You have not lived until you ...

syrakusos

I put this under Aesthetics because art is the highest expression of philosophy. You can make errors of logic all up and down the chain, but how you live your life is your demonstration of your personal philosophy.

I was watching and enjoying The Edge with Anthony Hopkins versus Alec Baldwin when the multimillionaire, Charles Morse (Hopkins) says that all his life he wanted to do one unequivocal thing. And in my head my voice said, "You ought to try landing a Cessna."

For me, it is flying. Manoevering a craft in three dimensions at 60 mph while keeping the physics and trigonometry and meteorology in your head is the height of achievement.

And it is not so much flying -- the plane is built to fly; there are stories of planes that flew themselves hundreds of miles -- it is the landing: mating something going 60 mph with something going ZERO mph takes some finesse.

I put this under Aesthetics because art is the highest expression of philosophy. You can make errors of logic all up and down the chain, but how you live your life is your demonstration of your personal philosophy.

I was watching and enjoying The Edge with Anthony Hopkins versus Alec Baldwin when the multimillionaire, Charles Morse (Hopkins) says that all his life he wanted to do one unequivocal thing. And in my head my voice said, "You ought to try landing a Cessna."

For me, it is flying. Manoevering a craft in three dimensions at 60 mph while keeping the physics and trigonometry and meteorology in your head is the height of achievement.

And it is not so much flying -- the plane is built to fly; there are stories of planes that flew themselves hundreds of miles -- it is the landing: mating something going 60 mph with something going ZERO mph takes some finesse.

Good movie, btw - under rated, but good... and agree about landing a plane...

It's easy, you just have to stop flying at the exact same time you touch the ground. :)

In the words of Austin Powers "things to do before I die" - a threesome with Japanese twins! :)

Flying a plane is the most exciting thing you can do with your clothes on. A threesome with the twin ladies is the most exciting thing you can do with you clothes off.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 2 months later...