Big Tech Censorship

Mark

Big Tech Censorship and Section 230 of the  “Communications Decency Act”

by Ed Powell.

Amy Peikoff is beginning to see the light after what happened to Parler, of which she is Chief Policy Officer.  She calls it “censorship by proxy.”  The above essay is based on a reply to Amy.

I’m placing this post in the ARI Corner forum because ARI continues to defend Tech Totalitarianism.

• Upvote 2

On 1/23/2021 at 1:19 AM, Mark said:

Big Tech Censorship and Section 230 of the  “Communications Decency Act”

by Ed Powell.

Amy Peikoff is beginning to see the light after what happened to Parler, of which she is Chief Policy Officer.  She calls it “censorship by proxy.”  The above essay is based on a reply to Amy.

I’m placing this post in the ARI Corner forum because ARI continues to defend Tech Totalitarianism.

Mark: Could Ed Powell's essay and his other essays be also posted to O.Online? His work is top class.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png

John Matze was fired from Parler a few days ago, but it looks like Amy kept her job. At least the image above is a screenshot of the placeholder page where they removed all reference to Matze.

I'll post more about this later since it's an ugly story that I believe belongs in this thread. Here's a teaser. Dan Bongino, who is still an owner, has been having a cow over a feud with Matze :) .

But for now, I hope Amy does well in her position under new Parler direction if she is still on board.

Michael

Also, this post is pertinent.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 1/11/2021 at 1:53 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's a shame Parler caved to the people who are trying to kill it re Lin Wood. Parler deleted several of his posts trying to save its own ass. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This leaves an even worse taste in my mouth.

Parler set itself up on AWS because it's cheap. And that's fine. But there's an elephant standing right beside the Parler people. Bezos not only owns Amazon, it owns the Washington Post. Since Parler was becoming MAGA country and President Trump recently chopped AWS out of a highly lucrative Pentagon contract, what the hell was Matze thinking? Or Bongino, for that matter?

Now we learn Matze was using a free trial of a data platform to receive that massive influx of new users from Trump's deleted Twitter account...

Good God...

But wait! There's more!

Amy Peikoff was a head manager over there.

Is there anything in her past to suggest she was skilled at managing a major social media platform? I just looked and her title at Parler was "Chief Policy Officer."

I'm not bashing her (well, maybe a bit tongue in cheek based on O-Land dramas :) ), but asking a serious question. Her show on BlogTalkRadio was never more than a tiny audience venture. Ditto for her stuff with Yaron Brook.

What's more, most all of that stuff was on free platforms for normal users.

Wouldn't a person qualified to run a major social media company have done a bit more than that with online programs and platforms?

Man, as we learn more about Parler behind the scenes, it just keeps getting worse and worse...

This post and the one before are the context. 

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Parler is back up.

I signed in and it works.

It kept all my previous settings and interactions.

Yay!

:)

Michael

Look how much happens in a couple of short years.

BREAKING: Parler is No More – Social Media Company Sold to Starboard and Shut Down

Screen-Shot-2023-04-14-at-8.46.53-AM.png
THEDCPATRIOT.COM

Parler has been acquired by a company named Starboard, which used to be known as Olympic Media, and they shut the site down and...

From the article:

Parler has been acquired by a company named Starboard, which used to be known as Olympic Media, and they shut the site down and announced the acquisition out of the blue today.

To make a long story short, they have bought Parler for their massive email list that is estimated to be around 20 million emails, and their user based and will be trying to sell that user base products they offer, etc. Parler is done.

Well, there goes Amy Peikoff's gig, if she was still there.

Or who knows? Maybe she will adapt to crony corporatism.

At this stage, my advice would be to just take any severance money there is and run.

What's more, I have an account at Parler. So I am getting prepared. Now comes the friggin' spam.

btw - I went to Parler to see for myself. Yup. Shut down.

Here is the screenshot of what I get right now. This will change over time, but the app as it existed is bye-bye. 

image.png

Just so you understand what "unsupported online communities" means when AI is being added to the mix, this means niche marketing on a scale not yet seen.

As soon as I can get access again, I will close my Parler account.

Michael

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2023 at 9:16 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Well, there goes Amy Peikoff's gig, if she was still there.

Wow.

Amy landed at BitChute.

Look for yourself.

image.png

I just now followed her on Twitter.

Why?

Several people outside of O-Land I have top respect for follow her. Just look at these people, ones I follow, from the list of her followers:
image.png

The other reason I followed her is that I am proud of her.

Seriously.

I haven't been before, but I am now.

She has turned from a words only person into a deeds person.

Good on you, Amy.

Michael

• 8 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 5:19 PM, Mark said:

Amy Peikoff is beginning to see the light...

Not only did Amy see the light about social media and alt new sites, here she is being interviewed by guess who?

Did you guess it?

Didja?

Didja?

Well here it comes...

Wait for it...

Ta-daa!

Alex Jones.

WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Amy Peikoff joins Alex Jones live to discuss the unjust treatment of Julian Assange, and how we can secure journalistic freedom for all.

How many people at ARI and in O-Land have savaged Alex Jones over the years? Yet there she is.

It's a good thing consistency is not a value practiced much in O-Land. Right?

I'm quipping, but here we are. And Amy is not only looking at principles in this interview, she is looking at reality. With Alex's audience, I think this one will have ripples in the culture. I sure hope so...

But wait! There's more!

They're talking about Julian Assange... Nay, they are supporting Julian Assange...

Cool...

Michael

• Like 2