Immigrating to the USA!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immigrating to the USA!

I am tired of living in a country that has limited opportunities for a person of my immense talents. (Harrumph!) :wink:

Hi Victor

In the meantime, have you considered trying to sell your art on ebay? Just a thought, I'm sure they must have an art section and you could always try selling your first one with a reserve.

Best

Fran

Immigrating to the USA!

I am tired of living in a country that has limited opportunities for a person of my immense talents. (Harrumph!) :wink:

Hi Victor

In the meantime, have you considered trying to sell your art on ebay? Just a thought, I'm sure they must have an art section and you could always try selling your first one with a reserve.

Best

Fran

Fran,

Yes, years ago. Lots of bidding and I loved it at the time…seven years ago or so. It does take a lot of time and energy.

-Victor

Victor; I'll pass on your proposal but I thought Ayn Rand got to be an American citizen because of her marriage. Does anyone out there know? I thought you were going with an American.

Hi Chris,

Yes, to my knowledge, Rand did gain stay in the USA when marrying Frank, an American. Yes, Angie is a red blooded American girl. Maybe laws have changed since the 1920s though. We'll see.

One day I'm going to marry this girl. :)

Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Victor; Your going with Angie maybe a double blessing. Paul S Allen is an immigration attorney here is Washington. Allen is a libertarian and has some knowledge of Objectivism. You might try to reach him as he has gotten a lot of people into the US. He will charge but he can make suggestions. His phone is 202 638-2278. I think your wanting to come to the US is great and I hope for the best.

Edited by Chris Grieb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O700tzlHoSQ

Abraham Martin and John - Dion and the Belmonts

This is one of my fave "pro-American" tunes by Dion.

Edit: Thanks Chirs. I was suppose to be an American from the start, you know. :)

edit again:

Chris, you are a good chap. Angie and I appreciate you and we speak in high regard of you. Listen, no matter how I twist your features --it’s all done in fun and I have a great respect for you. :turned: :)

Edited by Victor Pross

Victor; Your going with Angie maybe a double blessing. Paul S Allen is an immigration attorney here is Washington. Allen is a libertarian and has some knowledge of Objectivism. You might try to reach him as he has gotten a lot of people into the US. He will charge but he can make suggestions. His phone is 202 638-2278. I think your wanting to come to the US is great and I hope for the best.

Chris,

This is very sweet of you and means a lot !! Victor and I have talked much about this and looking at all possible options, although I don't think it will be too much of a hassle getting him here. But thank you very much for the reference and the well wishing as I know it is truly meant by you !! :)

Angie

Victor & Angie; Thanks for the good wishes. Mr Allen from what I have heard is a tenacious fighter for his clients in addition to having Objectivist and Libertarian leanings. Do what you think is best but very good wishes. My best to you both.

Victor & Angie; Thanks for the good wishes. Mr Allen from what I have heard is a tenacious fighter for his clients in addition to having Objectivist and Libertarian leanings. Do what you think is best but very good wishes. My best to you both.

Even though I am dealing with a lawyer now, I will be keeping my options open—anything to get to Angie. We are excited about sharing a life together. We belong together and are overdue. I like the idea that the Mr. Allen is a fighter with philosophical leanings. Chris, I will call him. Thanks.

Congratulations to Rita!

It sounds like there is more involved in becoming a citizen then marrying an American or having an employer sponsor you. I can't imagine how horrible it is dealing with all the legal BS. I know I felt like I was dealing with immigration myself when I was trying to move my kids to Florida... and that was just to leave Cook County. Michael ended up coming here instead and is dealing with 30 below windchill. :brr: I really don't want to spend another winter in Chicago and I think that it is ridiculous that people are not able to freely move across the country without the legal BS.

Woof!

Kat

James and Rita,

All my best wishes for happiness. It is so good to get bureaucratic issues out of the way.

Michael

Thanks, Michael. This is one issue I never commented about online because it makes my blood boil thinking about immigration restrictions. If people really knew how difficult this process is, they would be shocked.

Jim

This is one issue I never commented about online because it makes my blood boil thinking about immigration restrictions. If people really knew how difficult this process is, they would be shocked.

Jim,

Heh.

Try immigrating to Brazil. I have a permanent residence visa for Brazil.

The horror film I worked on pales by comparison with what I went through to get that.

I have heard that USA immigration bureaucracy, which used to be complicated, become much, much worse after 9/11.

Michael