Music fans: BLUE RODEO!

Hey Victor, thanks for the Blue Rodeo links. Blue Rodeo is definitely in the artists deserving of greater recognition category. The alt-country magazine No Depression had a good write up on Blue Rodeo here.

Mick

Mick, I couldn't agree with you more. They are an intellignent band with whistful and rocking tunes. It's a damn shame that this band didn't make a big splash in the US like other Canadian Rock (or country) bands, Rush being one of them. I told Angie that I'm going to miss seeing Blue Rodeo live when I move out to her. I'm going to miss Blue Rodeo and our pretty Canadian money. Not much else though.

My fave CD from them is Five Days in July. From the site you posted, it says:

The ensuing Five Days In July, recorded in the summer of ’93 at Keelor’s farm about an hour outside Toronto, is a more laid-back, mostly acoustic affair, sounding (as its title implied) very much like a stretch of summertime days spent hanging out in the country. A couple of deeper, darker songs at the end of the disc, however, were recorded later at another site — with vocal contributions from Sarah McLachlan (who was not universally known at the time) — and those tracks give a clue as to where the band was headed on its next record.

Edited by Victor Pross

Thanks for posting more of them, Victor. I'm digging them even though I normally really hate country music. You posted a song from them in another thread that I really liked, but I don't remember what it was called. I'll have to go find it.

I'm giving some of those YouTube videos a try. All I've seen or heard of Blue Rodeo, which I did like, was their movie appearance in the underrated comedy-drama "Postcards from the Edge."

They backed Meryl Streep -- yes, I found it hard to believe, but she showed energy and panache! -- on "I'm Checkin' Out (of This Heartbreak Hotel)." That merits a re-visit.