First Editions

So I went to the flea market (redneck sidewalk mall) over the holidays to look for Chinese military texts in a book stand they have there. They have a lot of different books on many subjects. Digging through the Philosophy section I found a first hard back edition of The Fountainhead, First edition of Anthem, and first paper back edition of Atlas Shrugged. I paid $16 bucks for all. Id say that was a score. :cool:

So I went to the flea market (redneck sidewalk mall) over the holidays to look for Chinese military texts in a book stand they have there. They have a lot of different books on many subjects. Digging through the Philosophy section I found a first hard back edition of The Fountainhead, First edition of Anthem, and first paper back edition of Atlas Shrugged. I paid $16 bucks for all. Id say that was a score. :cool:

I'd say you hit the Triple Crown with that stash!!

Those are some great finds. Makes me want to visit garage sales and look through the books on display.

Is the first edition of The Fountainhead also a first printing? If so, it is worth some money, especially if it is in good condition and has a dust jacket.

Ghs

Later edit: The first edition says "First Edition" on the copyright page, but the authentic first printing (or "state") has a red cloth binding. Subsequent printings, which may also say "First Edition," have a green cloth binding. The true first printing, with DJ and in good condition, is worth a lot of money.

Ghs