How to promote Objectivism

Jerry Biggers

Angered by the ad hominem attacks against Rand and Objectivism that have occured within the last several months? Feeling frustrated by "Mr. Thompson's"/Obama's lapdog MSM slobbering over every move he makes toward the collectivization of America?

Well, it's PAYBACK TIME!

You have just slightly over 24 hours to send in a pledge or join with David Kelley, Ed Hudgins, Will Thomas, Nathaniel Branden and Barbara Branden in The Atlas Spociety and see your contribution doubled, due to a challenge grant that ends on the 31st. You can join directly on their website or phone in a contribution by credit card.

TAS has recently reinvigorated the The New Individualist and their website with more "intellectual ammunition" applying and expanding upon Objectivism and the case for individualism and a free society. The TAS Summer Institute is being reactivated in a joint venture with FreeMinds09.

Check out their website!

Here is a message copied from that site. Please consider it:

Matching Grant Campaign--It's not to late to double your impact!

We are currently running a special fundraising campaign that will enable you to help yourself by leveraging your support for us as we at TAS fight for reason and rights. Thanks to generous contributions from several of our trustees and major supporters, all new donations above what an individual gave in 2008 that are made by December 31, 2009 will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to a total of $125,000.

If you've already contributed to us this year, we offer our thanks. As you know, this year has seen a renewed interest in the ideas of Ayn Rand and Objectivism in light of the serious threats to freedom and reason that we face. The Atlas Society, with your support, has helped fuel this interest.

Next year we want to build on this interest and our own efforts. Thus if you haven't donated or if you can afford an extra contribution, we hope you'll help us and, in the process, leverage your gift through the matching grant campaign.

Donate now through our website's donation page.

You can also mail a contribution to our D.C. office at 1001 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 830, Washington, D.C., 20036 (but hurry: we have to receive the contribution by 12/31 to credit you for 2009.

Or you can phone us at 202-AYN-RAND (296-7263).

Thanks for your help and have a great holiday!

Wait! I can tell....some of you are not yet sufficiently inspired to join The Atlas Society...even now when your contribution will be DOUBLED!!

(sigh)

So you need further inspiration? Try the video messages at the following youtube sites:

How about this? (now don't just read this! Go to the videos! How can I inspire you if you are not cooperating? No hypnotism involved, just the application of reason to the principles of "doing what's right."

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l6Y3SMMrVJs

further expounded upon here, as only The Duke could say it!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xaPA8fGeRUc

No, this is not altruism, but fighting for freedom. And making the evil doers pay (substitute Al Qaida/bin Laden for Santa Ana. Hard to accomplish....but a worthy goal!

Oh, by the way,....Wayne has a few choice comments (adopted for that occasion)...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gYE_e8lUeH4

And, a brief but forceful summary of the issues at stake, forcefully and cogently delivered by Gary Cooper as Howard Roark:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6peAbAsZx2k

Now, did the above help? If not, please repeat the application. Try it, you'll like it!

Not angry enough? Try reading the recent articles about Rand (ghostwritten by Bertram Scudder, Ellsworth Toohey, or their spiritual clones) in The New Yorker, New York, The New York Times Book Review, GQ, The New Republic...don't recognize the Ayn Rand that you read? What a surprise!....I told you,..."it's PAYBACK TIME!"

Any contribution to The Atlas Society helps, even after Dec. 31 (but you won't see your contribution doubled).

I joined at the Sponsor level (go to their website to see the benefits). $1,000.00 may seem like a lot of money, but you can have them deduct through your credit card on a monthly basis, if you want, and that's only $83.33 a month. Or any other amount. Please consider doing this now, before December 31 is over. Thanks!

Hmmm,....it appears that the YouTube video links that I had included in my post above, to exhort viewers to make a contribution to further Objectivism through supporting The Atlas Society, did not copy correctly. so I tried to include them again (copied from another post) for your viewing pleasure. Alas, they also failed to copy correctly.

So, instead of causing further frustration, if you would like to be inspired, see my original post #2, under OBJECTIVIST LIVING ROOM, "A Thought To Share With You"

Edited by Jerry Biggers