Obama Administration Corruption

Hi All,

I've decided to start a horror file of Obama Administration corruption. Can we pin this?

Here is my first example:

Remember how the Bush Administration blocked release of records of visits by oil company executives to Dick Cheney's office? Well, it turns out that the Obama Administration is just as bad:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31373407/ns/po...cs-white_house/

Darrell

Watch as people who criticized Bush for doing something defend Obama for doing the exact same thing.

Heeee-larious.

Edited by Michelle R

Here's what scares me: Bush was a bumblehead and I believe there were limits to the damage he was capable of committing. Obama, on the other hand, is intelligent, determined, focused, etc. It makes me shutter what he'll be capable of doing, because there's a man who sees no limits and goes after what he wants. Those are usually good qualities, but in the wrong hands .... DEADLY!

Ginny

PS - reminds of what my dad used say: how Eisenhower was such a good president because he spent all of his time on the golf course and never did anything.

Edited by ginny

Here's what scares me: Bush was a bumblehead and I believe there were limits to the damage he was capable of committing. Obama, on the other hand, is intelligent, determined, focused, etc. It makes me shutter what he'll be capable of doing, because there's a man who sees no limits and goes after what he wants. Those are usually good qualities, but in the wrong hands .... DEADLY!

Ginny

PS - reminds of what my dad used say: how Eisenhower was such a good president because he spent all of his time on the golf course and never did anything.

I shutter too, Ginny. :)

Eisenhower not doing anything was actually a myth. He worked his ass off.

--Brant

Really Brant? Funny how rumors get started and spread. I swear I've believed in Eisenhower's laziness all my life. Ouch.

Ginny

Edited by ginny

OMG. I'm still watching CNN. Lou Dobbs is reporting on how our tax money is being used in this stimulus package. Seems money's been designated to Florida to build a bridge/tunnel thingy for turtles so that they may cross the street safely.

ARGGGGHHH!!!!

Here I am an unemployed freaking victim of AIG eating noodles and toast every day so that my money can be used to secure the comfort of a turtle.

Hey, not even Rand would have imagined this nightmare.

Ginny - trying not to cry.

Edited by ginny

Ginny

I'm pretty sure George W. Bush is much sharper than the mass media made him out to be.

Being inarticulate does not make one stupid.

Well, being inarticulate isn't a sign of being bright. But yes, it doesn't necessarily prove anything. Except that there were so many rumors/reports of his drinking and early drugging. Also, he just never in his life applied himself to anything. So there he is, ending up as president. I could be wrong, but I don't see him as being a closet intellectual or even moderate thinker. Now with Obama, his intelligence and drive are right out there and obvious to anyone.

Well, being inarticulate isn't a sign of being bright. But yes, it doesn't necessarily prove anything. Except that there were so many rumors/reports of his drinking and early drugging. Also, he just never in his life applied himself to anything. So there he is, ending up as president. I could be wrong, but I don't see him as being a closet intellectual or even moderate thinker. Now with Obama, his intelligence and drive are right out there and obvious to anyone.

Being inarticulate isn't a sign of being stupid, either.

Yes, he drank heavily and used drugs, like many college students who straightened out in later years. This might imply youthful foolishness, but not a lack of intelligence.

He never applied himself to anything? The man graduated from Yale and Harvard Business School, for goodness' sake! He was the governor of Texas. This isn't a man who stumbled out of a bar and into the oval office.

I never said he was an intellectual, only that he probably wasn't the idiot the mass media makes him out to be.

Edited by Michelle R

Really Brant? Funny how rumors get started and spread. I swear I've believed in Eisenhower's laziness all my life. Ouch.

Ginny

There was nothing lazy about the man. He got up early and stayed up late. White House telephone logs revealed he was almost constantly on the phone to members of Congress. Etc.

As an army medic in training I stayed with him for 13 nights at Ft Gordon Army Hospital in Georgia after his heart attack in 1965 before they put him on a train with the pretty nurse they sent to help take care of him and shipped him up to Walter Reed. Pardon this digression. The first time I saw him it was so weird. He was in a blocked off corridor in this old wooden army hospital probably built during WWII sleeping in a hospital bed hooked up to this early heart monitor showing his heart beating. He had once been the most powerful man in the world and then and there he looked so alone and fragile. They soon moved him into a very large suite. We never exchanged a word and I tended to stay out of sight because I was there only in case things required an emergency response. I think my one job was to slide a plywood board under him so CPR could be administered and another's job was to call the doctor or vice versa. Those kind of things. After some days, it was after the arrival of the very, very pretty army Capt. nurse who shared my shift, and the room was full of flowers including one arrangement built around a GOP elephant sent by Barry Goldwater, I walked out from out-of-sight and contemplated Barry's elephant and draped my green beret over its head, looked at Ike, looked back at the elephant and looked back at Ike and gave him an Eisenhower grin to beat all Eisenhower grins, then turned, removed the beret and walked away and disappeared from his sight. Soldiers always cared about Eisenhower, no matter their rank, except maybe Gen. MacArthur: "Best office boy I ever had." That was in response to Eisenhower saying he had studied dramatics under MacArthur in the Philippines. I was not any exception though when I was a boy I did not highly value his presidency, not after the Hungarian Revolution. But I was a Private First Class and Eisenhower was a five star general--he retained his rank until he died--I in the army only 13 months, but between us there was an essential equality he and I recognized in that we were both American soldiers. Soldiers always recognized that in him and they came home from Europe and they and their families elected him President and would have kept electing him as long as he ran for that office. His popularity was broad and deep. The current guy's popularity is broad and shallow and he will eventually drown in his three inches of water or at least discover what he's doing isn't swimming.

In 1972 I was in Boston for one of those Ayn Rand Ford Hall Forum talks and I visited the Minuteman Statue somewhat out of town. The statue, the bridge. A monument to individualism. At what must have been the visitor's center there were a bunch of Chinese visitors in a group with security and a little old white man who I intuited was Paul Dudley White. Probably was. He was their host. Dr. White was Eisenhower's cardiologist during his presidency and made sure he followed all the up to date but wrong ideas about protecting your heart regarding diet. I don't think he was on his case in 1965, but he probably did take a few years off his life. This was right after the defreezing of US-Chinese relations had begun. I was wearing my old army jacket and must have looked somewhat like millions of poor Chinese back home wearing their Mao costumes. So there was a Chinese guy in the back of their bus looking somewhat forlornly at me as I got into my station wagon and drove away.

Eisenhower died on my 25th birthday, March 28, 1969. I had been smoking for four years and knew his smoking had shortened his life. I had a problem with a cigarette cough and had something of an allergy to cigarette smoke. I was no longer in the army ("Take five!") and not being in danger of being killed any longer in Vietnam, I stopped smoking. The one thing I was most afraid of was emphysema. I knew I would get it if I didn't stop.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

Ginny

Obama plays by Chicago Rules. That could be very bad news for us.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Brant; Very interesting post!

May I recommend you submit it to American Heritage. They have an interesting department for stories of that sort.

I might. I'd have to rewrite it and drop that last embarassing paragraph.

--Brant

(edit:) I deleted most of that paragraph. Since I post here under my real name it's not a good idea to leave that kind of stuff up on a public board.

Edited by Brant Gaede