Lazy Fair City

Peter

Earlier "Wolf" whimpered (actually, now that I think of it, a much more appropriate pen name for "Wolf" would be "Moth"):

Rubbish. No single individual like yourself can determine the value or meaning of an idea -- which BTW you steadfastly avoid mentioning because you're incapable of an honest discussion. I answered Scherk's questions. You haven't asked any, except to demand that I show my driver's license and c.v., which no one has a justifiable reason to demand.

Here are some of the questions that I've asked, multiple times now, which remain unanswered:

"Also, you didn't answer my question about Grabbe. You said that he seized his software. I asked why. Are you suggesting that he did it arbitrarily, or perhaps even immorally or criminally? Was he not within his contractual rights to do so? Did he give any reason for seizing it, like, for example, that perhaps he had discovered that it was being modified or abused in some way by "Rex" and his "idiot" "whiz kids"? Is it your view that Grabbe, who had a solid, above board history (as far as I can tell), was being a bully/criminal/meanie, and "Rex," who appears to have had a long history of self-induced trouble, was a sweet innocent babe who was a victim of Grabbe and of Feds who had it out for him for no legitimate reason?"

In a recent post, you once again didn't answer the questions, but instead merely repeated the same non-answer, which kind of has the flavor of your not believing Grabbe, or at least not extending him the same courtesy or presumption of innocence that you bend over backwards (not to mention forwards) to extend to deliciously adorable darling "Rex," with his heroically glistening pirate abs and glutes (there doesn't seem to ever be any question of what Houston "claimed" was true or not; rather, he's just instantly believed and his explanations are reported as if they're facts).

Here's your non-answer:

Orlin had left for Dubai and took all the freedom software, claiming that it had been badly coded, had security holes.

Do you have any reason to believe that what he claimed was not true, and that he had other motives? Are you suggesting that he was not within his contractual rights to take the software away from Houston and his toadies?

Please, Moth, start answering these, and all other questions, with "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

J

Tough crowd, Wolf. The dirt miners are looking to strike the mother lode. :laugh:

Apey, do you think that "Wolf's" sweetheart, James Ray "Rex" Houston, was the equivalent of a "dirt miner" or worse, or do you share "Wolf's" appraisal that he was an adorable soul mate with one or two minor blemishes which should be overlooked?

J

Everyone gets what they deserve in life.

Digging for dirt in Wolf's life won't make yours any cleaner.

Greg

But your digging for dirt in mine -- such as your concluding that I'm an evil feminized leftist who has never succeed at anything because I laugh at your failed magical predictions of doom -- somehow makes your life cleaner?

Hahahaha!

J

It doesn't sound like "Shangri La" to me. Instead, like a place I wouldn't have wanted to go near or have anything to do with, even before I learned here on OL about the extent of shadiness in the financial underpinnings.

I wouldn't want to go to Galt's Gulch either - but from a different emotional reaction. A boring place, it always seemed to me, from the first time I read Atlas onward. The sound of LFC, from the little I'd heard of it prior to material posted on OL, was that of a suspicious attempt at the unworkable, likely to attract foolish people ripe for being conned, and conners looking for low-hanging opportunity.

Ellen

Questions along the lines of "What in the hell were these morons thinking?":

In Rand's Galt's Gulch, the members kept the place secret, which makes sense. If you're serious about escaping tyranny/statism/oppression, and not just playing, fantasizing or trying to con people, then hiding your moves from governments is pretty much a "no-brainer." On the other hand, the LFC crew advertised their plans. They shouted them as loudly as they could to the whole world. Um, this didn't make anything click in anyone's brains?

Even if one were dealing with others strictly attempting to create a free cyber city rather than a physical one, announcing to the world what you're doing -- while expecting your proposed "free" cyber city to depend on the communication systems that the governments of the world are heavily involved in -- is not the action of people who are actually opposed to government and seriously or realistically attempting to get away from it.

Moth DeVoon says that he tried to get his feckless "constitution" adopted and his toothless "rule of law" implemented when everything was falling apart. For rational, intelligent people, wouldn't such concerns usually be a first step, and an absolute requirement, rather than a last-ditch effort? Wouldn't carefully analyzing what one was getting oneself into, and establishing clear contracts and their methods of enforcement, be a non-negotiable prerequisite to anyone with 1/32 of a brain, and especially to someone who thinks of himself as having a brilliant legal mind?

Costa Rica or Chile? Seriously? Did these people think that leasing or buying land from any country would make them immune or exempt from its laws, and, more importantly, from its rights abuses? Before buying into lala land, did anyone think at all, or was it pure emotion and fantasy?

J

Jonathan writes:

But your digging for dirt in mine...

No one has to dig to find dirt in your life! :laugh:

Greg

Good comeback, Apey! Way to try to skirt the issue once more of the failure of your magical predictions of doom. Very effective!

J

Everyone gets what they deserve in life.

Digging for dirt in Wolf's life won't make yours any cleaner.

Greg

But your digging for dirt in mine -- such as your concluding that I'm an evil feminized leftist who has never succeed at anything because I laugh at your failed magical predictions of doom -- somehow makes your life cleaner?

Hahahaha!

J

Good, clean fun--no Internet guns.

--Brant

just a spectator climing in to help things along (I have more popcorn to sell to the rubes)

"Hahahaha" sounds phony. "Heh, heh" is better. LOL is best but generally not my style. These seem to be generic Internet things. I never got my brain around Michael's "Lololololol."

It takes more than one to Tango.

--Brant

"Heh" is just a small laugh, where "Hahahaha" is busting a gut. "LOL" is dead, or at least dying.

J

"Hahahaha" sounds phony.

[passage from The Good Walk Alone, television airheads covering a wedding]

I spoke to Fred by phone a few minutes ago and he said something really funny. Quote: “Justice is the defense of the innocent liberty. That includes the right to marry a sex machine.”

Hahahaha. Who was he referring to, Tina? -- Dr. Kellogg, or police Lt. DiMarco?

I have no idea, Tim. They’re both very attractive people, physically. But Harmon Kellogg seems to be one of those guys who can’t hit his backside with both hands, if you know what I mean, and he has no reputation at all as a ladies man. His official bio reads like a comic book -- attended boarding schools I’ve never heard of in Europe and Canada, has a medical degree of sorts from Paraguay, and never held a job in his life, as far as anybody knows. According to Atlantis Memorial, he has visiting privileges but no patients at this time, none that anyone can remember all last year, and they weren’t even certain what specialty he practices -- so, I’d say the only thing we know for sure about Dr. Harmon Kellogg is his golf handicap. Hahahaha. It’s a twenty-six. Hahahaha.

Hahahaha. What about the bride?

Well. Janet DiMarco is a complete mystery -- except that her father is Chief Justice Leo DiMarco, who many people say, however much they respect the man personally, ought to resign. The court just isn’t taking the ‘New Bot Order’ at all seriously, even though practically every business, including City News Corp, is 100 percent automated. When I interviewed to be a reporter last year, I had to audition for the virtual news director -- basically a box with a face. That’s how business is done.

Quite right, Tina. The ‘bot’ says we should keep talking. Hahahaha.

"Hahahaha" sounds phony.

[passage from The Good Walk Alone, television airheads covering a wedding]

I spoke to Fred by phone a few minutes ago and he said something really funny. Quote: “Justice is the defense of the innocent liberty. That includes the right to marry a sex machine.”

Hahahaha. Who was he referring to, Tina? -- Dr. Kellogg, or police Lt. DiMarco?

I have no idea, Tim. They’re both very attractive people, physically. But Harmon Kellogg seems to be one of those guys who can’t hit his backside with both hands, if you know what I mean, and he has no reputation at all as a ladies man. His official bio reads like a comic book -- attended boarding schools I’ve never heard of in Europe and Canada, has a medical degree of sorts from Paraguay, and never held a job in his life, as far as anybody knows. According to Atlantis Memorial, he has visiting privileges but no patients at this time, none that anyone can remember all last year, and they weren’t even certain what specialty he practices -- so, I’d say the only thing we know for sure about Dr. Harmon Kellogg is his golf handicap. Hahahaha. It’s a twenty-six. Hahahaha.

Hahahaha. What about the bride?

Well. Janet DiMarco is a complete mystery -- except that her father is Chief Justice Leo DiMarco, who many people say, however much they respect the man personally, ought to resign. The court just isn’t taking the ‘New Bot Order’ at all seriously, even though practically every business, including City News Corp, is 100 percent automated. When I interviewed to be a reporter last year, I had to audition for the virtual news director -- basically a box with a face. That’s how business is done.

Quite right, Tina. The ‘bot’ says we should keep talking. Hahahaha.

Do you ever laugh, Moth, or are you always the staunch, gravely serious victim of horrific oppression, celebrity swashbuckling advocate of utopian paradise, and austerely sagacious fount of world-renowned legal genius?

J

Mikee, why are you being so insanely mean to me? Why are you crowding me with ill-will and hostility? After all, I'm a celebrity genius who deserves nothing but the ultimate levels of respect and awe. Please review my DeVoonian-style list of accomplishments here, and then revere me.

J

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Jonathan. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Mikee. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Jonathan. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Mikee. View it anyway?

- game over -

three-light-switches.jpg