Immigrating to the USA!

As is common with bureaucracy, the INS has no ability to distinguish the important from the unimportant. It also has no appreciation for the value of American's time.

James, congratulations to you and Rita.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one issue I never commented about online because it makes my blood boil thinking about immigration restrictions. If people really knew how difficult this process is, they would be shocked.

Jim,

Heh.

Try immigrating to Brazil. I have a permanent residence visa for Brazil.

The horror film I worked on pales by comparison with what I went through to get that.

I have heard that USA immigration bureaucracy, which used to be complicated, become much, much worse after 9/11.

Michael

Michael; You know I bet they haven't gotten any terrorists. You can go the airport and watch 80 year old women being checked and required to disrobe.

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose I could very well put this out there now—and that is this: I will be, as this thread states, moving from Canada to the USA--California way.

I imagine it will take me some time to become established in my chosen profession, but until such time I will need to work. I’m not so proud to not take a "Joe Job" at the beginning—and maybe there is a company that will sponsor me, which I imagine would be better for my case. (Angie offered to be my sugar mamma as she is happy just to have a boy-toy…okay, I’m full of shit).

If you (or anybody that you should know) would take mem on, it will be all the better to have a job to go to once I land and take Angie in my arms. All that is well and good, but a man must work. :)

Edited by Victor Pross