$10,000 bill for sale

I remember a bank had a large bill in its shatterproof glass window in Alameda, California around 1958??? with its history and how hard it would be to use it if it were stolen. I remember how beautiful it was.

We lived next to Alameda Air Station and that is where I first heard the slogan, That's the sound of freedom, when the frequent jets overflew our apartment in naval housing.

The front was done beautifully.

The backside though, is quite bland...could have rendered it better.

Check out these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_denominations_of_United_States_currency#High_denomination_United_States_banknotes

"It's as sound as a [silver] dollar."

I went through Vegas for the first time as a 15yo in 1959 and got a few Morgans to take away with me. (No, I didn't gamble.)

--Brant

I remember that common phrase--not common now for decades--I think it came from the 19th C.

Series 1934 Gold certificates ($100, $1,000, $10,000, and $100,000) were issued after the gold standard was repealed and gold was compulsorily confiscated by order of President Franklin Roosevelt on March 9, 1933 (see United States Executive Order 6102). Thus the Series 1934 notes were used only for intra-government (i.e., Federal Reserve Bank) transactions and were not issued to the public" --Wikipedia

100000%20bill.jpg