Troops battle 10-foot marijuana plants

Michael Stuart Kelly

All is not well with containing the Taliban militants in Afghanistan. The Canadian forces are having some big weed trouble (thick marijuana forests) to contend with, and it's a serious headache.

Troops battle 10-foot marijuana plants

The marijuana forest provides excellent cover for Taliban militants to dodge in and out, and the plants are so full of water right now they won't catch on fire with hardly anything. From the article:

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.

"A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those (forests) did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hillier said dryly.

War is hell...

Michael

"Troops Battle 10-Foot Marijuana Plants"

:blink::unsure: :cry: :)

I had to read this story because I got a huge laugh reading just the headline...it has started me writing a satirical story based on this:

The plants start taking over....

President Bush calls out the National Guard....

They are spreading across Maryland and heading South....

On Interstates which pass too near them, drivers have been seen weaving all over the road....

Alert Homeland Security....

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Agent Orange?

• 1 month later...

~ Ha! The 'headline' conjures up scenes from the old Day of the Triffids for me. :lol: Just picture that 'battle'! -> "The flame-throwers are no use. There's too many of them! We're done for! Ah-h-h-r-r-gh...I'm feeling light-headed and non-hostile; they got me. Save yourselves!"

~ I'd suspect that a lot of the troops called 'back home' to be sent extra brownies.

LLAP

J:D

Edited by John Dailey