Tea Parties

Chris Grieb

I would like to know if anyone here on OL has taken part in one of the anti-Obama Tea Parties around the country. I will confess I haven't. On Instapundit today there is a picture from the one in New York City of a sign the says "Ayn Rand was right."

If anyone attended what are your thoughts? Did you talk to anyone there? What did the people who attended seem like.

If you haven't attended what kept you from going? Any thoughts on these events.

Edited by Chris Grieb

I would like to know if anyone here on OL has taken part in one of the anti-Obama Tea Parties around the country. I will confess I haven't. On Instapundit today there is a picture from the one in New York City of a sign the says "Ayn Rand was right."

If anyone attended what are your thoughts? Did you talk to anyone there? What did the people who attended seem like.

I have a friend that is attending in NYC, and may fly out to the one in Chicago later this summer. Her daughter is taking part in one in Houston, and I was invited through FaceBook to one that took place in Dallas on Friday. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it, but would like to in the future. I think it would be interesting to see how this develops.

Haven't made it to one. We have lots of tea here in Shanghai, but no Tea Parties in the sense of your post.

Bill P (smiling)

We should fight with weed parties. Bare with me.

The Boston Tea Party was partially in protest of laws that made the East India Companies monopoly possible. These days there is forbidden weed, which don't promise an unjust monopoly but do pointlessly put people in jail for something as simple as smoking a silly plant.

What does weed do better than anything? It makes people able to tolerate an extreme degree of sloth and laziness on their part. Most who excel at sloth and laziness need no help. Yet, for the producers, the Dagny Taggarts, who are working to pay the taxes to fund this mess need help at sloth and laziness. Weed provides this.

Everyone should go on a weed strike. Smoking and sitting on unemployment money is a plasible occupation in these terrific times. I think the unsustainability of the welfare system could easily be exposed if more and more people choose to go on weed-strikes and make this system absolutely useless. The long term effects of cannabis are laughable, and anyone of ability that goes on supporting this system out of necessity for sanity can quite easily use weed to do nothing without the usual bordem. They should easily have the ability to get off the weed once Washington comes down from its credit-fueled high.

Protest a ban and strike simultaneously with a weed day.

There is no better way to protest Tax than by withdrawing from the supplier side of the system and becoming a consumer of the tax.

Edited by John Tate