Ayn Rand: What is Capitalism - youtube video 1-5

galtgulch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GV9mZgUnS0&NR=1

I imagine Ayn Rand would be opposed to Ron Paul on the grounds that he is religious and is "pro life" on the abortion issue which she said was a deal breaker I think.

It is curious that here we have a man who is loyal to the Constitution in a Congress which is not, advocates sound money and abolition of the Federal Reserve, has ignited a grass roots movement all across the country which promises to spread the word and arouse the populace and just may get enough of them into power.

At the same time Ron Paul does not believe in evolution, which to me is pathetic, given his education. I can only hope that his supporters are more open to reason on this issue.

I found this video and thought you might find it of value. The master's voice!

www.campaignforliberty.com 13 Apr 12 noon 142550, 6PM 132662, 10PM 132744

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch:

You are doing this to torture me, yes? :poke: lol.

First of all, I believe it would be the mistress' voice!

She was such an awful public speaker at times.

Good 9 minutes though. I wonder if we would be better off with one of the modern digital animations which would be a better "visual and aural" presentation for the youtube type presentation device.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Gulch:

Good 9 minutes though. I wonder if we would be better off with one of the modern digital animations which would be a better "visual and aural" presentation for the youtube type presentation device.

Adam

There's more than those 9 minutes - that was one of 5 parts...

Gulch:

Adam

Adam -

Agreed that "the master's voice" (or "the mistress' voice) is inappropriate. Objectivism is not a cult.

I find Rand's public speaking to be, in general, superb. Can you give some examples of the "awful public speaker" phenomenon? I suspect you are thinking of some of the speeches in the last years of her life, no?

Bill P

Bill:

Actually, yes. I stand corrected. The ravages of the disease in her voice probably subconsciously painful to me because of the value she had for me.

Great pick up.

Thanks

Adam

Gulch:

Adam

Adam -

Agreed that "the master's voice" (or "the mistress' voice) is inappropriate. Objectivism is not a cult.

I find Rand's public speaking to be, in general, superb. Can you give some examples of the "awful public speaker" phenomenon? I suspect you are thinking of some of the speeches in the last years of her life, no?

Bill P

Bill P

You know Ayn Rand wrote about how some of the concepts used by the mystics do have a rational meaning in the real world. I don't recall the examples she used or just where to look to find that passage.

Perhaps I should have referred to her, in a way I consider appropriate given the state of the world and the crisis facing civilization, as the savior! For as long as the prevailing premises remain dominant there will be suffering and enslavement. I believe that if Objectivists remain free to spread their ideas, the ideas of Ayn Rand, that in time Objectivism will become the prevailing philosophy and freedom and prosperity will ensue.

I meant master in the most benevolent manner befitting the one human being who brought Objectivism to mankind just as other men long ago brought man fire, the wheel, agriculture, philosophy and art.

I do not consider Objectivism to be a cult. It was a thrill to encounter, unexpectedly, Ayn Rand giving a speech I had not heard from her before. I wonder what you would have said if I had dared to have said, our Savior's voice!

www.campaignforliberty.com 13Apr 10PM 142744

gulch

Gulch:

Adam

Adam -

Bill P

Bill P

You know Ayn Rand wrote about how some of the concepts used by the mystics do have a rational meaning in the real world. I don't recall the examples she used or just where to look to find that passage.

Perhaps I should have referred to her, in a way I consider appropriate given the state of the world and the crisis facing civilization, as the savior! For as long as the prevailing premises remain dominant there will be suffering and enslavement. I believe that if Objectivists remain free to spread their ideas, the ideas of Ayn Rand, that in time Objectivism will become the prevailing philosophy and freedom and prosperity will ensue.

I meant master in the most benevolent manner befitting the one human being who brought Objectivism to mankind just as other men long ago brought man fire, the wheel, agriculture, philosophy and art.

I do not consider Objectivism to be a cult. It was a thrill to encounter, unexpectedly, Ayn Rand giving a speech I had not heard from her before. I wonder what you would have said if I had dared to have said, our Savior's voice!

www.campaignforliberty.com 13Apr 10PM 142744

gulch

gulch -

I don't think you consider Objectivism to be a cult.

However, the language is that of cultism. That's what I'm cautioning about.

Bill P (who is suppressing comments about the cult of Ron Paul...)

gulch -

Bill P

That isn't fair! Ron Paul supporters find things about Ron Paul to admire which are rational, such as his strict Constitution interpretation and adherence over his many years in the Congress.

I do not appreciate your smear tactic by making that remark. Ron Paul has faults and is far from a perfect Congressman but he is far better than any of the other Republicans who have abandoned the principles of that Party and he is head and shoulders above the leftist democrats who, well you know what they do. I am sure you can find plenty of fault with pro choice congressmen.

I should be glad you do not suppress your comments at least I would like to hear one rational argument against the Campaign For Liberty which simply would not have existed in the first place were it not for Ron Paul. C4L started with Ron Paul support groups on 40 campuses and now is on over 125 campuses all over. They are encouraged to read Atlas Shrugged and the works of the Austrian economists and they do.

Please overcome your hesitation and let us all hear just what it is about "the cult of Ron Paul" with which you take issue. I know you will say we have been through this all before. His supporters are not necessarily clones. I suspect that most believe in evolution and that there are many pro choice advocates among them. They are united in favor of the constitution and ending the Fed, reducing the govt entitlement programs. So we may be left with bringing home the troops. I wonder how you justify, if you do, our having 826 military bases in 130 plus countries?

www.campaignforliberty.com 14Apr 6AM 142804

I know that is not enough to impress you but it does keep growing and they will make a dent and become a force for freedom which will not stop until their voice is heard and freedom is restored once and for all.

gulch

gulch -

Bill P

That isn't fair! Ron Paul supporters find things about Ron Paul to admire which are rational, such as his strict Constitution interpretation and adherence over his many years in the Congress.

I do not appreciate your smear tactic by making that remark. Ron Paul has faults and is far from a perfect Congressman but he is far better than any of the other Republicans who have abandoned the principles of that Party and he is head and shoulders above the leftist democrats who, well you know what they do. I am sure you can find plenty of fault with pro choice congressmen.

I should be glad you do not suppress your comments at least I would like to hear one rational argument against the Campaign For Liberty which simply would not have existed in the first place were it not for Ron Paul. C4L started with Ron Paul support groups on 40 campuses and now is on over 125 campuses all over. They are encouraged to read Atlas Shrugged and the works of the Austrian economists and they do.

Please overcome your hesitation and let us all hear just what it is about "the cult of Ron Paul" with which you take issue. I know you will say we have been through this all before. His supporters are not necessarily clones. I suspect that most believe in evolution and that there are many pro choice advocates among them. They are united in favor of the constitution and ending the Fed, reducing the govt entitlement programs. So we may be left with bringing home the troops. I wonder how you justify, if you do, our having 826 military bases in 130 plus countries?

www.campaignforliberty.com 14Apr 6AM 142804

I know that is not enough to impress you but it does keep growing and they will make a dent and become a force for freedom which will not stop until their voice is heard and freedom is restored once and for all.

gulch

gulch -

LOL! I was partly teasing about "cult" but the recurring posts I have noted, bragging of membership numbers and such do certainly have that sort of cultic tone...

Now, the objections to Ron Paul which have been laid out MANY TIMES on OL include:

1) His explicit and longterm opposition to the pro choice position. That is his position. I

2) His near-isolationist positions on foreign policy, also documented on the list, repeatedly. Close all our overseas bases? Really? Does the man have the slightest grasp of what is required to defend the USA?

3) Ron Paul has shown up on lists of congressmen particularly involved in securing pork for their districts. I have posted on OL previously asking if anyone had any evidence suggesting the documentation on this was misleading, and did not notice any response.

Does he really take an anti-evolution position as your post above suggests? I didn't know that (or if I did, I had forgotten it).

Good enough for starters.

Regards,

Bill P