Donald Trump

However, it also looks like Trump may be garnering a few more delegates, if this ingenious pressure tactic is successful:

http://www.ifhscience.net/trump-calls-iowas-statehood-into-question.html 

Trump Calls Iowa's Statehood into Question

At a press conference following his loss to Sen. Ted Cruz at the Iowa Presidential Caucus on Monday, Donald Trump suggested that Iowa had not been legally admitted as a state in 1846. Trump said "I'm not saying it's absolutely not a state but if they are a state, why not show the official state charter?". 
Picture
Trump said "I heard..my sources tell me that Iowa may not have gone through the proper channels when becoming a state which would make this whole caucus null and void.". 

Iowa governor Terry Branstad calls Trump's claims "ridiculous" saying "There is nothing to suggest that we are not a legitimate state" at a press conference following the caucus.
 "Trump is sore because he lost to Ted Cruz and is just grasping at straws." the governor continued.  

Ted Cruz narrowly defeated the real estate mogul and reality television star. Canadian-born Cruz's eligibility  has been called into question by Trump.

“The son of a U.S. citizen born abroad is a natural-born citizen,” Cruz said in a  CNN “State of the Union” interview aired Sunday. “The internet has all sorts of fevered swamp theories including Iowa not being a state”
Iowa caucus results
Republican vote, 99% reported:
  • Ted Cruz: 26%, eight delegates
  • Donald Trump: 23%, seven delegates
  • Marco Rubio: 23%, seven delegates
  • Ben Carson: 10%, three delegates
  • Rand Paul, Jeb Bush: one delegate each.
  • Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich and Rick Santorum: no delegates

The candidates immediately left Iowa Monday night for New Hampshire where the primaries will take place on Feb. 9th. The aim of these primary and caucus races  is to determine which candidates will represent the two main parties in the November presidential election. 

Trump claims he's confident he'll win the primary and subsequently the White House.

8 hours ago, Roger Bissell said:

However, it also looks like Trump may be garnering a few more delegates, if this ingenious pressure tactic is successful:

Roger,

You've been punked.

You are quoting an article from a site called "I Fucking Hate Science."

:evil: 

For readers interested, here are a few more articles from that site:

Obama Renames William McKinley "President Denali"

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Unveils New Hillary Clinton Cover

Project Runway to Feature Blind Fashion Designer

btw - Here is the cover of the Sports Illustrated given in the article:

04.26.2016-08.13.png

Haters gonna hate and punkers gonna punk.

:) 

Michael

On April 24, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

No, you say (and constantly imply) Ted Cruz is the true constitutional conservative.

Michael,

You can do better than this.

I could put in 20-point that Cruz truly respects the constitution.

I'm not completely sure Donald Trump has heard of that document, though he's recently learned to repeat the phrase "2nd amendment."

The socially conservative part of Cruz, I expect you know I can do without.  Glutinous religiosity, photo ops with Kim Davis, "bathroom bill" soapboxing...

You could probably do without Trump's sporadic efforts at social conservatism, but we all know they're phony.  (High principle again, wink wink?)

Robert

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Robert,

See?

There you go again confusing a counterpunch with a habit.

Trump will play dirty with those who play dirty, but he vastly prefers to win by sheer competence. Don't forget, one of his favorite Bible verses is "An eye for an eye."

Michael

Michael,

If it was a counterpunch, why didn't you boast about it when the story ran?

Robert

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Robert,

I agree. You get to be part of a majority when things like this happen (from Breitbart):

Exclusive Data Analysis: Donald Trump Wins More Than 2 Million More Votes Than Mitt Romney in 2012 in States Voting So Far

Now where did all those new people come from, I wonder?

Did you ever see them?

And that's just so far in primaries. Imagine the election...

Michael

Michael,

What were you saying about time travel, just a few posts ago?

Now you want to pit Trump 2016 (amid high primary and caucus turnout) vs. Romney 2012 (amid low primary and caucus turnout).

Oops, Trump did run against Romney in 2012 (I know, only Establishment types pay any attention to how things went in 2012).  How quickly did he drop out?

And, yeah, Trump has something to do with higher turnout.  But then you want to annex all the people who have turned out this year to oppose Trump to all of those who turned out to support him.

I think you really are failing to see most of the electorate.

For if everyone you can see is exactly like yourself, you would have to see yourself as part of a majority.

Robert

Robert wrote to Michael: I think you really are failing to see most of the electorate. For if everyone you can see is exactly like yourself, you would have to see yourself as part of a majority. end quote

??? Now that the Republican contests are drawing to a close it will be interesting to see if there is a wave of support for him. If Trump sweeps today, and does well in Indiana and California then goes to the convention with the most delegates but not the required 1237, will Cruz and Kasish fight him? To me it makes enormous political sense to pick one of them as VP OR dangle a carrot in front of each of them and several others to get the needed number on convention vote number two. Any advice I might give Donald about the art of the deal would be dumb and dumber'er compared to his insights.

Can Trump win enough electoral college votes on election night? I worry that his theatrical sense might overcome his practical sense but he is a good showman. Several Maryland voters are being interviewed on the news at 12. One just said America is in a mess. Trump will clean up the mess. She just voted for him. Then the reporter got four others to speak about the other candidates they are supporting.         

Peter

Edited for brevity content from “6 Reasons Donald Trump Isn’t Fit To Be President,” by John Hawkins Posted: Apr 26, 2016 12:01 AM.

1) He has openly said he’ll force our troops to break the law . . . . That’s a dictator’s mentality and as a people who live in a Constitutional Republic, it’s not something we should be willing to tolerate in a President . . . .

2) He's far too vindictive to be trusted with the powers of the presidency. This is a guy who literally wrote a chapter in one of his books called, “Revenge,” that was all about evening the score with anybody who crosses you. That seemed kind of cute at first, but when you see the deranged way Trump rants about people for months at a time on Twitter for offending him, it’s concerning. The President of the United States has the FBI, CIA, IRS, DOJ and the military at his disposal . . . .

3) He can't control what he says. The presidency is such an important position that a single comment from the POTUS can sink the stock market, create a diplomatic crisis or even start a war . . . .

4) It's almost impossible to know where he stands on any issue: Trump is like a used car salesman who's quitting his job tomorrow and will tell you anything you want to get you to sign on the dotted line . . . . .

5) He can’t be trusted with nuclear weapons. Donald Trump is very casual in his attitude about the use of nuclear weapons. He’s refused to rule out using tactical nuclear weapons against ISIS.  He made it clear he’s fine with Japan and South Korea going nuclear and his own nutty spox Katrina Pierson said, “What good does it do to have a good nuclear triad if you’re afraid to use it?”

6) He encourages violence: Everyone across the political spectrum should condemn political violence committed by unions, Occupy goons, the Black Lives Matter idiots AND Donald Trump’s supporters . . . .

Just because Donald Trump’s fans are willing to overlook his flaws, doesn’t mean everybody else can do the same thing. If we sanction and reward this kind of foolishness by making Donald Trump the GOP nominee, then don’t be surprised if the rest of the American people reluctantly put Hillary Clinton in the White House because the idea of “President Trump” is just unthinkable.

19 hours ago, Robert Campbell said:

My prediction: Fuhgeddaboudit.

Just like yours, it's testable.

Give Trump two weeks and we'll see what he does.  Whether he even knows what a position of true strength might be.

OK, here's a clip.  It's from yesterday morning, so Trump still has 13 days to find his Cloak of Presidentiality and put it on.

But I'd say the smart money has to be on Fuhgeddaboudit.

Michael, you'll want to skip this, because it's more about mere words, all of which Donald Trump seems to rely on, but none of which truly matter.

Robert

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/25/trump_cruz_a_failed_senator_filibuster_was_a_waste_of_time_pain_in_the_ass.html

Donald Trump in Warwick. Rhode Island, April 25

CRUZ doesn’t want to stop CHIIiinaa from devaluing its currency and monetary manipulation, the single greatest tool that various countries are using to hurt the United States and our companies, OK? And if YOU want to let people go ahead and devalue and if you want to let people get away with that, and Cruz is the leader of the pack, he is bad for this country and he’s bad for jobs and business.  All right, bad!

Now, it’s sort of funny… I watched Cruz this morning and he’s all mixed up, because he’s losing so badly.  And when he’s under pressure, he’s like a basket case.

So he’s STUTTERING, and he’s STAMMERING!, and I watched him, and he’s saying, “Uhh, I want jobs [in wimp voice]… and I want the economy... and I want this and I want that” — all stuff that I’ve been saying for years!  And he just started saying it!, he doesn't know anything! about the economy, he doesn’t know anything about jobs, he was a failed Senator, he couldn’t see anything passed, look at his legislation, he got nothing passed, and now he wants to be…

All he is, is a guy that will go down and stand and filibuster for a day or two, and the other Senators all look, ‘When’s he getting off the floor, Jim?  Guy’s a pain in the ass.  When’s he gettin’ off the floor?”

You know, the Senator that he most respects, in the world, is Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, great Senator.  And look at his early speeches, everything was Jeff Sessions said, and Jeff Sessions.  ONLY ONE PROBLEM, JEFF SESSIONS—SENATOR JEFF SESSIONS—CAME OUT JUST RECENTLY, AND HE ENDORSED DONALD TRUMP! OK? 

There's a phrase I think we're going to be hearing, over the next year.

How long we'll hear it depends on how far Donald Trump gets.

A cold day in hell.

It'll be a cold day in hell before Ted Cruz works with or for Donald Trump, on anything.

When your opponent, the people's champion against the Establishment, once again joins forces with Mitch McConnell against you:

All he is, is a guy that will go down and stand and filibuster for a day or two, and the other Senators all look, ‘When’s he getting off the floor, Jim?  Guy’s a pain in the ass.  When’s he gettin’ off the floor?”

Sure, there will be plenty Senator Ted Cruz can do for President Donald Trump.... on

A cold day in hell.

We might hear the same from John Kasich, in a little while.

We'll hear it from a lot of other folks.

How many voters, come early November, will be saying

A cold day in hell?

Robert

I know Merlin, and probably some others, addressed this issue much earlier on the thread, and gave up.

But here is Donald Trump on one (OK, two) of his favorite themes:

CRUZ doesn’t want to stop CHIIiinaa from devaluing its currency and monetary manipulation, the single greatest tool that various countries are using to hurt the United States and our companies, OK? And if YOU want to let people go ahead and devalue and if you want to let people get away with that, and Cruz is the leader of the pack, he is bad for this country and he’s bad for jobs and business.  All right, bad!

Michael has denied that devaluing a currency is the same as currency manipulation.  He should tell his candidate that.

If devaluing a currency is ipso facto proof of hostile intent agains the United States, not to mention the highest-yield weapon against the US economy, why is Trump confining these rants to CHIIiinaa (occasionally, suffering flashbacks to the 1980s, he throws in Japan, with those container ships full of cars lying in wait off California).

The Canadian dollar is down against the US dollar, over the past few years.  Why not launch a trade war against Canada? (Sorry, WSS, sacrifices have to be made.)

The British pound is down against the US dollar.  Why not a trade war against Britain?

The European Central Bank is trying to push the euro down against the dollar (actually it's announced that his is its intent).  Only partial success so far, but if they meet their target, I guess it's trade war time, against the whole euro zone.

The Oz dollar is down, too, come to think of it.

Robert

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Robert,

(whispering)

Donald Trump is winning.

:evil: 

Michael

Winning the Republican nomination?  Probably.  Winning the election?  Not likely, but possible. 

Bob,

Michael hasn't yet learned the difference between winning the nomination and winning the general election.

Barry Goldwater isn't around any more to tell him how they're different.  Neither is Jerry Ford.

But Bob Dole is (I won't count Bush Sr. because his nomination for a 2nd term wasn't seriously contested).  So are John McCain and Mitt Romney.

Oh, but they are (or were) all loooosers.

Can't be relevant to the Trumpian trajectory, then.

Robert

4 minutes ago, Robert Campbell said:

Bob,

Michael hasn't yet learned the difference between winning the nomination and winning the general election.

Barry Goldwater isn't around any more to tell him how they're different.  Neither is Jerry Ford.

But Bob Dole is (I won't count Bush Sr. because his nomination for a 2nd term wasn't seriously contested).  So are John McCain and Mitt Romney.

Oh, but they are (or were) all loooosers.

Can't be relevant to the Trumpian trajectory, then.

Robert

Robert,

There is one too many o's in "loooosers."

--helpful Brant

I'm getting the impression you think Trump will be niminated

he will make a much more entertaining if not more interesting campaign than Cruz will

Ok - spelling bee is over...

After Trump gets over 130 delegates committed to him after today, he will be at 944 to 974.

Do the math.

Let's say he gets at least 120 that would put him at 964.

That leaves him needing 273 to clinch on the first ballot.

You do the math.

A...

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Poll-wise, the center of gravity of the the climb keeps climbing.

Trump breaks 50 percent mark in national poll

:)

Michael

Not sure why but this link leads to a dead end.  I wonder if the article moved or was taken down.  

This site can’t be reached

trump%20breaks%2050%20percent%20mark%20in%20national%20poll’s server DNS address could not be found.