Barack Benito Milhouse O'bama Will Address The Masses On Sunday December 6th-Not One Ounce Of Timing In The!

Selene

I heard on the news today that Trump is calling for a suspension of all muslim immigration at this time.

I am sure the left and pretty much everyone in between is going ape-shyte over that one. :smile:

F.D.R. the marxist's favorite President immediately made the same decision some seventy-four (74) years ago.

No Japanese, German or Italian immigration.

Now what would make F.D.R. profile those three countiries for?

This should have been done after 9-11-2001.

Just simple common sense temporary actions so that we can at least decide what we want to do.

Remember, the Congressman who supposedly had all his staff read Atlas Shrugged, is funding President Clouseau's illegal amnesty plan.

A...

"Just simple common sense temporary actions so that we can at least decide what we want to do."

Decide what we want to do? What does that even mean? One would hope that Mr. Trump's brilliance would allow him to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Think of the precedent: we're going to suspend the Second Amendment for a few months, after some pea-brained white trash guys kills some African Americans in a church "so that we can at least decide what we want to do."

C'mon Adam. I have to believe you know this is the beginning of the end if we start down this road.

C'mon Adam. I have to believe you know this is the beginning of the end if we start down this road.

Dennis:David:

I am not happy to support this and it is risky.

However, after 9-11-2001, I thought that a clear statement had to be made.

It was not.

Full disclosure, this is personal to myself and my family because we lost too many folks that we knew very well.

This fundamentalist Islamic segment of Islam has been at war with us, possibly since 1802.

We need to eliminate this Caliphate with it's mythical march to fulfill certain prophesies.

It is not merely a coincidence that Racca was chosen by this sect of Islam.

There is a clear and present danger.

Action is required and this is a strong start.

I fully understand the risk, however there is a precedent.

In fact, and I have to confirm this, however, it appears that President O'bama stopped immigration from Iraq for 6-8 months a few years ago.

A...

name challenged

Dennis:David:

I am not happy to support this and it is risky.

However, after 9-11-2001, I thought that a clear statement had to be made.

It was not.

Full disclosure, this is personal to myself and my family because we lost too many folks that we knew very well.

This fundamentalist Islamic segment of Islam has been at war with us, possibly since 1802.

We need to eliminate this Caliphate with it's mythical march to fulfill certain prophesies.

It is not merely a coincidence that Racca was chosen by this sect of Islam.

There is a clear and present danger.

Action is required and this is a strong start.

I fully understand the risk, however there is a precedent.

In fact, and I have to confirm this, however, it appears that President O'bama stopped immigration from Iraq for 6-8 months a few years ago.

A...

name challenged

If this has been going on since 1802, what's the rush to change 213 years of history now? Bonnie and Clyde in a burka? Seriously?

Precisely when did this become a "clear and present danger"?

If this has been going on since 1802, what's the rush to change 213 years of history now? Bonnie and Clyde in a burka? Seriously

Precisely when did this become a "clear and present danger"?

Fair question.

For me, when I flew back to NY City four, or, five days after 911 and we flew up the Hudson to land at La Guardia and I "saw" the destruction of my city.

That was the first time I mentally framed it that way in my mind.

I was furious.

It just got worse as I went to several services, funerals and remembrances over the next few weeks.

Lost two close friends who worked in the NY State Taxation Office.

Lost several other fire fighters, officers and the FDNY Chaplain who was a personal friend of my father.

At that point I felt certain it was a clear and present danger.

Not in the way it was used in these cases though:

Debs v. United States, (1919)

Frohwerk v. United States, (1919)

Abrams v. United States, (1919)

Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919)

Gitlow v. New York, (1925)

Terminiello v. Chicago, 337 U.S. 1(1949) https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/337/1/case.html

These were almost all 1st amendment speech issues that were the outgrowth of the 1917 Federal Espionage Act.

Particularly, as you know, the Schenck case wherein Holmes established that dicta (?) of a "clear and present danger."

According to Justice Holmes, that test is "whether the words...are used in such circumstances as to create a clear and present danger." Holmes said that in Charles Schenck's case the government was justified in arresting him because, "When a nation is at war, many things that might be said in time of peace are such a hindrance to its effort that their utterance will not be endured so long as men fight and that no Court could regard them as protected by any constitutional right."

In the Schenck case, the highest court in the nation ruled that freedom of speech could be limited by the government. But Justice Holmes was careful to say that the government could only do this when there was a "clear and present danger" such as during wartime. While settling one legal issue, however, the Supreme Court created others. For example, what does a "clear and present danger" specifically mean, and when should it justify stopping people from speaking?

Those conditions certainly existed since September 11th, 2001.

I believe they existed in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. The blind Sheikh's Mosque was in Jersey City. It was also in between the two (2) apartment buildings where Muslim Islamic folks were dancing and cheering as the World Trade Center collapsed in 2001.

I think The Donald mentioned some such thing the other week.

A...