What About Bill Cosby?

Well you know, WHERE THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE...

Women have been charging Bill Clinton with sexual assault since his days as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford 30 years ago.

A continuing investigation into the President's questionable sexual history reveal incidents that go back as far as Clinton's college days, with more than a dozen women claiming his sexual appetites leave little room for the word ''no.''

Juanita Broaddrick, an Arkansas nursing home operator, told NBC's Lisa Myers five weeks ago she was raped by Clinton. NBC shelved the interview, saying they were confirming all parts of the story, but finally aired it Wednesday night.

Broaddrick finally took her story to The Wall Street Journal, which published her account of the brutal rape at the hands of the future President, followed by The Washington Post and some other publications.

Remember the consensus ...

A...

• 5 months later...

Update:

Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex

In 2005, he admitted he intended to give quaaludes to young women he wanted to have sex with, and two women testified they knowingly took them from him.

He was asked whether he gave them to any women without their knowledge and the article is unclear if there was a response other than an objection by his lawyer.

Michael

Update:

Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex

In 2005, he admitted he intended to give quaaludes to young women he wanted to have sex with, and two women testified they knowingly took them from him.

He was asked whether he gave them to any women without their knowledge and the article is unclear if there was a response other than an objection by his lawyer.

Michael

I assume these were depositions?

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents from the deposition in a sexual abuse lawsuit filed by former Temple University employee Andrea Constand — the first of a cascade of sexual abuse lawsuits against him. Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client

I love discovery.

A...

That story Michael notes from a FOX outlest is warming its way through the news atmosphere. It makes me feel sad, sad for him, sad for the folks in the civil proceedings back then.

Luckily for Cosby, Trump may push this matter and the sad details off the front pages ... I will remember Cosby for the totality of his career. An original and a giant in widening society's view of The Blakk Experience.

Edited by william.scherk

I have a comment and it is not so much about Cosby as it is about the culture.

I keep seeing people say that Cosby admitted to drugging women without their knowledge so he could rape them.

Some variation of that is in headlines and comments all over the Internet.

He may well have, but he did not admit to it. If someone can produce a quote to that effect, I would be grateful. Nothing of the sort was in the article I linked to.

He admitted he got drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. Hell, when I was younger, I remember getting pot, acid, coke and all kinds of drugs to give to women I wanted to have sex with. I would have done that with ludes had I used them but I never got into downers. That's not admitting I was scheming to get these women high without their knowledge and rape them. I wanted to please them, give them something they asked for or said OK when I offered, so they would think well of me. Then nature would take its course...

I really recoil at how bloodthirsty the crowd is. It's not even the zeal that bothers me. It's the willingness of people to lie to themselves about the facts.

Here is a clear case where a core story is of higher value to people than knowing what the truth is. Truth will only serve these people if it reinforces their core story. If it does not, they will make up fake facts, start believing in them in earnest, and tell these "facts" to anyone who will listen.

Michael

Agreed Michael, I was going to point that out.

Ludes were very popular sex enhancing drugs in the '70's and were sought after for sex.

Nice pick up though.

He apparently said in the depositions that he procured ludes for women he was going to have sex with, implying that it was agreed to by both of the parties.

A...

Whoopi's hanging in there in the same manner I am: Whoopi Goldberg: Bill Cosby is 'innocent until proven guilty'

I don't always agree with her, but on this issue, we seem to hold to the same idea for the same reasons.

Michael

It is still a long step to a secret criminal doping of a person which is what he has been accused of.

I would say it is getting close to the 51% that one would need in a civil trial as Brant just said.

There are plenty of stones laying around for he who is free of sin to pick up and throw if they wish.

Difference is that I will shoot you in the chest, or, if I have enough time right in the head if you throw them my way, lol.

A...

I have a comment and it is not so much about Cosby as it is about the culture.

I keep seeing people say that Cosby admitted to drugging women without their knowledge so he could rape them.

Some variation of that is in headlines and comments all over the Internet.

He may well have, but he did not admit to it. If someone can produce a quote to that effect, I would be grateful. Nothing of the sort was in the article I linked to.

He admitted he got drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. Hell, when I was younger, I remember getting pot, acid, coke and all kinds of drugs to give to women I wanted to have sex with. I would have done that with ludes had I used them but I never got into downers. That's not admitting I was scheming to get these women high without their knowledge and rape them. I wanted to please them, give them something they asked for or said OK when I offered, so they would think well of me. Then nature would take its course...

I really recoil at how bloodthirsty the crowd is. It's not even the zeal that bothers me. It's the willingness of people to lie to themselves about the facts.

Here is a clear case where a core story is of higher value to people than knowing what the truth is. Truth will only serve these people if it reinforces their core story. If it does not, they will make up fake facts, start believing in them in earnest, and tell these "facts" to anyone who will listen.

Michael

Alcohol is the number one let's-have-sex drug, whether that sex is rape or not is another question.

Liberal Crosby is being roasted by the "progressive" left for his white man's social responsibility story he pushed before he got squashed. He's not being called an "Oreo" because there is some refuge for him there. That was for before the rape stories. After he's just to be stomped and stomped on whenever there's an opportunity to stomp on him. He betrayed his race. He betrayed women. He gets to be lynched or drug behind the truck until all the parts fall off and he's dead, dead, dead--literally--for it's his story they want to kill. He was against not "acting white." He was against "talking black" or not "talking white." Etc. Even if he didn't actually say he was he was. It's between the lines. The whole idea is to keep uppity niggers in line. Keep the blacks in this cultural ghetto of victimhood, eternal entitlement, not getting on with your life, being racist against whites especially but Hispanics will do in a crunch. Etc. There are benefits from this slavery--for the slave masters, who may or may not be black. BLACK IDENTITY trumps human identity. What? What's that? I admit, if whites were 10% of the population and blacks 80% and whites had been in the 19th century SLAVES and the blacks were full of patronizing guilt over that and having lynched whites and earlier had had intercourse with female slaves so that today so many whites weren't so white afterall--oh, that beautiful pure white skin must mean you recently immigrated from Scandinavia--then whites would be getting and giving what blacks are today. Just think of how ROOTS would have depicted going back to Europe and finding one's real, authentic white-tribal identity.

--Brant

One of the reasons I gravitated to Malcolm X was his message.  This was a powerful speech that he gave to SNCC workers in Selma, in 1963 and I am sure that he was a person mentioned in Selma the movie, right?

To understand this, you have to go back to what [the] young brother here referred to as the house Negro and the field Negro — back during slavery. There was two kinds of slaves. There was the house Negro and the field Negro. The house Negroes – they lived in the house with master, they dressed pretty good, they ate good ’cause they ate his food — what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master; and they loved their master more than the master loved himself. They would give their life to save the master’s house quicker than the master would. The house Negro, if the master said, “We got a good house here,” the house Negro would say, “Yeah, we got a good house here.” Whenever the master said “we,” he said “we.” That’s how you can tell a house Negro.

If the master’s house caught on fire, the house Negro would fight harder to put the blaze out than the master would. If the master got sick, the house Negro would say, “What’s the matter, boss, we sick?” We sick! He identified himself with his master more than his master identified with himself. And if you came to the house Negro and said, “Let’s run away, let’s escape, let’s separate,” the house Negro would look at you and say, “Man, you crazy. What you mean, separate? Where is there a better house than this? Where can I wear better clothes than this? Where can I eat better food than this?” That was that house Negro. In those days he was called a “house nigger.” And that’s what we call him today, because we’ve still got some house niggers running around here.

This modern house Negro loves his master. He wants to live near him. He’ll pay three times as much as the house is worth just to live near his master, and then brag about “I’m the only Negro out here.” “I’m the only one on my job.” “I’m the only one in this school.” You’re nothing but a house Negro. And if someone comes to you right now and says, “Let’s separate,” you say the same thing that the house Negro said on the plantation. “What you mean, separate? From America? This good white man? Where you going to get a better job than you get here?” I mean, this is what you say. “I ain’t left nothing in Africa,” that’s what you say. Why, you left your mind in Africa.

On that same plantation, there was the field Negro. The field Negro — those were the masses. There were always more Negroes in the field than there was Negroes in the house. The Negro in the field caught hell. He ate leftovers. In the house they ate high up on the hog. The Negro in the field didn’t get nothing but what was left of the insides of the hog. They call ‘em “chitt’lin’” nowadays. In those days they called them what they were: guts. That’s what you were — a gut-eater. And some of you all still gut-eaters.

The field Negro was beaten from morning to night. He lived in a shack, in a hut; He wore old, castoff clothes. He hated his master. I say he hated his master. He was intelligent. That house Negro loved his master. But that field Negro — remember, they were in the majority, and they hated the master. When the house caught on fire, he didn’t try and put it out; that field Negro prayed for a wind, for a breeze. When the master got sick, the field Negro prayed that he’d die. If someone come [sic] to the field Negro and said, “Let’s separate, let’s run,” he didn’t say “Where we going?” He’d say, “Any place is better than here.” You’ve got field Negroes in America today. I’m a field Negro. The masses are the field Negroes. When they see this man’s house on fire, you don’t hear these little Negroes talking about “our government is in trouble.” They say, “The government is in trouble.” Imagine a Negro: “Our government”! I even heard one say “our astronauts.” They won’t even let him near the plant — and “our astronauts”! “Our Navy” — that’s a Negro that’s out of his mind. That’s a Negro that’s out of his mind.

Just as the slavemaster of that day used Tom, the house Negro, to keep the field Negroes in check, the same old slavemaster today has Negroes who are nothing but modern Uncle Toms, 20th century Uncle Toms, to keep you and me in check, keep us under control, keep us passive and peaceful and nonviolent. That’s Tom making you nonviolent. It’s like when you go to the dentist, and the man’s going to take your tooth. You’re going to fight him when he starts pulling. So he squirts some stuff in your jaw called novocaine, to make you think they’re not doing anything to you. So you sit there and ’cause you’ve got all of that novocaine in your jaw, you suffer peacefully. Blood running all down your jaw, and you don’t know what’s happening. ‘Cause someone has taught you to suffer — peacefully.

A...

No quoats for you! No quoats for you!

Very good William...

Your quotes must serve some purpose in your mind.

It was a main meme in his stock speech that year.

A...

Haven't followed this story too closely but I have a few things to add.

In Obama's book he says that when he watched Bill Cosby when he was a kid (this would be in the 60s or 70s, before the Cosby Show) he wondered by he wasn't ever with women on TV

First I heard of Cosby raping women was through Hannibal Burress, another standup comedy (who is in my opinion funnier than Cosby)

(sorry for the low quality, if Cosby did rape women he did do a good job in covering it up!)

Taken from Bioshock Burial at Sea 2

Didn't know where else to put this! Though I do seem to remember discussions around the Sex scenes in the novels.....

• 1 month later...

Here is comedian Damon Wayans giving his thoughts on the Bill Cosby mess in a recent interview on a New York radio show, The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1 FM.

The video interview is a little over half-an-hour, so you can skip to the Cosby comments starting at around 26:07.

Wayans had some light criticism of Cosby, but said what's going down on him is a "money hustle" and that "some of the "bitches" now accusing Cosby are "un-rape-able." :smile:

The progressives, right on course, are starting to go nuts. Here's a good example:

Damon Wayans Just Gave a Truly Disturbing Defense Against Bill Cosby's Rape Allegations
by Tom McKay

September 05, 2015

MIC

There are others out there attacking Wayans, too, but now I believe the media's unity will really start to fracture on Cosby because after Wayans, other celebrities will come.

In fact, I think Wayans came up with the most reasonable explanation for Cosby's massive crucifixion in the media I have seen to date. He said Cosby started criticizing young black men and lost their support. So when the attacks really ramped up, nobody stood up for him.

Wayans mentioned that Woody Allen and other (shall we say) sexually challenged artists are still out there, still in the market, and still doing bestseller work.

The insider view of the pop celebrity world Wayans described totally corresponds to what I observed when I was living it.

Michael

I still haven't thoroughly investigated this because I'm not sure our culture can discuss rape rationally.

I'll chime in two basic arguments from psychology and history.

1) Punishment is most effective when applied directly after the crime. Somebody who committed a crime and is immediately punished can (ideally) turn that punishment into a motivation to change their behavior. If you are punished decades after your crime, there's nothing you can do to change your past behaviors and its possible that your criminal behaviors have ended without punishment.

2) Legal systems are old, sexist and don't change quickly, and in the US the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty. There's not much a woman can do to prove she was raped beyond a reasonable doubt so long as the man claims it was consensual.

There's some possibility that Crosby is the modern day equivalent of a day care worker accused of abusing children some decades ago. All of a sudden all across the country, mass child sexual abuse and satanic rituals. A real pile on.

--Brant

• 3 months later...

Cosby charged in PA.

Mr. Cosby became a “mentor” and “friend” to Ms. Constand, and at one point she went to Mr. Cosby’s home, where he made two sexual advances that were rejected, Mr. Steele said. According to the accusations, Mr. Cosby then urged her to take pills and drink wine until she was unable to move.

“The evidence is strong and sufficient to proceed,” Mr. Steele said. He added: “A person in that state cannot give consent.”

Not looking good for Bill...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/business/media/bill-cosby-charged-in-sexual-assault-case.html?emc=edit_na_20151230&nlid=53564225&ref=cta&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Media&action=keypress&region=FixedLeft&pgtype=article

There's some possibility that Crosby is the modern day equivalent of a day care worker accused of abusing children some decades ago. All of a sudden all across the country, mass child sexual abuse and satanic rituals. A real pile on.

How much possibility, Brant?

I was there in the thick of controversy. One specific component of the satanic ritual abuse panic impacted justice -- the cult of therapy developed under the 'recovered memory' movement.

Parallels to Cosby might be in the dimension of 'moral panics' ... with remembrance of 'abuse' another issue. In the satanic panic. so-called recovered memories (recovered from a state of amnesia or repression) were seen as veridical. If you had 'symptoms' of being abused, then you were. If it took a whole lot of crazy therapy to get you the memories of child abuse, then that is what it took.

-- separately were the presumed memories of children, as at the famous McMartin preschool, but which memories were teased out by therapeutic-forensic marriage, exemplified in the work of Kee MacFarlane.

So, false memories and coerced testimony, events 'remembered' under tutelage ... and fathers and mothers went to jail while innocent.

With Cosby. the issue is the memories of the fifty-odd women who have brought up stories of a kind of fetish-paraphilia, a consistent MO over time. True? False? Exaggerated? Lies?

A modern-day witch hunt against Cosby? Some say yes.

I recommend several books out of many written about the Memory Wars.

Edited by william.scherk

And some say no...

And some say nothing intelligible.

And some say no...

And some say nothing intelligible.

I try not to read your long posts...

such infantile chatter Bill