Terrorist Attack in Christchurch, New Zealand

This is too big to ignore.

Australian terrorist, 28, kills 40 and injures 48 more when he opens fire in a Christchurch mosque and livestreams the slaughter - as cars loaded with bombs are found and three suspects are arrested

A couple of hours ago, I went to 4chan and managed to see a couple of videos the shooter made of his slaughter. He kept returning to the fallen wounded to shoot them again. I also glanced through his manifesto. Sick. Narcissistic and cheerful.

You can see some pictures at the link above.

What an asshole. That word is not nearly strong enough, but that's all he's getting from me right now. 

This asshole is no badass mastermind. He's just a pathetic little white supremacy coward who is only brave against the unarmed. Ditto for his cohorts.

The worst part is that New Zealand is one of the countries that has abolished the death penalty. So these assholes are going to continue to live. I hope the inmates rape them over and over with kitchen utensils and never let them live a day without unending pain.

Man, am I sad when I think about the murdered...

Michael

Dissenter is turning up this video a lot.  Tim Pool gleans some information about the horrifying massacre in Christchurch, and suggests 'we' are at the Gates of Civil War. 🔥🔥🔥

Hello Mike, Pete, Bill

Nice to be able to chat today.  Hope all are well and prospering.

Please forgive that I disagree with Mike where he typed about the murderer's manifesto that //  I also glanced through his manifesto. Sick. Narcissistic and cheerful. //

I too skimmed a portion of it and thought it a grim warning and call to war based on internet conspiracy myths and Kant style group-think subjectivism rather than self-aggrandizement. But then again war is always sickening.  The guy's live stream of him shooting up the mosque showed him handling his weapons very proficiently; his guns, however, were covered with arcane markings that I speculate had occult significance in his distorted worldview.  As for the charge of his cowardice, lets call a spade what it is. Muslims don't integrate or assimilate into the society of a country to which they immigrate. Instead they wage cultural jihad for as long as it takes to dominate in a multi-generational effort of conquest as is happening in Europe. And don't ignore that Islam is as tribal and wack or more so than Caucasian tribalism.  The hope here is that Islamic State or Al Qaeda jihadist operatives remain in their mole-holes instead of retaliating against innocents. Meanwhile New Zealand allows the Mohammedans to invade their country and thereby kowtows to the Globalists oligarchs  acting in true cowardly fashion, for it is the purpose of the State to protect the rights of the citizens from force, fraud, invasion and so forth.

Anyways. Cheers and Best Wishes for Continued Success :)      

People are going to vent right now and many are very afraid.

So let me zoom out a bit more and try to see a simple big-picture pattern.

And here's what I see. Whenever a large group of people with specific identifying characteristics detect they are being scapegoated or oppressed, combatting this will become the theme, the reason for living, of many of the fringe and crazies among them. Average people will have opinions about this, but for the crazies, the key difference is the intensity of feeling that fuels their certainty. And if real threats, not just rhetoric, are involved in the scapegoating, the urgency for the crazies ramps up to DEFCON level. They are going to act. 

You see this with whites (in this case), blacks, Muslims and, in fact, most major religions, and so on. You see it with sports teams, believe it or not, political movements, and so on. A while back, a crazy who was a Bernie supporter, of all things, shot up a bunch of Republican congressmen following this pattern.

I don't believe this Christchurch shooting is indicative of mas war-like hostilities, or even a trigger for them. But there has been an engineered flooding of European culture countries with people from Islamic countries (which is a discussion in itself) and this has been wedded to a mainstream narrative that the whites are evil, have privilege, are racists, and on and on. Blah blah blah. But there you have a real economic and cultural threat and there you have the scapegoating rhetoric and storytelling. And the crazies are watching and listening.

Don't forget, in many places, whites are the majority. Scapegoating any majority is a bad idea simply because there are more crazies in a majority than in a minority.

To be clear, you see this pattern (the attacked group perceiving a threat, whether real or not, and constant scapegoating rhetoric by the attackers) happening to all kinds of groups. And you see isolated acts of terror and violence by the fringe crazies in these groups.

Whites, right now, are not organized around whiteness, so I don't see this Christchurch terror attack signaling the start of a civil war. I see it as a delusional effort of some pathetic little men stewing in delusions of their own importance to the world. Pundits and the news are playing this importance up, too, but I don't see a blaze, only a small brush fire.

I do see some political actors trying to ramp this up to cash in on it, but I don't think coordinated acts of violence by whites will become a commonplace event. I predict a few copycat atrocities, but it will fizzle out much like the race riots by the blacks during the Obama years fizzled out. Racist movements engineered by the elitists in the Internet age tend to fizzle out after the five minutes of fame pass.

That's right. As usual, I believe some people among the ruling class elitists are behind the political actors stirring up the bigotry. I wouldn't be surprised to see agents of them among the crazies ramping up their delusions. In fact, I'm almost sure of it. (That doesn't mean the crazies will only act if they are being encouraged this way. It only means this exists in addition to their fringe weirdness.)

Let's see what happens. We live in a wonderful world where the widespread fear of terror attacks comes from the media more than reality. Once we see what movements like ISIS did, then we have a real problem. But until that point, the Christchurch attack is a tragic event perpetrated by some crazies and not much else. I bet you who are reading this will go to the supermarket, talk with people, live your day-to-day and so on much in the same manner you did before it happened. The only difference in your personal life is the interjection of a media story that scares the dickens out of you. But everything else is the same.

When it starts to change in a manner around you in your daily life that you can see NOT through the media, that's is when you really need to get scared. (The people in Christchurch get a pass on this one for now, though. They can see what happened right next door and there may be more than just this one asshole and his cohorts in his crazy little bubble in Christchurch.)

We just need to keep a watch out for copycat crazies during this media storm. That's valid. We don't need to be vigilant against whites in general.

Michael

Rush Limbaugh suggests New Zealand shootings might be a false flag attack committed by a leftist to smear conservatives

Limbaugh: "There's an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies"

49 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Rush Limbaugh suggests New Zealand shootings might be a false flag attack committed by a leftist to smear conservatives

Limbaugh: "There's an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies"

See how deceptive the left is?

Rush gave a rundown of the theories BY OTHERS out there in the media. The one in the quote above is one among many.

The left then says this is what he believes ("suggests" tee hee hee as Jonathan might say) and makes it a big headline.

As information, it's crap. This says more about the person who publishes it than it does about Rush.

Michael

Here's the quote in context. First the link:

New Zealand Shooting Typically Politicized by the Left

Rush was analyzing the way the left politicizes tragedies like this before they even know how many people got killed. And the first thing they say is that there are a lot more right-wing terrorism acts than any other. The guy HASSAN in the quote below is a beaut on CNN:

HASSAN: You have Muslim victims of terrorism tonight in New Zealand. Um, I mentioned the attack in Quebec City shortly after Trump was inaugurated. Is there someone out there tonight who’s going to hear Trump’s rhetoric and act on it? Less than six months ago we know one of his big supporters sent pipe bombs in the mail to dozens of people who Trump had personally attacked and demonized. We know that lots of far-right attackers have claimed to be Trump supporters in recent months.

RUSH: No, we don’t know that! This is all made up! We don’t know this! This is their pipe dream. The idea that there is far more crazed, right-wing terrorism in America than there is any other kind is nothing more than a media narrative manufactured out of whole cloth, and it’s just waiting for events like this to take place. And this is what happens, folks.

You probably get up and you see this news story, and in addition to all this emotion you have over the sheer shock, terror, and horror of it all, then you realize you’re gonna face a whole day of the politicization of it. You realize you’re gonna face a whole day of Donald Trump or you being blamed for it or things you believe in being blamed for it. And then you know there are gonna be the routine attacks on the National Rifle Association, and we can thank Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for opening that door.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called out the NRA after the New Zealand shootings. “What good are your thoughts and prayers?” she said. It’s a tradition when things like this happen that you send thoughts and prayers to the families and so forth. And here she is, “What good is that? That doesn’t do anybody any good.”

“Dana Loesch, spokeswoman for the NRA, responded to the criticism from Ocasio-Cortez. She replied ‘good grief’ to a tweet that accused Ocasio-Cortez of being hypocritical for ‘attacking those who pray’ after previously putting ash on her forehead for Ash Wednesday,” which she did.

Now, folks, when a politician politicizes and mocks faith, I think that it speaks volumes about that politician. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez attacked faith and prayer after people of faith who were in a house of prayer were brutally murdered, which to me is just immature, childish, shortsighted, and heartless.

And so she takes here a horrific attack in New Zealand to try to demonize the NRA, which isn’t even in New Zealand. The shooter’s objective here was to divide. And another thing that happens here when these events happen, you have all kinds of speculation that erupts. And there is an ongoing theory — Mr. Snerdley, correct me if I’m wrong about this — there’s an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies, knowing he’s gonna get shot in the process. You can’t immediately discount this.

The left is this insane. They are this crazy. And if that’s exactly what the guy’s trying to do now then he’s hit a home run because right there on Fox News: “The shooter is an admitted white nationalist who hates immigrants.” You try to absorb all of this to try to keep some sort of an even keel about it. 

. . .

But at its base here you have a nut who shot up 49 people in a mosque. And from the moment it happened, you have politicization of the event with activists all over the place attempting to co-opt it or hijack it to advance their particular political point of view.

I bolded the quote to give the context. notice the words "all kinds of speculation that erupts."

Now reread the way William posted it.

How in hell is that honest? In fact, he just proved Rush's point.

Rush doesn't think the guy is a leftist who did that to smear the right, but he does think the theory is not implausible because he thinks the left is crazy enough that this could happen. (Think Jussie Smollett, etc.)

What Rush really thinks is that the left constantly politicizes tragedies and are doing so here.

btw - This was an easy catch for me since I had read the transcript earlier.

Michael

Ayn Rand's designated hitter wrote: What Rush really thinks is that the left constantly politicizes tragedies and are doing so here.

Well said. And I agree with Rush that the left cares NOTHING about victims. It is all about gaining power and being the rulers.

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now reread the way William posted it.

How in hell is that honest? In fact, he just proved Rush's point.

It's not just in William's post without links, either.

See this one by Zero Hedge:

Limbaugh Floats "False Flag" Theory NZ Shooter Is "Leftist" Who Staged Attack To Frame Conservatives

The article is actually not bad, but the headline is clickbait slime using the insinuation that Rush believes this.

There is something more nuanced I can believe, though. I can believe Rush raised the issue with a little ambiguity in his manner of speaking as his own form of staying front and center in the news (more or less using Trump's form of pushing the media's prejudice buttons to make them go apeshit and talk about nothing but him), but his words are clear. To echo what he said about this false flag theory, if what I just said about Rush is true, it's working and he's getting a lot of free prime space in mainstream fake news venues (he calls them the "drive by's) blasting him for something that will come back on them later like a boomerang.

Michael

I just did a skim of the news coverage.

I don't give good chances of any major fix to the reasons for this attack.

All I see--fundamentally--are people clamoring that their tribe is superior to the other tribes and that the solution is for other tribes to obey their beliefs. It's never stated like that, but that's what's underneath.

In other words, in terms of mass shootings of innocents, we can expect the world to keep turning more or less as it is.

The good news (if we can call it that) is that, seeing how there are over seven billion people in the world, actual cases are few. Former times in human history have been a lot more violent and violence was a lot more widespread.

Michael

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
16 hours ago, william.scherk said:

See how deceptive the left is?

Totally.  I apologize for not including a link to Media Matters ... I was unusually lazy.

limbaugh.png

Edited by william.scherk
Cherry picking for "The Left"
  • Like 1

No problem-o Wilhelm. I never or rarely include links, tweets, blogs, or Facebook, since I am interested in the thinking I just emphasized. Hillary's daughter "It Was a Chelsea  Morning," just got shamed for criticizing some leftist Muslim congresswoman for smearing Jews at a rally (vigil?) about the New Zealand act of terrorism. I doubt New Zealand has the death penalty.  

It is interesting that different English speaking people pronounce words differently. Back in the 50's or early 60's my Dad had a NZ girlfriend. I find NZ and South African English the most different from Nebraska English, though some dialects in England are hard to decipher too. And oddly, Southern California English sounds horrible and was ridiculed on SNL. All the guys sound gay and slur their words. But when I lived in San Diego, California and went to kindergarten I don't remember guys talking like that. I lived on Gila Avenue in Sandy Aygo. Gila is pronounce Heela. Lizards and snakes abounded. Great climate but a bit dry back then.     

7 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Totally.  I apologize for not including a link to Media Matters ... I was unusually lazy.

William,

I appreciate the apology. Thank you. 

Furthermore, David Brock is not your friend. He is--and never will be--a good source for left-leaning people who like facts.

He's a political propagandist specialized in hit jobs. He was that when he was a conservative, and he still is that after he converted to Clintonian crony progressivism. His thing is power, not ideology.

If war and authoritarian takeovers are your thing, he's the man for the job. If you favor reason, he's a "discrediting of your reputation" factor because he will just as easily mobilize a propaganda campaign around a lie as he will around a fact.

If you want to see this documented in detail, see The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think, and How You Vote by Sharyl Attkisson. This book heavily focuses on David Brock.

btw - Sharyl has a really nice unbiased and fact-based news program she set up: Full Measure. She covers important news topics (or important facets of popular news items) that get drowned out by the fake news story wars. The reports are never long and there are not that many (probably due to budget). So it's easy to keep up with her. In fact, they could be called news tidbits. But I think they're cool.

Michael

On 3/15/2019 at 10:37 PM, Peter said:

Ayn Rand's designated hitter wrote: What Rush really thinks is that the left constantly politicizes tragedies and are doing so here.

Well said. And I agree with Rush that the left cares NOTHING about victims. It is all about gaining power and being the rulers.

I was not implying that Michael was in any way similar to Leonardo Peikoff, but rather he was well suited to go "O" where no one has gone before.  

I'm seeing around the Interwebs a reference to two Al Qaeda terrorists having come from one of the mosques in Christchurch that was targeted in this attack.

If true, that doesn't excuse the shooting (nothing can), but it does show some hidden rot beneath the surface.

btw - New Zealand seems to be going on a censorship rampage that any brutal dictatorship would take his hat off to in respect.

I've read in several places that anyone caught viewing the video the shooter made--even online--will be jailed by the NZ government for up to 10 years.

There has to be more happening. And just let them try to shut down the Internet. 

It's odd--here in the West--how there's almost a media blackout on this massacre in the fake news mainstream media after all the nonstop coverage.

Arabian oil money buys a lot of goodwill from media owners, apparently.

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's odd--here in the West--how there's almost a media blackout on this massacre in the fake news mainstream media after all the nonstop coverage.

Almost ...

32 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Technically these reports are mentioning the massacre, but they are not targeting how the investigation is unfolding and things like that. They are mostly discussing how Muslims feel victimized (mouthed by the same old suspects) and why they believe gun control should be imposed on everyone.

Both are talking points of the left-leaning fake news media and the mention of the shooting is used as a pretext for propaganda. And, still, there's nowhere near the volume as before. (Compare to coverage a couple of days later of, say, the Las Vegas shooting or, practically, any other mass killing in relatively recent times.)

One thing is for certain, propaganda informs what coverage there is. Objective reporting is almost nil.

So let's call it a gray-out.

Michael

The alleged shooter's "Manifesto" gets a recommendation by White House senior counsel.

Google News has various "national" media pages collated by language and place. For those seeking more details about the massacre, the alleged killer,, his early life/radicalization/travels and his 'manifesto' -- as well as ongoing investigations and other related matters:  New Zealand (English)

The manifesto is available here, via The Observer.

NBCnews special section on the Christchurch Massacre
ABCnews coverage via key word 'New Zealand'
CBSnews key word "Christchurch"
FOXnews key word "Christchurch"
CNN key word "Christchurch"

Who is 'Egg-Boy' and who is Fraser Manning? ⭾⭾⭾

Edited by william.scherk
Added links to the major US networks; added 'Egg-boy" tweet

One or two armed civilians in each mosque . . . ? I won't watch it, but Fox was saying the video is "out there" though officially deleted, and it reminds people of violent video games. Horrible. edit. I remember someone in the news said a little 3 or 4 year old boy ran "towards" the shooter screaming and he blew the kid away. What a monster. 

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm seeing around the Interwebs a reference to two Al Qaeda terrorists having come from one of the mosques in Christchurch that was targeted in this attack.

If true, that doesn't excuse the shooting (nothing can), but it does show some hidden rot beneath the surface.

btw - New Zealand seems to be going on a censorship rampage that any brutal dictatorship would take his hat off to in respect.

I've read in several places that anyone caught viewing the video the shooter made--even online--will be jailed by the NZ government for up to 10 years.

There has to be more happening. And just let them try to shut down the Internet. 

Arabian oil money buys a lot of goodwill from media owners, apparently.

Michael

It must contain false flag giveaways. What pure tyranny. NZ had better sharpen-up their guillotines.