Jane Fonda

Whatever you think of Jane Fonda--I think very little of her--the Vietnam War was not lost because of her but because of President Johnson. If you're going to have a war, have a war; get it over with.

--Brant

she didn't cause the deaths of millions

So what they did to us, and what we did to them, were not violations of the Geneva Convention?

REB

You miss my point. I am saying do not confuse moral judgement with legal judgement. Morality is opinion. The law is a contingent social fact, be it just or unjust. If Jane were drowning I probably not toss to her a rope or a life ring. But that is my judgement on the matter and I do not confuse it with legality. I do not like what Jane did any more than you guys. But my likes and dislikes should not be confused with principles or facts.

Whatever you think of Jane Fonda--I think very little of her--the Vietnam War was not lost because of her but because of President Johnson. If you're going to have a war, have a war; get it over with.

--Brant

she didn't cause the deaths of millions

Brant,

I too don't think much about her...but I do have an opinion of her based on what I've heard and have seen of her over the years.

You are correct that she didn't cause the death of millions. How many, I don't know but I suspect the propaganda effect from her visit inspired some,

if not many, in the NVA and the South to go kill those invading Americans. Additionally, the propaganda may have been used to recruit others to join the fight.

As for Johnson I, have nothing nice to say about him. My life was turned upside down with his draft.

If you're going to have a war, yes, go balls out with all the tools in the box.

-J

The proper, disinterested history of the Vietnam War has yet to be written.

--Brant

takes time: the central, pivotal year was 1968--the same for Objectivism, btw

Part of the story is that Darth Macnamarra led LBJ to the Dark Side which was not difficult because LBJ was halfway there all on his own.

We have a peculiar disease in the U.S. government. Secretaries of Defense who think they are smarter than everyone else often mislead Presidents. For example Darth Rumsfeld. Darth Rumsfeld and Darth Cheney lead Dubya to the Dark Side which was not all that difficult since Dubya wasn't all that wise.

The proper, disinterested history of the Vietnam War has yet to be written.

--Brant

takes time: the central, pivotal year was 1968--the same for Objectivism, btw

And America....

Assassinations of King, Kennedy and Malcolm.

RFK by a Palestinian.

An actual revolution in the streets.

And much more...

A...