Your ironical, fortunate or unfortunate birthday date.

Our birthday’s can fall on peculiar dates. For some of us, that day can be Christmas or Halloween—or some other date that is enough for someone to crack a joke. When asked what date our birthday’s are, sometimes a questioner will pause in a serious manner and say, “Wow, really?” To which you reply: “why do you seem surprised?” “Well, that’s Hitler’s birthday.” Arrrgh! Now how do you ever enjoy April 16th again? (Keep in mind that this is also Charlie Chaplin’s birthday). :)

Do you have an unusual birthday date? Good or bad or strange or ironic? Or is it nondescript? Do tell.

I have a lousy birthday date. And I’m not too happy about it. It’s September 11th.

:getlost:

Edited by Victor Pross

Mine is Dec 29th. Not the best time for a b-day. One year you get an awesome Christmas but not so great b-day. The next year you get a wonderful b-day but not so great Christmas. Unfortunately my b-day has ocassionally been forgotten because of all the hustle and bustle of Christmas. :( I also get calls on days that fall outside of Dec 29th wishing me a happy b-day such as on the 30th or the 27th or the 28th. LOL Oy. My mother swears that I was born on the 30th whereas my dad always calls me on the 28th or 27th to wish me a happy b-day. Oy.

I so have to laugh at this now but I remember when I was very very young asking my parents if I could switch my b-day to a month well away from Christmas. I eventually asked them to please switch it to sometime in August and this was asked for on quite a few ocassions so this month has stuck in my mind and still does, even more so now. That month would be perfect for me, middle of summer, no major holidays around and far enough away from Christmas. Well, of course, my b-day was never switched, not even the time to celebrate it. LOL Even though I was so young, it was a pretty big concern for me to the point I asked my parents if it could be celebrated in August sometime. Interesting enough, my son was born smack dab in the middle of August, August 15th to be exact. :)

I know a few that have b-days on Halloween, New Year's, and 4th of July.

Mine's October 5th. I'm not aware of this being any big date in historical terms, but I read somewhere that it's the most common birthday in the United States.

I...it's....*sputter*.....I'm...common??!?!!! :shocked:

Other than that, I love autumn, and October's probably my favorite month along with late April/early Mayish. So that's nice.

~Elizabeth

:D Happy Birthday Brant!!!!

My birthday is December 11, exactly two weeks before Christmas. If that ain't bad enough, my sister and I are Irish twins. Our birthdays are three days short of a year apart. So not only did I have that Jesus guy stealing my fire, but my stupid sister is too!! Bummer!

Kat

Victor, sorry about your birth date!

Mine's August 14, V-J Day (or rather the anniversary of it; I'm not that old!)

Thanks for saying, Laure.

You know, I had big birthday plans that year, 2001. I was all set to go out with friends to celebrate. As you can imagine my plans fell through that night. Ever since then, my birthday has been stigmatized and this certain succulence resides over celebrating my birthday. That date is just so damn bleak and for a good reason. However, that bleakness was broken in 2006 when Angie swept me off my feet and sent me flowers. That's when I fell in love. ;] It was the first time a woman ever sent me flowers! So now I’ll think about that. :)

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

You know, I had big birthday plans that year, 2001. I was all set to go out with friends to celebrate. As you can imagine my plans fell through that night. Ever since then, my birthday has been stigmatized and this certain succulence resides over celebrating my birthday. That date is just so damn bleak and for a good reason. However, that bleakness was broken in 2006 when Angie swept me off my feet and set me flowers. It was the first time a woman ever sent me flowers! So now I’ll think about that. :)

-Victor

Well, I'm glad I was able to brighten your b-day up and there is a first for everything. ;) Hey, you can't forget the teddy bears that went with it and the balloons too !! hehehehe Btw, you're lucky you got the teddy bears. I wanted to keep them for myself. I really like teddy bears. But you got the whole enchilada and you got the cute bears on top of it but maybe not for long. LOL :devil:

Edited by CNA

You know, I had big birthday plans that year, 2001. I was all set to go out with friends to celebrate. As you can imagine my plans fell through that night. Ever since then, my birthday has been stigmatized and this certain succulence resides over celebrating my birthday. That date is just so damn bleak and for a good reason. However, that bleakness was broken in 2006 when Angie swept me off my feet and set me flowers. It was the first time a woman ever sent me flowers! So now I’ll think about that. :)

-Victor

Well, I'm glad I was able to brighten your b-day up and there is a first for everything. ;) Hey, you can't forget the teddy bears that went with it and the balloons too !! hehehehe Btw, you're lucky you got the teddy bears. I wanted to keep them for myself. I really like teddy bears. But you got the whole enchilada and you got the cute bears on top of it but maybe not for long. LOL :devil:

Nobody--but nobody touches my teddy bears! (Oh, god, there goes my manhood) :shocked:

Jeff,

From the Wikipedia article about August 11:

1929 - Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.

(Birthdays):

1976 - Bubba Crosby, American baseball player

1984 - Melky Cabrera, American baseball player

How could you not know these things?

:)

Michael

1) Romulus and Remus founded Rome.

2) Henry VIII ascends the throne.

3) [for you, Mike] -> Tiradentes is hanged and quartered (hopefully in that sequence) & Brasilia is inaugurated [giveaway there, I guess].

4) St. Anselm, Mark Twain & The Red Baron died. (Hmmmm....)

5) extra-solar planets announced as discovered.

6) Sylvana Mangano (think Sophia Loren competitor) & Max Weber born...before me.

LLAP

J:D

PS: Thanx Kori!

Edited by John Dailey

The Dead Or Alive web site has information on most modern famous people. It's the first site I check every day. It lists separately the births and deaths of famous moderns. If the person as died the cause is listed and a small bit about their life. The site also has lists of living people over 85 and famous people who died before they were 30. You can nominate people who you think should be included. I have nominated Nataniel Branden so far unsuccessfully.