Do It

Man oh man...

This inspirational thread was so inspiring that we are having uplifting discussions on autism and dentistry.

:)

I might break some of this off and make a new thread (if I can figure out how with the new software).

Michael

Sorry about hijacking the thread. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

President Calvin Coolidge by far demonstrates the best values in his quotations. Here is one of my favorites:

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

CALVIN COOLIDGE, quote from program at Coolidge memorial service, 1933

President Calvin Coolidge by far demonstrates the best values in his quotations. Here is one of my favorites:

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

CALVIN COOLIDGE, quote from program at Coolidge memorial service, 1933

He is one of my favorite Presidents here from Wiki:

A possibly apocryphal story has it that Dorothy Parker, seated next to him at a dinner, said to him, "Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out of you." His famous reply: "You lose."[78] It was also Parker who, upon learning that Coolidge had died, reportedly remarked, "How can they tell?"[79] Coolidge often seemed uncomfortable among fashionable Washington society; when asked why he continued to attend so many of their dinner parties, he replied "Got to eat somewhere."[80] As President, Coolidge's reputation as a quiet man continued. "The words of a President have an enormous weight," he would later write, "and ought not to be used indiscriminately."[81] Coolidge was aware of his stiff reputation; indeed, he cultivated it. "I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President," he once told Ethel Barrymore, "and I think I will go along with them."[82] However, he did hold a then-record number of presidential press conferences, 520 during his presidency.[83] He was the first president to accept follow-up questions at press conferences.[8

Adam