Planned Parenthood and Ick - Selling Baby Parts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's right for people to see the consequences of their own actions, Brant.

That's objective reality.

Look it in the face... literally.

Taxpayers are FUNDING Planned Parenthood's fetus parts harvesting program.

Greg

On the subject of coercion and abortion, there is always recourse to a mandated ultrasound -- in which a woman seeking a legal abortion (not a 'partial live birth' or third-trimester abortion) is encouraged to have a ten-inch wand shoved in her lady bits so that she can see the fetus on a monitor -- or have the doctor wielding the ward to describe what he sees. Luckily for women, laws on the books so far offer two options -- the rape-y wand or a wand applied to the outside of her belly.

Scott Walker thinks ultra-sounds are 'cool,' but was wise enough to give 'choice' to those seeking abortion in his state.

Ayn Rand was unequivocal, but hey (from The Voice of Reason):

An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn).

Abortion is a moral right—which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?

Edited by william.scherk

Greg

This is OL.

Ayn Rand defended a woman's right to an abortion, but she was only unequivocal about the first trimester (and obviously no taxpayer funding). You didn't have to shove that sort of thing into our faces. Use a link next time--with a warning. Puleez.

--Brant

Greg

That statement may now be quite inaccurate. My understanding, as of this afternoon, is that the funding is not direct.

It arrives by "grants" through one of the agencies.

Little bastards are very clever.

A...

Greg

This is OL.

Ayn Rand defended a woman's right to an abortion

She should have fucking SEEN the objective reality of one, Brant.

That's the only thing that just might wake up males to become responsible men.

Greg

Brant...

No one who actually honored objective reality could deny the reality of the consequences of their own actions if they actually saw them.

So because of the responses I removed the picture.with the realization that what is the objective reality of the consequences of people's actions is regarded as blasphemy to you (plural) because it had profaned one of the Holy Sacraments of your secular religion.

I've often said that the political spectrum is actually a circle where extreme right and radical left meet on the dark side in complete accord on the Holy Trinity of of their political religion of Secularism...

Dope

Perversion

Abortion

Greg

So because of the responses I removed the picture.with the realization that what is the objective reality of the consequences of people's actions is regarded as blasphemy to you (plural) because it had profaned one of the Holy Sacraments of your secular religion.

Yikes. Look what Ayn Rand started ...

I got into a similar reaction to blood and gore in a thread about a 'faked' Boston bombing -- minus the hysterical fulmination about secular religion and sacrament. The pictures of bloodied survivors horrified people, upset them, and they wanted a warning. So I used the BBCode convention of spoiler tags:

Just slip this code around the next bloody sacramental image that you want us to view:

[spoiler]Splatter[/spoiler]

(is it just me and a faulty memory, or did Greg go on at length about the Egyptian first-born males whose brains were dashed out on command of the sky fairy?. I mean, didn't he say they got what they deserved -- sins of the father and all that Xtian love whoopee?. Didn't Greg approve of the slaughter being necesitated by sin, as a just and deserved death?

And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

)

Edited by william.scherk

Yikes. Look what Ayn Rand started ...

I got into a similar reaction to blood and gore in a thread about a 'faked' Boston bombing -- minus the hysterical fulmination about secular religion and sacrament. The pictures of bloodied survivors horrified people, upset them, and they wanted a warning. So I used the BBCode convention of spoiler tags:

Just slip this code around the next bloody sacramental image that you want us to view:

[spoiler]Splatter[/spoiler]
(is it just me and a faulty memory, or did Greg go on at length about the Egyptian first-born males whose brains were dashed out on command of the sky fairy?. I mean, didn't he say they got what they deserved -- sins of the father and all that Xtian love whoopee?. Didn't Greg approve of the slaughter being necesitated by sin, as a just and deserved death?

And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

)

And then Metallica made a great song about it!!

http://youtu.be/F9HGKJEsbxo

That's the tactic of the left and collectivists, argument by emotional reaction. Are you trying to persuade someone to get a rifle and shoot a doctor?

I was thinking of a small bridge in the Northwest and bicyclists...

Brant...

No one who actually honored objective reality could deny the reality of the consequences of their own actions if they actually saw them.

I've often said that the political spectrum is actually a circle where extreme right and radical left meet on the dark side in complete accord on the Holy Trinity of of their political religion of Secularism...

Dope

Perversion

Abortion

Greg

I've seen hundreds of dead, bullet-riddled bodies. I've seen a surgeon cut open a belly trying ineffectively to save a life, and, frankly, worse. When someone like me objects to what I objected to you need more grace than to come back with a mere restatement of one of your boilerplate ideas. Anyway, thanks for putting the photo behind the curtain. I only saw part of it because of the warning in the following post.

I'm not aware of anyone here liking abortion. There are people who deserve to have their faces ground into that photo, but who here? Do you really know what you've done? You went for the gut argument. This means that from now on whenever you make any argument against abortion you'll get immediately tuned out. Your words will go right into the toilet and flushed. I don't take kindly to thinking eschewsion, hence the slapback.

My extremely liberal mother was against abortion, btw. Her attitude was if you do the crime (sex) you have to be willing to do the time (pregnancy). She had guilt. She got pregnant in college and tried to abort it although in a way that didn't damage the fetus. Instead she gave birth to beautiful baby girl, her most beloved child, my late sister. When I say "beautiful" I do not mean baby-beautiful, I mean head-turning beautiful like Hollywood beautiful or Miss America beautiful. Brains too.

A woman's right to an abortion and just what that is concerns what should and shouldn't be codified respecting natural rights' philosophy which has no truck with the right to life pro-life movement which concerns the God-given. Natural rights' philosophy is a human creation respecting human nature and social interactions. Aside from that one "right," the right to lifers cannot understand or rationally explicate on natural rights' philosophy. I've never even heard them try--not once. Maybe the closest was Doris Gordon of "Libertarians for Life" 20 years ago. I guess she died for she disappeared.

Now abortion and morality can be considered apart from what any law should be, just as in any other question of law-making. Law contra morality is immoral. Proper law without morality is impossible. The deeper into a pregnancy the stronger possibility of legal intervention and the more purchase for an argument. There's not much purchase against the day-after pill, to say the least.

Right-to-lifers generally come off the Catholic theological base. They don't even want you using any form of birth control, including condoms. About the only way you could buy a rubber 50 years ago was in a seedy public bathroom from a coin-operated machine. Even in 1979 the drug store hid them behind the counter and certainly wouldn't sell them to a handsome high-school Johnny who wanted to fuck his high-school Mary. So, instead of Mary, Dad took him to a reputable whorehouse or Johnny had some gay sex even though he wasn't gay. The biggest hoot of all was the pederastic priest preaching masturbation was a sin before or right after making it with one of the altar boys in the changing room. Making it? I mean fucking him. (One of many countless stories finally seeing daylight after centuries of no tell.) No pictures available, of course, being against the law. Aren't these words enough? (Another hoot was Mary not learning how to give good head, so after they were married Johnny kept using prostitutes who had the gift. Like one young married guy once said: "I can get all the pussy I want, but I can't get that.")

Yeah, the absolutely necessary sin of abortion. Right to life. Righteousness on a stick--take it outside. It stinks.

--Brant

Thanks Brant.

Passionate folks get to a point where we are at in this country. That passion leads to excesses in argument that erupt with the use of any and all evidence.

Approximately, 50,000,000 deaths have occurred since the decision in Roe v. Wade which, in my opinion, was bad law and fundamentally part of the foundation that built a debased culture.

My perception about the core members of OL is that 70% or more support "a woman's right to control her own body."

By extension, that supports "abortion on demand."

As I have explained, I have been on both sides of the issue.

Advancing technology and my intimate knowledge about the survivability of premature children confirms my personal belief that abortion has serious moral issues that deal directly with the right to life that is guaranteed to each individual.

A...

Roe v. Wade was a lie. A right to privacy is not a right to an abortion. There is no right to privacy for it's not specific. I mean, I have the right to rob, rape or kill in the "privacy" of my home?

The best way I know to deal with abortion is moral suasion and education and the alternative of adoption. That's first; the law second. Sometimes a late term abortion is a medical necessity to save a Mother's life. Sometimes one con-joined twin has to be sacrificed or both die. Would a picture of the bloody result be an argument against the procedure?

--Brant

That's the tactic of the left and collectivists, argument by emotional reaction. Are you trying to persuade someone to get a rifle and shoot a doctor?

I was thinking of a small bridge in the Northwest and bicyclists...

I'm sorry Adam. I don't get the reference. I looked, really. Don't know the right search terms evidently.

Roe v. Wade was a lie. A right to privacy is not a right to an abortion. There is no right to privacy for it's not specific. I mean, I have the right to rob, rape or kill in the "privacy" of my home?

The best way I know to deal with abortion is moral suasion and education and the alternative of adoption. That's first; the law second. Sometimes a late term abortion is a medical necessity to save a Mother's life. Sometimes one con-joined twin has to be sacrificed or both die. Would a picture of the bloody result be an argument against the procedure?

--Brant

I like that you keep thinking and don't turn away. Good points.

A woman's right to an abortion...

...is a sacrosanct pillar of faith in your secular religion.

That explains your religious reaction.

Cuts a little too close to the objective reality you claim to love don't it? :wink:

In your view it is not morally wrong.

In my view it is morally wrong.

...and I don't even advocate any controls over it! :laugh:

I only advocate that people recognize the objective reality that it's wrong... so they can freely choose on their own not to get rid of the consequences of their own actions.

Can you see that's what this is all about, Brant?

Doing something wrong...

...and then destroying the evidence of what you did...

...instead of learning to live with the consequences of your own actions like a responsible adult.

This is what makes fetusnuffing such a hot button issue...

...secular religion.

Greg

Now you're getting hysterical. It's as if you had only read a third of what I said.

--Brant

but you do cherry-pick--incessantly--even sometimes turning the cherries into oranges, or apples or blueberries, whatever your desired fruit

--Brant

No because it would not be necessary because it is a rational decision with a medical justification.

A...

In the same report, Planned Parenthood said that in the year that ended on Sept. 30, 2012 it did 327,166 abortions.

That's about 900 per day.

In the same report, Planned Parenthood said that in the year that ended on Sept. 30, 2012 it did 327,166 abortions.

7% of abortions are done for health related reasons... the other 93% are abortions of convenience.

Greg

7% of abortions are done for health related reasons... the other 93% are abortions of convenience.

Greg

source on that one Greg - mine is directly from Planned Parenthood's publications.