Gov. Spitzer attacks 'Ann' Rand

Chris Grieb

Jim Cramer has New York Gov Spitzer on his CNBC show last night. They are apparently friends from college.

Did anyone else see it as I understand he attacked Miss Rand saying that laissez faire capialism would not work. I missed it.

Spitzer was taken to task on the following show.

Did anyone see either of the shows?

Jim Cramer has New York Gov Spitzer on his CNBC show last night. They are apparently friends from college.

Did anyone else see it as I understand he attacked Miss Rand saying that laissez faire capialism would not work. I missed it.

Spitzer was taken to task on the following show.

Did anyone see either of the shows?

I saw the first show and it seemed like Cramer was agreeing.

I couldn't fully understand Spitzer point (if he had one). The gist of it was that he seemed to be critizing Alan Greenspan for 'putting Ayn Rand on a pedestal', and then going off on a rant about 'Ayn Rand' being wrong and how we need regulation etc in the economy. He seemed to feel that otherwise the 'greedy capitalists' would somehow get away with things. He seems to confuse laws intended to prevent fraud with regulation with controls what people do but has nothing to do with what is right or wrong.

You can date Rand's ascendancy into the philosophical big time to the founding of the ARS/APA about 20 years ago and her literary canonization to the stamp in 96 or 97. I would have preferred hearing this from a president, but in any case she is now part of mainstream political discourse. Rand has completed the trifecta.

Edited by Reidy