his courage in the face of overwhelming odds. I dearly wish the powers-at-be at FOX would reconsider their decision to cancel this fantastic show.

It is, without a doubt, my favorite t.v. show of all time.

It is, without a doubt, my favorite t.v. show of all time.

This was one of the best seasons. I hate that the show has been canceled, but at least it finished strong. Anxiously waiting to see Jack kick ass on the big screen, but hoping against all odds that someone comes to their senses and picks this show up!

Ian

SPOILER ALERT: Final scene revealed. Do not read if don’t want to know how the series ends…

The closing two hour episode was phenomenal. A thrill-ride from start to finish! And the final sky cam shot of Jack as he says his last good-by to Chloe was as intensely dramatic as any television moment I can ever recall.

All I can say is a profound ‘thank you’ to anyone who had anything to do with producing this amazing show.

Edited by Dennis Hardin

Without giving his exploits an unqualified endorsement, I could never question his personal moral rectitude, his willingness to stand alone against the forces of evil and the spectacular heroism of his courage in the face of overwhelming odds.

I bought the first five seasons of the series on disc and watched them for the first (and only) time in marathon sessions, seeing the entire season in one sitting. I felt that way about the character and the show -- until Bauer killed Ryan Chappelle in Season 3 or 4. After that, I was so disillusioned by the character I stopped watching the show.

Judith