Parrish The Thought

Jonathan

Robert,

I should qualify that to comic book subject style, not the paint-by-numbers type of coloring often used in comics. I also had in mind at the time I said that the more modern kinds of comics, some of which are vastly more intricate than the action hero comics of my youth.

I just took a look at a bunch of online images to make sure, and yup. Many of the Parrish's works look a lot like some modern fantasy comics (Lord of the Rings kind of stuff) I have seen.

Off to enjoy a steaming hot cup of Maxfield House coffee...

:)

Michael

Robert,

I should qualify that to comic book subject style, not the paint-by-numbers type of coloring often used in comics. I also had in mind at the time I said that the more modern kinds of comics, some of which are vastly more intricate than the action hero comics of my youth.

I just took a look at a bunch of online images to make sure, and yup. Many of the Parrish's works look a lot like some modern fantasy comics (Lord of the Rings kind of stuff) I have seen.

Off to enjoy a steaming hot cup of Maxfield House coffee...

:)

Michael

I've always liked the peace and tranquility of his landscapes - he sure could do trees... now, I can understand her maybe having a dislike based on that, being that landscape removes 'man' from the environment [as opposed to, say, cityscapes], but for me, it has always been a case of a pro-life sense in his works, the majesty of a living world [ and besides, many of those landscapes had homes in them, set among those gorgeous trees, so he certainly was not 'anti-man']... and this particular one of a figure, Jean, in a contemplative mood never was much of a grabber to me, lacking in much more than a glorified study of the figure...