Future Currency?

Steve Gagne

An article titled Goodbye U.S. dollar, hello global currency, discusses the claims of the chief of the CFR that monetary nationalism and sovereignty should be abandoned.

Do you see this as a direction our nation should be moving in? If so, why? If not, why not?

He seems to be arguing for some kind of gold standard. But the dollar and the US Fed aren't going away anytime soon.

Buying gold is a good way to build up savings over time, say have half in quality gold stocks (the companies should not hedge by selling forward) and half in physical possession (1 oz. bullion coins) as a hedge against catastrophe. Buy some at the present price and continually add over time using the same dollar amount. If the price of gold goes down 50% you'll be able to buy twice as much. If the price goes way up soon, at least you'll have your initial position. However, even then, keep buying. If your income goes up you'll be able to increase the dollar amount devoted to savings each month.

Remember, I'm talking about savings. If you want to invest (speculate) buy equities (other than gold). I agree with Arthur Robinson that today's "investing" is speculation, which is what I do.

--Brant

See this thread: Money and Politics - The Money Masters

If you really want to understand what the global currency story is all about, see the following animated video (47 min.). I have yet to find a clearer presentation of what money is and how it is created out of nothing but debt. This thing was an eye-opener.

Money as Debt

I cannot recommend this video highly enough. Also, if you want to see why everything is gravitating toward central banks, see the following:

The Money Masters - Part 1 of 2

The Money Masters - Part 2 of 2

All three videos are free. It seems that with the drive toward a single currency, some of the theories in the videos are spot on. I will be carrying on a discussion and providing more information over time on the linked thread above.

Michael

• 3 years later...

What happened with the Euro (it gives countries an incentive to overspend (e.g. Greece) and punishes the less profligate (Germany)) has put currency unification politically out of the question for decades.

Corsi has a reputation among mainstream conservatives and free-marketeers as a crank. If half of that reputation is justified I wouldn't take his economic advice.