The Omega Factor

dan2100

http://

Dunno, the music doesn't thrill me.

I look forward to catching the series when it gets out here, though - it seems intelligent.

But talking about weird, intelligent, and made in Scotland, I thoroughly recommend the Science Fiction author, and Scot, Iain M Banks, to you, Dan. I think he's right up your street. :)

Dunno, the music doesn't thrill me.

I look forward to catching the series when it gets out here, though - it seems intelligent.

I saw it on DVD. It first aired before I was born.smile.gif

But talking about weird, intelligent, and made in Scotland, I thoroughly recommend the Science Fiction author, and Scot, Iain M Banks, to you, Dan. I think he's right up your street. smile.gif

It held my interest.

Edited by Dan Ust

Not so much Objectivist, but I like the series and the theme music.

Reminds me of Bartok, The Miraculous Mandarin and Music for Strings Percussion and Celesta come to mind. The latter piece is used here, though this video is too brief:

What the hell, how about a BBC themes hit parade:

Alright, that's enough for starters. Too much Dr. Who, it gets tedious.

Not so much Objectivist, but I like the series and the theme music.

Reminds me of Bartok, The Miraculous Mandarin and Music for Strings Percussion and Celesta come to mind. The latter piece is used here, though this video is too brief:

I've heard that one before -- and have actually seen the movie several times.rolleyes.gif For me, I don't see -- or hear -- the link with The Omega Factor theme music. Maybe I'm deaf to it.rolleyes.gif

What the hell, how about a BBC themes hit parade:

Alright, that's enough for starters. Too much Dr. Who, it gets tedious.

I like the earlier Dr. Who themes. What's this thing they have for snakes?

For me, I don't see -- or hear -- the link with The Omega Factor theme music. Maybe I'm deaf to it

I was going to try listening again to see if I had more elucidation to offer on the Bartok comparison, but it won’t play. No error message, just nothing happens. Oh well. As I recall, it wasn’t atonal but was on the edge, the rhythms were jarring, and there was a marimba. That’s maybe not enough to evoke Bartok, but I wrote what I wrote right after hearing it, and I’m never wrong when the subject is this unimportant. Here’s the whole movement:

What's this thing they have for snakes?

I thought of I, Claudius since it was made about the same time as The Omega Factor (which I haven’t heard of until now). The Blackadder intro was an homage to I, Claudius, so it’s not like the BBC is obsessed with snakes, I just had a random association.

Here’s another classic BBC title sequence for the hit parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9P8WcHfskI