How long?

herculepoirot

So how many decades do you think we will have to hear the Democrats using George W Bush as a club against any anti-leftist? I see him being used as the new "Herbert Hoover". My guess is even in 2020 we will be hearing Democrats warning against "a return of greedy capitalist and George W. Bush's policies". Any thoughts? Suggestions?

So how many decades do you think we will have to hear the Democrats using George W Bush as a club against any anti-leftist? I see him being used as the new "Herbert Hoover". My guess is even in 2020 we will be hearing Democrats warning against "a return of greedy capitalist and George W. Bush's policies". Any thoughts? Suggestions?

The Democrats used Hoover and the Teapot Dome Scandal for a long time. The Republicans gave them fresh ammunition with the Enron Scandal and the war in Iraq badly fought. There is a basic axiom in American politics. If one is to start a war, he had better damned well win it. And in less than five years too, for that is as long as Americans can tolerate a war. Lyndon Johnson gave the Democrats a black eye (which the Republicans exploited) by extended the struggle in Viet Nam to about ten years. And we lost, too. Americans hate to lose. We are not "good sports".

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

"Americans hate to lose. We are not "good sports"

I've often read this and find it quite ridiculous.

Who likes to lose?

Another thing to consider about Bush's record will the next eight years.

It is reported that President Eisenhower was asked how his term and he said it depends how the people who succeed me do.

People could see the US involved in a stalemate in Veti-Nam and looked back at Eisenhower's term as pretty good.

Things could happen that would make Bush's tenure look good.

Edited by Chris Grieb