Lazy Fair City

Peter

If the Bible is the truth why didn't it contain any revealed scientific knowledge complete with numbers? God would know that, right? Or how about something even more basic, like the earth is a planet orbiting the sun in a huge galaxy? I mean, wouldn't that buff up the faith and the faithful? If the all powerful all knowing God was only good as a contemporary then we can wash and repeat and come up with our own contemporary God. Maybe this time He could be a She? No? One thing our new God won't be able to tell us is over 700 pilgrims will be trampled to death in Mecca tomorrow. Not the new one and not the old one. The Muslim God is the Jewish God is the Christian God. The brutal fact of the matter is God is no more and no less what man has put into Him.

--Brant

watched the Pope today just before he addressed Congress: his mouth smiles while his eyes coldly calculate which means the smiles are lies (and politicians do that all the time but not all look evil doing it [Hillary is evil])

Ulysses S. Brant wrote: If the Bible is the truth why didn't it contain any revealed scientific knowledge complete with numbers? God would know that, right? Or how about something even more basic, like the earth is a planet orbiting the sun in a huge galaxy?
end quote

That is a brilliant point, Brant. If it were the revealed word of an omniscient being, there should be some explicit *facts* that would not be known for twenty centuries which we would now discover as true. And we would find out facts that we don’t know in our century which could be investigated. That would be wonderful! Alas, it is not true. Nor have there being any revelations from imposters like Nostradamus, or the supposed psychics around today.

Instead the bible is full of horseshit like what is an abomination, the dictum to not plant two different crops in the same field, (around here it is sometimes corn, then soy beans,) and your wife should not wear garments made of two different kinds of thread like a cotton and polyester blend. It insists that good Christians stone people for cussing, burn people for other transgressions, tells Christians it is OK to possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. Perhaps Christians like Huckabee would find a good use for Mexicans who illegally come across the border. What am I bid for this fine specimen from Mexico City? Exodus 35:2 clearly states that a man who works on The Sabbath should be put to death. From Lev 11:6-8 we know that touching the skin of a dead pig makes Tony Romo unclean and the fact that he was working on The Sabbath, is why the Lord broke his collarbone. And of course, The Old Testament says that we must not suffer a witch which doesn’t really exist, to live. Grab the torches peasants! It is not just barbaric, it is ghoulish. It is primitive thinking written down for all the ages to marvel at how stupid they were. Can you imagine basing a religion on such as that? I can’t, and I marvel that modern humans fall for modern religions which are almost as bad.

The closest thing I can recall that seemed like revelations were the notebooks left by Leonardo De Vinci, which may have inspired books like The De Vinci Code, and a lot of inventions. What if some book was a treasure map to the galaxy, or contained solved mysteries, but we just found out about it? It would transform society if it were not a hoax like the Shroud of Turin. It would be wonderful if we received a broadcast from Space letting us in on a secret: they exist and they can travel faster than the speed of light.
Peter

Brant writes:

If the Bible is the truth why didn't it contain any revealed scientific knowledge complete with numbers?

The Bible is not a science textbook... however it is chock full of moral wisdom concerning the nature of man.

And just noting that Wolf has not yet addressed my question about whether or not he believes the ten commandments are a pack of lies.

Greg

And just noting that Wolf has not yet addressed my question about whether or not he believes the ten commandments are a pack of lies.

Greg

Now this is what I've been looking forward to! OL's two most toxic, pretentious and stupid posters having an argument.

J

Jonathan wrote: Now this is what I've been looking forward to! OL's two most toxic, pretentious and stupid posters having an argument.
end quote

Chuckle. Let's see if I pass the pretentious idiot test. The 10 commandments are: You shall have no other Gods before me. You shall not make for yourselves an idol. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Honor your father and your mother. You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not give false testimony. You shall not covet.

The first four? I don’t make idols and I don’t deliberately speak vainly, but Sunday is not a holy day, it is a football and cut the grass day. Within the last twenty years Delaware finally allowed liquor sales on Sunday, and joined the new century. It would be good to honor your parents. And it is foolish to covet or desire what you have not earned. Now numbers six through nine are definitely keepers: You should not murder. You should not commit adultery. You should not steal. You should not give false testimony. Those are rational and the reason I would not do them is NOT that I fear the law or the wrath of Zeus. It would be rationally and morally wrong. It would not be honorable.
Peter

Notes:
Roy Speckhardt of the American Humanist Association wrote: Remember, four items focus on the importance of one religion's God, three more deal with coveting (but not actually taking) other people's stuff, and another is about being inactive on Sundays. This isn't and shouldn't be the foundation for any legal system.
end quote

George H. Smith once wrote about James Madison on OL: His argument is not about imposing Christianity on anyone. It is for allowing government officials to include their expressions of faith in discharging their duties. He is standing up to the removal of monuments from government buildings that, say, include the Ten Commandments, against prohibiting prayer for opening a meeting and things like that.

In his so-called "Detached Memoranda," James Madison -- who wrote the original draft of the First Amendment and shepherded the Bill of Rights through Congress -- argued that "the appointment of Chaplains to the two Houses of Congress" violates the Establishment Clause of First Amendment. This practice was "a palpable violation of equal rights, as well as of Constitutional principles." Madison also opposed "Chaplainships for the army and navy" and "Religious proclamations by the Executive recommending thanksgivings & fasts." The latter, though "recommendations only, imply a religious agency, making no part of the trust delegated to political rulers."

Right-wingers like Barton frequently complain that their opponents wish to ban religion from "the public square," without explaining what this term is supposed to mean. Madison, in contrast, clearly distinguished the private activities of politicians from actions taken in their capacity as government officials:

In their individual capacities, as distinct from their official station, they might unite in recommendations of any sort whatever, in the same manner as any other individuals might do...,

Madison goes on to criticize a "day of thanksgiving" proclaimed by Washington, as well as one by John Adams ("which called for Xn worship").
Ghs”

That is a direct quote from John Adams and Xn was used frequently during that era.

In 1785, Jefferson wrote a letter to Peter Carr (one of his favorite nephews). This letter recommended various books that Carr should read in the course of his education. The Bible nowhere appears on his list of recommendations, nor is any Christian moral philosopher mentioned. Jefferson wrote: "In morality, read Epictetus, Xenphontis [i.e., Xenophon's] Memorabilia [an account of Socrates], Plato's Socratic dialogues, Cicero's philosophies, Antoninus, and Seneca." These are pagan authors, one and all.

In various letters, Jefferson described himself as an "Epicurean" and a "materialist."
Ghs

My statement meant it illustrated God's imperfection and certainly didn't illustrate God's love for humanity. Of course the Bible is full of lies, but the stories told don't tell us of a perfect God, only an all powerful one. Why is the Bible lies? There is no such thing as a Supreme Being nor any rational reason to think or believe otherwise, the incredible complexity of DNA notwithstanding.

The Christian bible does indeed tell of a perfect God. See Matthew 5:48.

Brant writes:

If the Bible is the truth why didn't it contain any revealed scientific knowledge complete with numbers?

The Bible is not a science textbook... however it is chock full of moral wisdom concerning the nature of man.

Maybe Wolf thinks you are an idiot, and not worth the time? Or maybe he is waiting for a few questions put to you to clear the queue. Remember this one?

Greg, do you have any opinions about the two young women who share a body? I think those opinions would be much more interesting to your readers than excursions into personalities, especially given your beliefs in a transcendent spirit of infinite grace and mercy.

Brant's point is essential and quite cogent, I believe. An omnipotent, all-seeing, all-knowing Source of all things could have put it to the prophets that this Earth is but a dust-mote in the universe, that there are billions upon billions of solar systems, and that all things material and energetic come from the nature of fundamental particles. He might also have mentioned electromagnetism and the four states of matter.

Mind you, that would be the big boss telling his children that things are exceedingly complex, and that would by your bizarre reasoning mean he would be The Biggest Liar Ever. Best keep things simple. Consider Job 37:16, and its comments on the clouds in the sky. Do you know how your lord keeps the clouds in the sky, Greg? I am guessing that the answer is too complex a lie for you to entertain in mind. Those dang leftist secular feminized bureaucratic narco-culture perverted lying meteorologists and atmospheric physicists. As Matthew 16:3 puts it:

And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Shmitah! Whoopee! Twenty pages of Galt's Gulch end-times audio-visual products on sale at Jonathan Cahn's website!

Don't sleep in the subway darling lol

No subways where Greg's Gulch is which by the way something I admire about him.

A...

So the Bible "tells of a perfect God." BFD. Lot's wife gets turned into a pillar of salt. Kill everybody. Etc. Sounds like perfectly bad. It's all allegorical justification of agricultural tribal leadership and the supremacy of paterfamilias. It's also a way of dealing with ignorance from the challenging and frightening and too much unknowable world humans lived in. Throw in slightly more advanced societies and call the cherry on top "King" or "Pope."

--Brant

So the Bible "tells of a perfect God." BFD.

Well, yeah -- I was just correcting your note on that small point above, "the [bible] stories told don't tell us of a perfect God, only an all powerful one."

Hauling my comment back to topic, an astounding Laissez-Faire City origin story. If you have the time or inclination, Brant, have a gander; it mentions Peikoff and Rand and is chockful of lies and fantasy ... the embezzler/trustee recounts his fictional struggles with ARI (the LFC nitwits sold a printing of Atlas Shrugged in alternative cover, without the fuss of royalties!) ... this excerpt comes from the last paragraphs. Preceding it is a farrago of nonsense and lies.

Trustee@LFCity.com
5 May, 1997
The system is called the Laissez Faire City International Intranet Network. It is the LFC domicile in cyberspace. The Founders are free LFC Netizens - not obligated, indentured citizens. By the very realities of cyberspace, its technology of liberation and objective Natural Laws , you, as a Founder, are now a sovereign and free Netizen of LFC Cyberspace. I am now ready to provide you with the means to seize the reign of your personal sovereignty as well as join us in building the city. As a Founder your access instructions are enclosed. I suggest you start exploring the Network at the Current Events page.
You can still, apparently, buy the rip-off Atlas Shrugged/"Founder's Handbook" from Amazon ... a 'collectible' starting at $200.00 US. It was originally offered as the LFC's Business Plan.
41J9bOHGbwL.jpg
Those who pledged $100 to the Trust were sent a 'Founders' pack', which included a copy of the SIGNET paperback edition of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, with the original cover replaced - saying instead 'Laissez Faire City Founder's Handbook'.
Despite the original copyright notice being reproduced, Leonard Peikoff and associates at the Ayn Rand Institute were not amused, and after an exchange of letters over a period of months the LFCIT agreed to pulp all remaining copies of the book they had retitled. (So, if you still have a copy, hang on to it.)
It is a gas reading the Trustee/Embezzler recount the LFC version of those events.
Edited by william.scherk

A question is not an argument as much as you'd like it to be to feed your ugliness, Jonathan.

Whatever William answers is his own view and he gets what he deserves in his own life for holding it... just like you're getting what you deserve in your own life for yours... and I'm getting what I deserve in my life for mine.

So you see, the playing field is perfectly level. How you choose to play is up to you. This is the beauty of moral law.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

it is simple fact that big daddy was a con man all his life, that he looted ATM, that he spent trust money wildly and had no intention of going straight after the LFC debacle. That he died in prison after pleading guilty to fraud is an indication that your testimony is fanciful and unconvincing, Wolf. It is no slander that convicted 'Midas' and bound him to prison. It was his own guilty plea.

Willilam,

Let's simplify things by calling him Rex.

Let's call him by his legal name, James Ray Houston.

He operated a lottery.

He did not operate a lottery. He operated, with his fellow criminals, a fraud. He lied and misrepresented the actual operation of a lottery scam.

The Feds deemed it wire fraud and arrested his son.

Rex took the fall. It had nothing to do with Laissez Faire City, other than the fact that Rex paid in over $3 million in cash, some of it proceeds from the lottery -- roughly a third of all paid-in LFC working capital.

"Rex took the fall." Meaning, James Ray Houston pled guilty to fraud. His son -- the former City Clerk of Laissez-Faire City was also convicted, as were three others.

If you want to pretend that fraud is just something we can call by another name, have at it.

Quote from: Affidavit for Extradition Warrant — USA vs. Vleisides

A joint investigation involving the IRS-CID and the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS), revealed that from at least 1990 through July 2006, SONNY VLEISIDES, James Ray Houston, Dennis Emmett, William Cloud, Henry Walther, Scott Henry Walther, and others committed a massive international lottery scam using the following company names: Shamrock Agency, German Swiss Group, World Expert Fund, Mutual Medical Insurance Co, Old Amsterdam Trust Co, Euro American Fax Co, European Union Commission, EU American Payment Co, Global Search Network, North American Foreign Payments Services, Wor'dwide Verification Service, and others.

VLEISIDES ran the scheme along with Houston and Emmett. VLEISIDES, Houston and Emmett, who were all located in Costa Rica, worked with mailing houses which, at the direction of VLEISIDES, Houston, and Emmett, sent out tens of thousands of mailings to victims in the United States, many of whom were elderly.

The mailings contained false statements, half truths, and omissions, and induced the victims to participate in various international lotteries, falsely stating that if the victims participated, they were guaranteed to win or had a very good chance to win. The mailings directed the victims to send their money to Ireland, at d the Netherlands, among other locations, where William Cloud had set up addresses with commercial mail receiving agencies and individuals to forward the money, eventually, back to the United States.

After receipt at the commercial mail receiving agencies, the victims' money was sent to Henry Walther, who, along with his son Scott Henry Walther, deposited the money into various bank accounts and then distributed it as directed by VLEISIDES, Houston, and Emmett.

Some of the money was spent on furthering the criminal activity. Some of the money was paid out to victims in small-dollar checks that the co-schemers misrepresented to be lottery winnings. The rest of the money was paid out to the co-schemers and others for their own use. VLEISIDES and the other defendants did not buy any lottery tickets, and the vast majority of the victims lost the money they sent. The total loss from the scheme is in excess of $19 million.

Yeah, so he ran a lottery, did he? Sure.

He stole nothing from LFC's founders or deep pocket backers. ATM operated like a bank, accepting deposits and making loans. There was a run on ATM, fueled by panic, after Orlin seized all the privacy software that Rex spent millions of his own money to develop and launch.

ATM was never a properly functioning legal entity as described. It was fake bank useful for getting 'deposits.' The funds in it were mixed in with the Laissez-Faire City slush funds. Houston may have spent money from the lottery scam on your compensation, who knows. All the funds were mashed together without accounting.

I am assuming you read the audit and notes on the audit, so you know what I state here is true. Let's stay in the realm of facts, not fancy. Emphasis added.

15. ATM Deposits

The ATM was a private project initiated and funded by JRH, and was never part of the LFCIT. (See the last paragraph of note 1.1.7.)

In April 2001, the ATM launched its online electronic OTC market, and started taking deposits. These deposits were not, however, ever held in trust for the depositors in segregated bank accounts. Instead, all the various flows of funds related to JRH’s various projects and activities went through the same bank accounts, and were not separately accounted for.

Furthermore, the same person (the Trustee) that had custody and control of these funds, was also the person responsible for recording the flows of funds.

In addition to this commingling of funds and activities, the principle of demand deposits was not adhered to. Thus ATM deposits were not held in trust for depositors, but were instead used for day-to-day LFCIT expenses, as well as for non-LFCIT expenses and even personal expenses. This happened increasingly as the cash flow from JRH’s business dwindled towards the latter part of 2001 and in 2002. Depositors requesting withdrawals had to wait longer and longer for their withdrawal requests to be honored. By April 2002, the situation could not be sustained, and the truth about the ATM’s insolvency and mode of operation came to light.

He was a brilliant man, operating outside of the law, accused but acquitted previously. There are worse things than breaking the law, you know, like collaborating with the Clintons and Alan Greenspan.

'Operating outside the law' is the signal phrase. I called him a con man, for that is what he was. There are worse things than defrauding people? I guess it depends if you have a sense of justice or not, or if you take the libertarian/Randian revulsion against force and fraud seriously or not.

Remember what you wrote earlier? I add emphasis.

"LFC was founded in 1995. Four years later, I tried to save it from rule by edict, by advocating the rule of law. It's difficult to relate how much was at stake Roughly $10 million paid-in capital, an encrypted currency, a bank, a stock exchange, a thousand shareholders and stakeholders on six continents, high value property in the diplomatic quarter of San Jose and a mountain fortress in Nosara. It didn't have to fail with top brass at each other's throats. But they rejected the rule of law. There was no mechanism to adjudicate controversies. At the end I was appointed general counsel and proxy for the king -- too late to repair the damage done by seven years of arbitrary rule and a fatal grab for all the marbles.

Rule of Law?

Without Rex and a handful of key investors, there would have been no Laissez Faire City, no prospect of a new nation, either in a territorial enclave as originally hoped, or as a cyberspace "virtual" city populated by anonymous freemen. It could be argued that Rex was a drunkard, a tyrant and spendthrift.

Have another gander at the audit documents. I can't believe you would countenance fraud, so I guess you just look away. You got your money, you got your 'luxury' residence paid for. You go to 'counsel' the king.

Yet he worked every day for seven years and did everything humanely possible to attract top talent. He had a weak spot for anyone who had been wronged and he read every word I wrote, not that those aspects were directly connected. I quarreled with him repeatedly.

His lottery scam ran for a number of years before it came before the law. It financed LFC in part.

The worst thing is that he knew what he was doing. Your smudging out of the people he lied to and misrepresented means you are still in his pocket, even after death. I don't see why you just cannot admit he was a scoundrel and that you too were taken in.

Edited by william.scherk

Your smudging out of the people he lied to and misrepresented means you are still in his pocket, even after death. I don't see why you just cannot admit he was a scoundrel and that you too were taken in.

Taken in by what? Orlin published my work. I argued for the rule of law in Laissez Faire City. Don't conflate what Rex or his confederates may have done elsewhere or simultaneously to fund LFC. "Scoundrel" is too mild a term. Rex Rogers was a pirate. I wrote an article on the subject.

As far as public harm, I'd say Ken Lay, Bernie Ebbers, Aubrey McClendon, and Bernie Madoff (who collectively destroyed hundreds of billions of shareholder value) make Rex look like a hero, risking everything to launch a free nation beyond the reach of government leeches that kowtowed to Enron, WorldCom, Chesapeake and Nasdaq.

Law enforcement seeking warrants is not a court rendered conviction verdict.

Good one-liner.

Who cares about LFC? If you don't--WTF?

Not-so-good one-liner.

But seriously, Brant. If you are uninterested, if you don't care, nothing wrong with that. I find the entire LFCIT schmozzle interesting enough to research and cogitate. And share my findings and opinions.

I argued for the rule of law in Laissez Faire City. Don't conflate what Rex or his confederates may have done elsewhere or simultaneously to fund LFC. "Scoundrel" is too mild a term. Rex Rogers was a pirate. I wrote an article on the subject.

As far as public harm, I'd say Ken Lay, Bernie Ebbers, Aubrey McClendon, and Bernie Madoff (who collectively destroyed hundreds of billions of shareholder value) make Rex look like a hero, risking everything to launch a free nation beyond the reach of government leeches that kowtowed to Enron, WorldCom, Chesapeake and Nasdaq.

I see that you are reduced to Whataboutery. Fair enough. You had no idea what a crook James Ray Houston was. Then.

Now, er, well, Enron! James Ray Houston was a hero. Yah. Pirates, Yay!

I argued for the rule of law in Laissez Faire City. Don't conflate what Rex or his confederates may have done elsewhere or simultaneously to fund LFC. "Scoundrel" is too mild a term. Rex Rogers was a pirate. I wrote an article on the subject. As far as public harm, I'd say Ken Lay, Bernie Ebbers, Aubrey McClendon, and Bernie Madoff (who collectively destroyed hundreds of billions of shareholder value) make Rex look like a hero, risking everything to launch a free nation beyond the reach of government leeches that kowtowed to Enron, WorldCom, Chesapeake and Nasdaq.

I see that you are reduced to Whataboutery. Fair enough. You had no idea what a crook James Ray Houston was. Then.Now, er, well, Enron! James Ray Houston was a hero. Yah. Pirates, Yay!

Yeah, it's a sort of a surrogacy version of tu quoque mixed up with various other fallacies. "I object, your honor! My client is accused of killing his wife, and yet this morning we hear news of a man accused of having killed five members of his family in this same county! Why, my client is practically a cuddly, fluffy bunny rabbit in comparison! Justice demands that this court focus all of its efforts on convicting the killer of five rather than my client. The killer of five is a psychopath, and therefore my client is not! Plus, why is the prosecutor displaying such ill-will, hostility and 'crowding' of my client, and refusing to consider all of the good things that I think he's done? In 'killing' his wife, he was actually heroically risking everything to launch a free life beynd the reach of spousal scolding and other tyrannies"

Brilliant fucking legal mind, there, "Wolf." Real heavy-duty "philosophy of law" in action. Heh.

J

Satire? That's all you've got? And you had to make it murder, because the facts are so dull. The man was accused of mail fraud, never proved in a court of law. His attorney in LA copped a plea, turned state's evidence. Rex took the fall and saved his son. Two inches in a Las Vegas paper, scratching an old grudge.

What Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling did to Enron employees and Arthur Andersen will never be forgotten.

I argued for the rule of law in Laissez Faire City. Don't conflate what Rex or his confederates may have done elsewhere or simultaneously to fund LFC. "Scoundrel" is too mild a term. Rex Rogers was a pirate. I wrote an article on the subject. As far as public harm, I'd say Ken Lay, Bernie Ebbers, Aubrey McClendon, and Bernie Madoff (who collectively destroyed hundreds of billions of shareholder value) make Rex look like a hero, risking everything to launch a free nation beyond the reach of government leeches that kowtowed to Enron, WorldCom, Chesapeake and Nasdaq.

I see that you are reduced to Whataboutery. Fair enough. You had no idea what a crook James Ray Houston was. Then.Now, er, well, Enron! James Ray Houston was a hero. Yah. Pirates, Yay!

Yeah, it's a sort of a surrogacy version of tu quoque mixed up with various other fallacies. "I object, your honor! My client is accused of killing his wife, and yet this morning we hear news of a man accused of having killed five members of his family in this same county! Why, my client is practically a cuddly, fluffy bunny rabbit in comparison! Justice demands that this court focus all of its efforts on convicting the killer of five rather than my client. The killer of five is a psychopath, and therefore my client is not! Plus, why is the prosecutor displaying such ill-will, hostility and 'crowding' of my client, and refusing to consider all of the good things that I think he's done? In 'killing' his wife, he was actually heroically risking everything to launch a free life beynd the reach of spousal scolding and other tyrannies"

Brilliant fucking legal mind, there, "Wolf." Real heavy-duty "philosophy of law" in action. Heh.

J

To be fair to Wolf, he only promised to tell the whole truth about fraught internal LFC issues in the final issue of LFC Times. And to bend over even farther in fairness, I don't think he is interested in or attracted to the kind of forensic investigation necessary. I certainly don't want to take off six months from normal work and play to do it justice. I have offered only bits and dribs of the complicated churn of events. I was hoping new-ish material might come out, but that hope and three-fifty will get me a giant Slurpee.

Your point about tu quoque is a cracker.

Edited by william.scherk

Wolf writes:

I argued for the rule of law in Laissez Faire City.

I can admire that, Wolf... even though I'm pretty sure you had discovered by your own experience that it's futile to try to make the rule of law stick as long as you're a cog in someone else's machine. It can only work when you're the machine, because then you have the power to set the moral tone.

Your tale is truly thick with lessons... and therein lies it's value.

Greg

Satire? That's all you've got?

Did you miss the point of the satire? Do you need it explained to you?

And you had to make it murder, because the facts are so dull.

No, dimwit, I made it murder to illustrate the absurdity of your amateurish, fallacious legal reasoning. I could have also made it shoplifting. The point is not the drama or dullness of the crime, but the dullness of your mind in employing such severely stupid maneuvers. "Hey, look over there! Look at how large their crimes are, and how small Rex's are in comparison."

The man was accused of mail fraud, never proved in a court of law. His attorney in LA copped a plea, turned state's evidence. Rex took the fall and saved his son. Two inches in a Las Vegas paper, scratching an old grudge.

What Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling did to Enron employees and Arthur Andersen will never be forgotten.

But the Enron people were convicted by the same system which convicted your boyfriend Rex, a system which you hate and claim is filled with psychopaths, abuse and corruption. In fact, your view is that its very nature and existence is evil. So it's very likely, no, that the Enron people were actually heroes, just like darling Rex, and were victims of evil statists scratching an old grudge? You're just falling for statist propaganda and lies about sweet, innocent, harmless Enron snuggle bunnies. The Enron people were victims of unjust power, and would have gotten off if they had had a genius philosopher of law and constitution writer in their corner shouting, "Hey, look over there! Look at how large those other people's crimes are!"

J