Donald Trump

President Trump has been in England for two whole days.

Imagine all that snootery and emotional restraint among the echelon of the British upper class: royalty and top leaders.

I can just see him itching at night, wondering when this hell is going to end.

And the pressure builds. And the pressure builds. And the pressure builds. 

Suddenly, thar she blows!

and

"What a Creep..."

"psycho..."

Whew!

There he is!

I was wondering if our President was under the weather or what...

:)

Michael

Brag, brag. I am sorry to hear that about Bette. I really liked her. What was she, Radford class of 64 and me 65? Can I get a refund for the thousands of dollars I later spent to sit next to her? Jeez what a terrific human being President Trump is for saying, "What a creep." Not Bette . . . Schumer. 

4 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:
This is very rational of Mexico.

BREAKING: Mexico freezes accounts of "human traffickers" tied to migrant caravans, comes after President Trump’s tariffs
1:41 PM · Jun 6, 2019

El Presidente Trump is magnifico, Senor. From what I have heard Mexico is a shithole with little justice and a lot of corruption with Tony Soprano types ruling from behind the scenes/cactus, in every hundred miles of territory. If a country with a huge border with America can't reform, is there any hope for them? I won't go there, though I went to Tiajuana once however it is spelled. I have heard Sicily is also corrupt but the rest of Italy is not so bad.  

DrPizza to be behind bars and on the receiving end very soon.

Those who are the loudest, most rabid anti–Trumpers are so very often pizza lovers. “Pizza Lover” in the FBI–promulgated pedo-code sense.

Breaking: According to DailyDot, anti-Trump blogger “DrPizza” has been charged with soliciting sex with 7 and 9 year olds online

The Guardian prints Trump ‘is not welcome’ in UK, but photos say otherwise June 3, 2019 | by Samantha Chang.

The favorable article was mostly pictures The queen is in many as are Donald and Melania. So are Camilla and Charles. And Ivanka and Jared Kushner. I know what a “posed” smiley face is. I saw none of those. These people were genuinely having fun meeting each other. Charles is more stoic but that is his nature. Several times Queen Elizabeth looked tickled pink. I think The Royals and the President and his entourage had a very nice time. They were liked and amused by each other. No fakery. I could imagine the inviters and the guests both said, “That was really fun. Let’s do it again sometime!”

On 6/6/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jon Letendre said:
This is very rational of Mexico.

BREAKING: Mexico freezes accounts of "human traffickers" tied to migrant caravans, comes after President Trump’s tariffs
1:41 PM · Jun 6, 2019

But now they refuse to allow the public to know, so maybe 5% tariffs will be back afterall, this will be something to watch.

“After freezing the bank accounts of 26 individuals and entities amid a probe into human trafficking, Mexico has refused to name the account owners - some of which appear to have originated in the US, UK, African nations and Central America

What's more, law enforcement sources revealed to Breitbart that the UIF investigation found four sanctioned accounts linked to human smuggling groups that are loyal to Mexican drug cartels in border towns. Two of the accounts were linked to Piedras Negras, which is tied to the Cartel Del Noreste faction of the Los Zetas, as well as an independent smuggler in the area. The two other accounts are believed to be tied to Gulf Cartel operators based in Reynosa, Tamaulipas.“

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-10/mexico-refuses-name-international-figures-bankrolling-migrant-caravans

On 7/3/2015 at 11:39 AM, Peter said:

What is his motivation? He could get into the news by doing good with his power and money but instead he is alienating whole voting blocks of people. I won't psychologize him to say he is full of rage or is seeking revenge (as evidenced by his 500 million dollar lawsuit against Univision for dropping his beauty pageant) but I will say he is pissed off. He wants specific issues discussed. His negatives will go up, in the long run, though a lot of Republicans were applauding his candor. He's the Miley Cyrus and Rhianna of right wing politics.

Boy. What a blowhard. Was I wrong? Oh, yeah. Big time. Please forgive me Jesus for I have sinned.

I just wanted to say good bye to Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She was excellent. Every time she spoke I stopped what I was doing to listen. What a smart cookie. Ok. I shouldn't say sexist things like Cookie but I really liked her. So long babe. You were the best ever.  

24 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Trump is "clarifying."

Hillary and the DNC paid for the Steele dossier. So what? Opposition research should not be illegal and I think if I were running for dogcatcher I would listen to a foreigner. Psst? Senor? I am from Meh-hico  I have something on your opponent. He is a cat lover! 

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

From the above article: “Trump's comments drew widespread backlash and later prompted Federal Election Commission Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub to issue a statement making clear that it is "illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election."

Recent donors [to Hillary] include the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Australia, Germany and a Canadian government agency promoting the Keystone XL pipeline.

There is no conceivable way, I would suggest, that the [Clinton] foundation can keep the foreign monies if she [Hillary] wants to run for president. It is unseemly in the extreme and raises potential for liability down the road. But even if she were now to give all the money back, she has had use of the money in the meantime (the time value of money is something, after all).”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/02/18/foreign-donations-to-hillary-clintons-foundation-raise-major-ethical-questions/

She never did give the monies back, because she is a criminal.

But, let’s talk about Trump and his willingness to hear what information someone has. Let’s pretend that’s a big deal. (And let’s comb our hair with a balloon like Bernie, while we’re at it.)

This following item is going to get drowned out in the mainstream media and elsewhere else, but it sure as hell will not get drowned out in AG Barr's different legal teams investigating the gross official misconduct at the intelligence agencies.

In fact, this is one of those items that is going to sink all the bad guys. It is so egregious, in my opinion, it may set up the means for the investigation to to implicate Clinton and Obama.

US Govt's Entire Russia-DNC Hacking Narrative Based On Redacted Draft Of Crowdstrike Report

The gist is this.

1. Crowdstrike is a private firm that investigated the DNC server hack.

2. Rather than the DNC turn its servers over to the FBI, it paid Crowdstrike one million dollars to do a forensic analysis.

3. The version of Crowdstrike's findings that served as grounds for a joint FBI/DHS report that claimed Russia did it all, muh Russians!, was not a complete report. Instead it was a draft report with redactions.

4. The DOJ never had and never used an unredacted Crowdstrike report on the DNC server hack. Instead, a redacted draft of the report served as grounds for all later official DOJ business where the Russian hack was taken as a certain fact and official position, including in court and in the Mueller Report. There has been no other primary source the DOJ used that claimed the Russians hacked the DNC server--all such claims ultimately derived from the Crowdstrike draft.

5. (Quoting the article): "... the Crowdstrike analyst who led forensics on the DNC servers is a former FBI employee who Robert Mueller promoted while head of the agency."

6. Crowdstrike has previously put out false information about Russian hacking. In one case as given in the article, it had to officially correct a report where it falsely claimed Russia hacked the Ukrainian military. In other words, Crowdstrike is known to make stuff up about Russian hacking.

This is so inept it's breathtaking.

But legally, it's a death blow to the defense of any of the future-indicted turkeys who abused their power.

Guess who uncovered this thing? Roger Stone through a request in court for the full Crowdstrike analysis. It looks like Mueller's idea of nailing Roger was a real bad idea.

And if this goes to where it legally has to go, Roger is going to be a very wealthy man after he sues.

Michael

I was almost not going to comment on this, but, the way I currently think, to not comment would be cowardice.

I'm not even going to try to parse President Trump's words. Let them mean what he implies.

As to my thoughts on the substance:

I can't stand people burning the American flag. I know what it means.

I can't stand the idea of living in a place where one could be punished by the government for burning its flag. I know what that means, too.

Also, I'm fine with the current legal status even if it means I have to be fine with a contradiction in my deeper emotions. 

And as long as I am in this mood, let me go on record. President Trump is wrong--as wrong as wrong can be--to support legal punishment for flag burning. If I were ever to talk to him about it, I would tell him to knock it off.

But... I clicked like on his tweet anyway.

I'm fine with the contradiction.

Michael

Old Glory was up at my house on Memorial Day. I remember raising and lowering the American flag at home and at my Dad’s house, and at the Ocean View VFW. It may have been a Federal and Delaware law that you never let the American flag touch the ground.

Never burning the American flag is actually less onerous (or possible) to me because dropping or drooping it until it touches the ground is an accident while burning it, is intentional. If burning the flag is an over-reaction to political protest then initiating a ban on that practice is no skin off my nose. Because this is a special case, political freedom to protest may be curtailed, but that is fine since the flag is a special symbol to me and most Americans. It is a gray area but similar to the distinction given to legitimate protest and violent protest, or throwing a rock and desecrating the Rosetta Stone.

In another way burning down a church or destroying a religious artifact is more than arson. It is a “hate crime” in America and I am glad they tacked on additional penalties in those cases too. Yes, one American and near universal right is free speech but cussing in public and slander are against the law. I am OK with that too. Peter

The Trump campaign kicks off today in Florida, per CBS. Will the crowds be big and rowdy? People stood in line overnight to see him today. A massive removal of illegal immigrants by ICE is scheduled to start next week. By announcing this action in advance, it may allow some illegals to disappear, but it also gives illegals, their families, and their duped employers who thought their documents were legitimate, a chance to prepare. I see this announcement as benevolent, though a million Hispanics may be sent home.    

The Trump Doctrine seems to be freedom and prosperity at home, communicating directly to the world for transparency, and to “speak loudly to avoid using a big stick.” And he has been successful at it.

Any exceptions? The news about 1000 additional American troops being sent to the Middle East, may be true or an *under exaggeration*, to disguise our response to a crisis. Generally for strategic reasons, Military secrets don’t count as a lack of transparency. They are necessary to not allow an enemy to prepare a counter attack. Peter

From Wikipedia.The Reagan Doctrine was stated by Reagan in his State of the Union message on February 6, 1985: "We must not break faith with those who are risking their lives--on every continent from Afghanistan to Nicaragua--to defy Soviet-supported aggression and secure rights which have been ours from birth." It was a strategy implemented by the Reagan Administration to overwhelm the global influence of the Soviet Union in the late Cold War. The doctrine was a centerpiece of United States foreign policy from the early 1980s until the end of the Cold War in 1991. Under the Reagan Doctrine, the United States provided overt and covert aid to anti-communist guerrillas and resistance movements in an effort to "roll back" Soviet-backed pro-communist governments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The doctrine was designed to diminish Soviet influence in these regions as part of the administration's overall strategy to win the Cold War. 

Here are some ideas to think of in association with President Trump and Iran. Peter

Ayn Rand: Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision.  Their goals differed, but they all had this in common:  That the step was first, the road new, the vision un-borrowed, and the response they received - hatred.

Drew Schaefer on the old Starship Forums: Peace: the only PROSPERITY.

Ken Gordon: The first issue in a democracy is that you are the adults. No one else is going to do this for you.

Donald Rumsfeld: Leadership in the right direction finds followers and supporters.

Winston Churchill: Let us learn our lessons. Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

President Trump shined and surpassed everything anyone imagined in his reelection announcement rally in Tampa, FL tonight.

Go to about 1:35:30 for the entrance of the President and First Lady, that is unless you like speeches by Don Jr., VP Mike Pence, etc. Melania said a few words before President Trump did, but she was very short.

Enjoy.

I love thinking about the Dems looking at this as they try to plan for 2020.

Michael

If you want a quick idea of how thundering the crowd was at President Trump's rally (without going through the whole thing), here's a short video of his homage to Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Meanwhile, back at the Funny Farm, here is what leftwing activists are doing re Sarah (from Rush Limbaugh here😞

Folks, I can’t imagine what it would be like to be a liberal today, not just from the standpoint of what they believe. But can you imagine running around all day being so filled with hate and so constantly enraged and angry? There’s a group of these people that has devoted themselves to making sure Sarah Sanders does not get a job anywhere in the private sector. They are sending threat letters. You know, just like these now-failed advertiser boycotts. They’re using the same techniques, the same tactics.

They’re bombarding businesses. It’s about 10 or 12 people made to look like tens of thousands. They’re bombarding businesses with their demand that Sarah Sanders never be hired for anything because she is a reprobate. She lied. She personally oversaw the separation of children from their families, illegal immigrants at the border. This group of people… I forget the name of this the group, but they are totally… We don’t have anything like this, and we need to. We’re not on that field of battle. They’re constantly urging/demanding boycotts, pressuring this, pressuring that. And in the process, they get to define what “normal” is.

And in their world, Sarah Sanders is abnormal and doesn’t even deserve to have a job because she worked for Donald Trump and helped him separate families at the border. These CEOs and these marketing people at all these companies that are being bombarded here are deluged with these emails...

Those fanatical idiots would do well to take a good hard look at that rally clip and listen to how loud and long the applause was. If they try their anti-Sarah crap on the wrong person, they could get hurt.

Michael

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

...Meanwhile, back at the Funny Farm, here is what leftwing activists are doing re Sarah (from Rush Limbaugh here😞

Those fanatical idiots would do well to take a good hard look at that rally clip and listen to how loud and long the applause was. If they try their anti-Sarah crap on the wrong person, they could get hurt.

Michael

It's not the fanatical idiots who are the real problem, but the spineless CEOs and marketing people whom Limbaugh mentions who are usually pretty easily duped by the tactic.

J

Of interest to me is the list of donors who are immediately ready to contribute the second a candidate declares. Fox News was just wondering how can any other candidate compete against the suddenly rich, Joe Biden? In the first debate watch for those opposing candidates zingers to draw Joe out. Hours and hours may have been spent, with or without collusion among the other Democrat candidates, to concoct a killer asteroid of an observation to make Biden stumble.    

I wish SNL would bring back the segment called, “Deep Thoughts,” for inspiration, but here are some shallow thoughts. The Dow is up . . . again, though down from today’s highs. And President Trump is still predominantly, laissez faire.  So what can make this market and economy go into a tail spin? Our President is not a crony capitalist. He won’t start a war to benefit crony capitalist beneficiaries while expending our military and economic resources.

Later today, will Trump cut the Fed lending rate to 2.5 percent or lower? The Wealth Management CEO on Fox speculates, “No.” One job report is a little off. Gold is up 5 percent. Does that indicate fear? Buy or sell everything because of what the Fed just did? No. that’s dumb. “If I am not reelected the market will crash.” Could be. Compare the Obama and Trump economies, or a potential Biden or other leftist, economy.

This is a no brainer. I would disagree with the late Tom Petty’s economic outlook. The market goes up and the market goes down. But the general trend under freedom is to rise with freedom. Peter  

Free Falling Lyrics by Tom Petty: . . . I wanna glide down over Mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
Gonna free fall out into nothing
Gonna leave this world for a while

Free falling, now I'm free falling, now I'm
Free falling, now I'm free falling, now I'm

Free Fallin’