How long do you think it will take to forget the name of the judge overseeing this decision, I'm not even aware of the name now.

Any bets that person retires in say two years, just to be safe, and lives remarkable well on a judge's pension (?) , or am I just too cynical.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tmj said:

How long do you think it will take to forget the name of the judge overseeing this decision, I'm not even aware of the name now.

Any bets that person retires in say two years, just to be safe, and lives remarkable well on a judge's pension (?) , or am I just too cynical.

Or soon gets rolled–up like Avenatti and Geragos.

6 hours ago, tmj said:

Hmmm? I'm guessing, since Smugget forfeited his $100,000 bail which went to Chicago, yet he is, sob, blubber!, still saying he was innocent it wasn't worth any more of Chicago's money to prosecute him. But was it a petty crime, when he tried to pin the crime on MAGA and Trump supporters? He was very naughty! Damn but the left is being constantly shamed with the Mueller probe's ending,  and now this outrageous stratteegerie. The demoncrats should be laughed out of town. 

10 hours ago, Peter said:

16 crimes. But now he is free after not getting his bail back. "Smollet charges dropped" per Fox at 7pm. So, is he exonerated or has another crime been committed to get him off the hook?

Peter,

Now that this case has riled up both sides, if no crime was committed, I bet one will be forthcoming.

At least Smollett managed to unite both parties. James Wood said this is the first time both parties have been this united since 9/11.

And it's true...

:) 

Michael

On 3/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD
The Iraq war faceplant damaged the reputation of the press. Russiagate just destroyed it

As Scott said, it's a long article, but it details just how bad the press has been, item by item, may of which people have forgotten about.

I am pairing the Hannity video below with Taibbi's article because they complement each other perfectly in documenting the fake news media's fake stories and misbehavior over the last two years. 

Taibbi's article was a total surprise, but you have to see Hannity's monologue for some rip-roaring righteous passion. I have never seen him this much on fire. He gives one hell of a Homeric rant.

Try the following if you get some time and haven't read the article or watched the video.

Read Taibbi's article, then immediately after watch Hannity's scorched earth rant. Or do it the other way, watch the Hannity video, then immediately after read Taibbi's media-damning article. You will get the entire overview of just how bad the fake news media has been over two solid years. It's like we have been living in a tinpot dictatorship with a state-run propaganda machine as the main media pumping out nonstop lies to bolster the party line.

So try that experience. Then I dare you to say honestly that your opinion of the fake news media has not changed for the worse, even if you already hate it, but especially if you support it. There's nothing like a long string of solid indisputable facts to prove a point.

These two reports are journalism at its best, one from the left, the other from the right, both saying the same things and both demonstrating their views by many of the same facts. When reason is used in journalism in today's context, like with these two, the outcome is like a long refreshing hot shower after wallowing in a pigsty for months and smelling like shit.

Both Taibbi and Hannity prove that the fake news media deserve to be run out of business unless they clean up their act. And even then...

Michael

Finally I discovered one element re the lack of credibility and awful behavior of the fake news media that cannot be attributed to their hatred of President Trump, or their toadying up to their crony elitist owners who hate Trump.

In other words, the media has to get far more negative and bombastic than events in reality merit to get eyeballs since people are not all that afraid of instant threats from reality anymore.

Life is simply too good. And the better it gets, the worse and more negative the fake news media gets.

I think there's something to this as one component of the fake news media's awfulness. I still think bad faith and power mongering for the fake news media's own crony elitist tribe runs most of it (which includes outright contempt for good honest working producers), but I can easily see the good life as a component. The good life is great to live, but results in shitty headlines if audience is the goal. And how can one get a story to take off if there are no major stakes threatened by big bad villains?

I sure like the irony, that the assholes are choking on their own bile caused by digesting the largess their intended victims produced. I rarely say what Ayn Rand would think, but in this case, I think she would find this irony deliciously in tune with her fiction and ideas.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a very good explanation of what the First Amendment protects.

This is important in evaluating the fake news media.

This explains how the fake news media can get away with making up all kinds of lies about President Trump and be protected under the first amendment. But it also shows how their behavior in slandering the Covington high school kids will result--once the litigation is over--in them getting their asses handed to them with all due pomp and ceremony.

Michael

The folks at Reason.com have a new video up: Six Rules of Fake News:

New word for me from the video; "Defamacast."  I bet that ain't in the Oxford Dictionary yet.

Not a good day for the left or the fake news media.

Bibi Netanyahu won in Israel despite the fake news media (and polls and exit polls yada yada yada) repeatedly telling their audience he was toast.

He wasn't toast. He won. Just like Trump did in 2016.

In fact, there's an article out there saying the left no longer exists as a governing force in Israel, that all that remains is right, hard right and center.

There is no left left in Israel

AG Barr just told congress he thought the FBI under the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign. Total fake news media freakout is happening right now. Why? Because they were complicit, even to the point of staging a two-year hoax as part of the cover-up, and this DOJ investigation is going to stick to them, too.

The Senate is approving Trump's judge appointments at a much faster pace than before, including Daniel Domenico just now for a federal judge position in Colorado. His appointment was stridently opposed by the left.

Stephen Miller is gaining ground--actually almost entrenched--in all things immigration. Charges from the left that he is a White Nationalist are causing major blowback damage and he will likely kick some royal leftie ass in getting the immigration problem solved. As usual, the fake news media and all their grandstanding about illegal immigrants is making them looking like greater dorks than normal while this is going on.

During the House's white nationalism hearing, Candace Owens did not know her place as a young black woman and acted uppity to old white male Democrat Nadler, so much so he screwed up on procedure, reprimanded her for something she did not say, and embarrassed himself before the entire country. Undoubtedly a bunch more blacks left the Democratic Party as a result of the buzz.

There's more stuff out there, but this is good enough for feeling good today.

The left will rebound, though. They always do. But today is a good day.

Michael

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Not a good day for the left or the fake news media.

Earlier today I heard just a snippet of the following from Rush Limbaugh and it gave me the idea for the post above.

Now that the transcript is ready and I can read the full thing, I see that it's a nice complement to my post (and vice-versa :) ).

A Bad Day for the Worldwide Left

Michael

Here's the context for the tweet below.

The press conference by AG Bill Barr on the Mueller Report just happened. He was emphatic and fact-based about there being no collusion with Russians and no obstruction of justice by President Trump.

Geoffrey Miller is an evolutionary psychologist who has written some of the best works for laypeople in the field. He's not much of a Trump fan, but neither is he an anti-Trumper.

That's what makes his comment below so delicious and hilarious.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting article, but I am very skeptical of its breezy certainties and of its conclusions ... the best part is Cowan's judgement that all efforts to date have failed.

"How Science Will Explain & Fix Fake News"

Science will not explain or fix fake news.

President Trump will through exposure, liability laws and the free market.

Behavioral science was used in creating fake news in the first place.

Science is not moral. It's merely process that gets certain results. Both heroes and villains use it.

Michael