Atlas Slumped

mrogi

Objectivism, like all forms of religious dogma, is a sublime doctrine on paper. It's foremost proponents do a magnificent job of articulating its ideals. Unfortunately, the devil is always in the details. It is an agonizing ordeal to be a physical manifestation of the perfection a mind conceives. Ayn Rand is the high priestess of Objectivist religion; yet even she could not overcome the faults, defects and shortcomings of being human. Ayn Rand was intellectually brilliant but an emotional basket case who debased herself in her relentless, depraved obsession with Nathaniel Branden. The latest high profile convert to the Church of Objectivism is one Troi "Star" Torain. His obesity and objective hatred will turn into existential optimism if he spends his time eating salads and jogging around Central Park instead or reading Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.

Edited by mrogi

Hey, folks, I want to put up a challenge to you.

Examine MRogi's post and see if you can identify (1) a single point of factual philosophical substance, and/or (2) a single point that's not an unsupported assertion.

Come on. I dare you. Five bucks says you can't do it.

Objectivism, like all forms of religious dogma, is a sublime doctrine on paper. It's foremost proponents do a magnificent job of articulating its ideals. Unfortunately, the devil is always in the details. It is an agonizing ordeal to be a physical manifestation of the perfection a mind conceives. Ayn Rand is the high priestess of Objectivist religion; yet even she could not overcome the faults, defects and shortcomings of being human. Ayn Rand was intellectually brilliant but an emotional basket case who debased herself in her relentless, depraved obsession with Nathaniel Branden. The latest high profile convert to the Church of Objectivism is one Troi "Star" Torain. His obesity and objective hatred will turn into existential optimism if he spends his time eating salads and jogging around Central Park instead or reading Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead.

Hi, Victor! Welcome back. You may not be Victor, of course, but since you haven't introduced yourself except with this gratuitous and stupid screed, anyone is free to assume the worst.

--Brant

Mrogi,

Speaking seriously, I do not intend to repeat an error of tolerance I made and watch the forum accumulate a large number of posts that are antagonistic to some basic standards. Please read the posting guidelines.

There is a limit and you got to the edge right at the outset. If all you want to do is bash Rand, I can suggest some other forums that specialize in this. If all you want to do is antagonize OL posters, sorry, but I won't allow that here.

Michael

Hi, Victor! Welcome back. You may not be Victor, of course, but since you haven't introduced yourself except with this gratuitous and stupid screed, anyone is free to assume the worst.

--Brant

Yes Brant, but if it were Victor, who would he have copied it from? :whistle:

What is this?

If you have something based in reality to say, please say it. You have not done so yet.

Alfonso

Oh, please. Is this supposed to be an insult?

mrogi is barely literate, at best. "Atlas Slumped", indeed.

mrogi, go to the end of the line. Your offenses include:

1) a failed attempt at (some weird version of) alliteration

2) Intellecutal inability to come up with a real insult, i.e. all you can do is whine that Ayn Rand wasn't perfect, and whine about somebody else's weight

3) Comparison of objectivism to a church - This is really boring. Better people than you have used that old rant for the past 30 years or so.

4) You mentioned "relentless, depraved obsession". Couldn't you think of anything better than vague psychobabble?

5) Melodrama

Your Grade: F

Do try to think of some new invective. Try a dictionary, or a thesaurus. Try reading Charles Dickens. It might give you an attention span, and show you the rudiments of cognitive fuction.

Edited by Hellena Handbasket

Hellena,

LOL...

Welcome to OL. Your reputation precedes you (at least from what I've heard).

Whatsisface signed off mumbling about blasphemy, a church, excommunications or sumpin.

Do I let it through or don't I? Do I or don't I? (You ought to see what I get backstage...)

She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not, she loves me...

Oh all right. Here it is. (Post 10.)

Michael

Is there anyone here who would like Mrogi to remain on Objectivist Livimg so that he may continue to hurl insults at Ayn Rand and Objectivism? If not, then he should know we are agreed that he should remove himself at once -- and that if he continues to post, he will be talkimg to himself.

Barbara

I have heard NO voices in favor of Mrogi...

Alfonso

Helena! Welcome back from wherever you've been. You have been sorely missed.

Do you have your old Atlantis posts? I'd love to reread them, and I'm sure the members of OL would find them a delight.

Barbara.

Barbara....careful. Methinks you are being duped.

Ellen

___