Nifong's disbarment.

Chris Grieb

Mike Nifong who hoped become the most famous prosecutor in American will by his actions in the Duke Hoax will no longer even be a lawyer.

Sadly Nifong still does not get the point. He continues to refer to the stripper as the "victim". He continues to say something happened other then a disturbed woman began telling lies. He doesn't get it.

I will have more but there are others including the President of Duke University, many members of the Duke faculty, and many members of the medial who don't get it either. All of the ones will sadly not suffer in any way.

Mike Nifong who hoped become the most famous prosecutor in American will by his actions in the Duke Hoax will no longer even be a lawyer.

Sadly Nifong still does not get the point. He continues to refer to the stripper as the "victim". He continues to say something happened other then a disturbed woman began telling lies. He doesn't get it.

I will have more but there are others including the President of Duke University, many members of the Duke faculty, and many members of the medial who don't get it either. All of the ones will sadly not suffer in any way.

No Nifong doesn't get it. What he should have gotten was the same sentence he was trying to impose. That being said I find it hard to have much sympathy for the Duke defendants in this case. If you lie down with dogs you will get fleas.

Jim

Jim; You are so wrong. Having a stripper at a party should not be criminal behaviour.

Jim; I had hoped for better from Objectivists and from you than a regurgitation of the talking points of the MSM.

Jim; You are so wrong. Having a stripper at a party should not be criminal behaviour.

Jim; I had hoped for better from Objectivists and from you than a regurgitation of the talking points of the MSM.

Chris,

I didn't say it should. However, there is such a thing as asking for trouble and sometimes you get it.

Jim

The most dreadful consequence of Nifong's shameful behavior is that the three boys can never escape being publicly identified with the non-rape of the non-victim in this non-case. Eventually, when their names are mentioned, the comment will be, "Oh, yes, weren't they involved in that rape case years ago? Did they go to jail -- or what?"

Watching Nifong going through the motions of "taking responsibility" -- whatever that means -- for what he did, which seems so fashionable to state in recent years when one is caught in dishonesty, reminded me of Clinton similarly "taking responsibility" in the Lewinsky mess. Of course they both were responsible for their actions; that goes without saying. Did they suppose we needed to be assured that they weren't in a coma or psychotic when they acted, or that it was not someone else who tried to railroad three boys or who slept with Lewinsky in th Oval Office? What exactly have I added to your knowledge -- or to my virtue -- if, after writing this post, I say "I take responsibility for this post?"

Barbara

The most dreadful consequence of Nifong's shameful behavior is that the three boys can never escape being publicly identified with the non-rape of the non-victim in this non-case. Eventually, when their names are mentioned, the comment will be, "Oh, yes, weren't they involved in that rape case years ago? Did they go to jail -- or what?"

Watching Nifong going through the motions of "taking responsibility" -- whatever that means -- for what he did, which seems so fashionable to state in recent years when one is caught in dishonesty, reminded me of Clinton similarly "taking responsibility" in the Lewinsky mess. Of course they both were responsible for their actions; that goes without saying. Did they suppose we needed to be assured that they weren't in a coma or psychotic when they acted, or that it was not someone else who tried to railroad three boys or who slept with Lewinsky in th Oval Office? What exactly have I added to your knowledge -- or to my virtue -- if, after writing this post, I say "I take responsibility for this post?"

Barbara

I agree with Barbara's post above. Nifong had months to take responsibility, he chose not to do so.

Jim

Sadly Nifong still does not get the point....I will have more but there are others including the President of Duke University, many members of the Duke faculty, and many members of the medial who don't get it either. All of the ones will sadly not suffer in any way.

The real guilty parties here, and the ones which deserve to suffer a lot, are the 300 million politically correct, multicultural Americans who almost all say -- or strongly suggest, via their slimy silence -- that white people are mostly racist, and black people are mostly their victims. The truth is the exact opposite. This elephant-in-the-room wild claim about noble, bigotry-free white people is what lets lies like those from Nifong and that black stripper easily triumph. America is awash in Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons, and practically nobody breathes a word about it, including Objectivists. This repellant racist culture has even been strongly written into law ever since about 1965 via "Civil Rights," "affirmative action," "set-asides," etc. Mindless white guilt over nothing and groundless white self-hatred dominates America. It's all part and parcel of our current irrational, illiberal, Dark Age, anti-Western, anti-American, anti-white, anti-male world culture.

Barbara,

I fully agree with the empty "taking responsibility" garbage. I watched Nifong's tearful resignation statement. It consisted of the following:

1. He made some unidentified and unidentifiable mistakes.

2. He always tried to do the right thing his whole life.

3. The mistakes he made were not lying nor most of the accusations before the bar. He was not a liar.

4. The reason he was resigning was that people would always point at him and talk about the Duke University case, so that would not serve justice. (I didn't get that logic, but there it is.)

5. He doesn't want his son to be ashamed of him, which is why he needs to "take responsibility" for his mistakes, but reject the accusations before him.

What a load of crap. I couldn't watch anymore after that. Instead of saying, "I let power go to my head, I acted immorally, I abused my office and I regret my actions," Nifong basically said he was a misunderstood moral hero and that the only reason he was resigning was because of the fault of others who would not treat him well from there on out. The whole world was wrong, but he wasn't. He was a victim of his own goodness and hunger for justice.

And he was more than glad to "take responsibility" for his actions.

Heh.

I am relieved and glad he was disbarred for poor ethical conduct and that this goes on his record. This guy has no moral compass whatsoever and if others don't use objective standards on him, he never will on himself.

What Nifong did to those boys out of spite, publicity seeking and pure power trip was disgusting and contemptible. It was a total misuse of power and privilege. It was pure "above-the-law arrogance" that is found among public prosecutors these days (especially in the misuse of plea bargaining). I hope other public prosecutors were watching this real hard. Checks and balances is not a perfect system, but it often works. And when it does in a case like this, it is a beautiful and comforting thing to see.

We live in a rational world and public ethical matters can be objective.

Michael

Jim; Are you proud of everything you did when you did when you were in college or high school? Only one of the accused arranged the party. He has apologized. No one in the Duke 88 has apologized.

Barbara; Your statement as always was excellent. Thank you for it and all your contributions over the years.

Sadly Nifong still does not get the point....I will have more but there are others including the President of Duke University, many members of the Duke faculty, and many members of the medial who don't get it either. All of the ones will sadly not suffer in any way.

The real guilty parties here, and the ones which deserve to suffer a lot, are the 300 million politically correct, multicultural Americans who almost all say -- or strongly suggest, via their slimy silence -- that white people are mostly racist, and black people are mostly their victims. The truth is the exact opposite. This elephant-in-the-room wild claim about noble, bigotry-free white people is what lets lies like those from Nifong and that black stripper easily triumph. America is awash in Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons, and practically nobody breathes a word about it, including Objectivists. This repellant racist culture has even been strongly written into law ever since about 1965 via "Civil Rights," "affirmative action," "set-asides," etc. Mindless white guilt over nothing and groundless white self-hatred dominates America. It's all part and parcel of our current irrational, illiberal, Dark Age, anti-Western, anti-American, anti-white, anti-male world culture.

No sanction.

--Brant

N.C. Panel Disbars Duke Prosecutor

By AARON BEARD

My Way News

Jun 17, 2007

It just gets worser and worser. From the article:

Witt admitted his client made "multiple, egregious mistakes." He insisted none were made intentionally, but struggled to offer another explanation.

"It didn't click," Witt said as he tried to explain away one of Nifong's errors. "His mind is just his mind. That's the way it works. It just didn't click."

Whazzat?

DIDN'T CLICK?!!!

Nifong's mind didn't click? This is said in defense of a man who held the power to throw people in jail for long periods of their lives and destroy reputations?

His mind DIDN'T CLICK? As in he was not rational or sane about evidence he saw? Nifong wants to be thought of as having suffered temporary insanity while exercising office and playing with people's lives and USA justice?

What in hell was he doing in a position like that anyway if his mind didn't click? He shouldn't even drive a car if his mind doesn't click at times. That is a damning indictment of the USA judicial system if true. (I don't believe it, either.)

Who else is out there with a mind that doesn't click?

Michael

I think there should be serious thought by everyone about the idea that Mike Nifong is the tip of the iceberg. Remember that 7/8ths of the iceburg is below the surface.

The full statement the Bar Association is on the Durham in Wonderland website. I commend it to everyone.

I think there should be serious thought by everyone about the idea that Mike Nifong is the tip of the iceberg. Remember that 7/8ths of the iceburg is below the surface.

The full statement the Bar Association is on the Durham in Wonderland website. I commend it to everyone.

Chris,

Nifong is the tip of the iceberg. We need to understand what conflicts of interests prosecutors have. The big thing in all of this is that every time we have a compromised and corrupt Mike Nifong, then suddenly all kinds of previous trials are open to question.

Jim

Jim; Are you proud of everything you did when you did when you were in college or high school? Only one of the accused arranged the party. He has apologized. No one in the Duke 88 has apologized.

Chris,

That's a fair question. I've done nothing I'm ashamed of and nothing I would mind seeing the light of day. There are many things I might have done differently, but I have no regrets. This is probably partly due to the fact that I lost my father at age 9 and felt responsibility in how I conducted myself, not only for myself but also to be the best big brother I could be to my younger brother and to not cause any more problems for my mother than the ones she already had.

I saw one of these kids, Reade Seligmann, on CNN. He looked like a stereotype of the spoiled preppy kid that you might see in one of the Brat Pack movies possibly starring Andrew McCarthy or Judd Nelson. The children of the rich and the upper middle class in America today share some problems with the very poor. Their choices don't change anything for them (or so it seems). The very poor get caught in a cycle where they think nothing they do right will improve their lot in life. The very rich and upper middle cycle get caught up in a cycle where they think none of their poor choices will have lasting negative consequences.

Reade Seligmann seems like a good kid underneath. These kids didn't deserve this malicious prosecution, but it may be one of the few things that gets through to them the idea that actions have consequences.

Jim

Edited by James Heaps-Nelson

Jim; Reed left the party very early. That's why he had an alibi. The pictures I saw of the party the players all look bored. There was some drinking and they hired strippers. Jim; Get a life.

Duke University has settled with the three players for an undisclosed amount. I think it is safe that Duke did want to have to go through the discovery process.

The Governor and the judge have demanded that Mike Nifong resign as soon as possible. One of the Durham City Council has Nifong should just clean out his disk and leave.

I must add that Wendy Murphy has been one of the worst commentators on the case but I have to wonder if the refusal to prosecute is based upon Miss Magnum's ethnicity and her having to be stripper.

Michael;

Excellent article! The arthur has seen the case clearly from the beginning.

In recent week Wendy Murphy has said that she thinks that Miss Magnum should be prosecuted for perjury. The NC AG ruled it out at the time of the exoneration but should she have to pay a penalty for her actions.

M y first sentence should be last. I know that sentence sounds like a Bible verse.

Edited by Chris Grieb

For a bit of perspective on how our world regards fairly small, fake crimes committed by whites against blacks, versus how people regard large, real crimes committed by blacks against whites check out Michelle Malkin.

Kyrel; I keep remembering that magic moment when Jesse Jackson admitted that if he was on a deserted street and heard footsteps he would feel much safer if the people behind were white rather than black. Another example of this fact is that taxi-cab drivers in DC routinely pass by young black males because of fear of robbery.

It is worth noting some people including Instapundit disagree Malkin on her take on the case you are referring to.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Kyrel

What a horror.

This goes beyond racism, though. I think Malkin is more on target when she talked about a category with a political agenda. Imagine if the murdered couple had been a gay couple, for instance. Then there would have been mainstream media coverage, regardless of race.

It is pathetic that racism is enough part of the current political climate to influence news coverage.

Michael

Barbara; Instapundit has a couple of posts about this case. I think he lives in Knoxville. Glen Reynolds(Instapunidt) has had a couple of posts about the case. He says the case is awful. I would say the same but he always that some things that have been reported are not true. I want to make it clear that what Glen Reynolds warrants the death penalty for one more of the defendants. Barbara I hope this helps.

It is worth noting some people including Instapundit disagree Malkin on her take on the case you are referring to.

Chris, can you give a link to this? I am horrified by Michelle Malkin's video, and would like to know if it can be refuted.

Barbara

Sure, it can be refuted to some extent: The media powers that be don't want to promote a race war which fascists and Nazis and racists would win. It's not just political correctness.

--Brant

Brant; I don't know where to begin. Maybe I won't. Some things that have been reported are not true. It is an awful case.

Edited by Chris Grieb