Finding an inbox

Reidy

How do I open the inbox you mention in the help file on personal messages?

I no longer see a separate inbox. Click on your name in the right upper corner and choose "messenger". Then you get all the messages in what formerly was the inbox, but also copies of messages you yourself sent, it's a bit confusing.

Slightly related question:

Why does a "1" appear next to my picture in the upper right corner once I sign in, notifying me that I have 1 unread message in my inbox, but when I check the inbox there is actually nothing new waiting for me. ????

This had been ongoing for a couple of weeks now.

Dragonfly: look at the bottom of the Inbox page, and you'll see a switchbox that lets you filter the Inbox so you see can see a page that shows only "conversations" you started, or alternately "conversations" you did not start.

Hmm, now that I describe it, that sounds even more confusing than simply showing all messages at once.

Another problem that I've had is I wanted to put my picture up some months ago. But I got an error message -- photo too large -- and the software, I think, said something about resizing it for me, but didn't. (If I have to learn Photoshop or some new tool just to do this one thing, I won't bother.)

Dragonfly: look at the bottom of the Inbox page, and you'll see a switchbox that lets you filter the Inbox so you see can see a page that shows only "conversations" you started, or alternately "conversations" you did not start.

Hmm, now that I describe it, that sounds even more confusing than simply showing all messages at once.

Well, if you choose "conversations you didn't start" you get the equivalent of the former inbox (unless there were more folders possible in the previous version, I don't know if that was possible as I never needed those). In my opinion not every new feature is an improvement.

Phil: Your computer should have at least one photo editing program. Open the picture with the program, look for the option to resize the image (usually under "Image"), click on that option, put in the pixel height and width you need for the new image, click on go, and then save the resized image under a different file name. If there are any other options offered before you can resize, you are probably safe in simply accepting the default choice.

If need be, you can do it with something as basic as MSPaint. In Paint, click on Attributes, which will bring up the dialogue box for the new pixel dimensions.

Just make sure to save the resized picture under a different file name, otherwise you will lose the original.

Dragonfly's suggestion in #1 was successful, and I want to say thanks publicly. I think this information should be in the help texts.

In the course of using this feature I discovered that OL does indeed have an ignore-user option. Guess who was my first pick.

Edited by Reidy