Peter

I saw the movie in comfortable, stadium seating, two thirds of the way back, in the center. I went early to assure myself of getting the best seats.

I worried about getting a sea-sick feeling, after watching the trailer for the movie, but that did not happen.

The 3D glasses were not a problem. I tried taking them off, and things on the screen seemed blurred, so I quickly put them back on.

It is three hours long, though it did not seem that long. To avoid having to get up, don’t drink a lot of coke. If you get up during the movie, take the glasses off and watch your step. Do not look at the screen.

The movie is ground breaking. I enjoyed it and thought it was worth the money.

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Peter,

I loved the movie. Others here did not, or probably won't see it. They'll point out that it's anti-capitalism. While I agree to some extent, in today's world there are corporations that seek to scour the earth for resources, regardless of who lives there. To some degree, it is anti-military. In today's world, there are mercenaries for hire to achieve corporate agendas through force.

Do I think this reflects what capatilism is? No. Do I think this reflects what our military is? No. What it does highlight is the specific sectors of capitalism and militarism that use force as an option, and willingly so. I think James Cameron did a great job in endearing the audience to the Na'vi plight of outsiders forcing their will on them. Diplomacy failed because the Na'vi said no. As such, any moral institution would have pulled chocks and left. There are examples of that today with deforestation.

Aside from that, the CG was stellar as well as the storyline. I went a second time this past weekend. There is still an objectivist message in there, but I'll leave that for others to find.

~ Shane

• 1 month later...

What it does highlight is the specific sectors of capitalism and militarism that use force as an option and willingly so.

~ Shane

Please enlighten me, is there capitalism and militarism that does not use force as an option?