Master of the Kettlebell

moralist

Is that really you in the video? The uploader's username is "supermotogreg" and, given the few views on the video, I'm inclined to believe it really is you.

This video has great potential to go viral. Good luck.

Is that really you in the video? The uploader's username is "supermotogreg" and, given the few views on the video, I'm inclined to believe it really is you.

This video has great potential to go viral. Good luck.

Yup, that's really me. :smile:

I exercise with the kettlebell every day, and just did that one for the fun of it. My thanks go to Mikee here for his excellent recommendation.

Greg

How heavy is that object you are trying to pick up.

It's an 8kg (17lb) kettlebell my wife exercises with. I put a 2kg label on it just to make it seem funnier. We're both just beginners so we're starting light so as to properly learn the forms before graduating to heavier weights. I exercise with a 12kg (26lb) and 16kg (35lb).

Is it attached to the floor?

No. But it looks like it is, doesn't it? :wink:

That's an old comedy trick. While I appear to be pulling on the weight I'm actually pushing at the same time so it stays put and it appears that I'm totally powerless to move it.

Mikee had recently posted a video link and mentioned how beneficial kettlebell workouts are, so we tried it and really like it! :smile: Kettlebell exercises are very concentrated and the variety is almost endless. We train every day now. It's amazing how quickly the human body responds to the physical stress of strength testing exercises.

Greg

I too am a kettlebell fan. Good work,Greg. Quite funny.

That was totally spontaneous. I did it in one take. And am going to do another one of the Turkish Get Up! :laugh:

I'm following the training instructions in Pavel's book, Simple & Sinister, and we also watch YouTube videos to see the exercises. Everyone has useful tips to offer on how to do the exercises better so as to get the most benefit.

Greg

Greg,

Hilarious! Looked like a good workout, even if the kettlebell never left the ground!

No worries about dropping the kettlebell on your nice floor at least.

Karen and I are in your neck of the woods for the holidays. Her daugther lives in West Hills, a couple blocks off Topanga Canyon Blvd. Question: Why would using a mixer which is on a 20 A breaker cause the adjacent breaker, a 15 A, to trip? A real puzzle. The 20 A remains on and you can still use the mixer. Karen is making Christmas cookies. I'm thinking of just swapping out the 15A breaker with a new one.

Like your video, you have a great sense of humor!

Cheers,

Mike

Greg,

Hilarious! Looked like a good workout, even if the kettlebell never left the ground!

No worries about dropping the kettlebell on your nice floor at least.

Karen and I are in your neck of the woods for the holidays. Her daugther lives in West Hills, a couple blocks off Topanga Canyon Blvd. Question: Why would using a mixer which is on a 20 A breaker cause the adjacent breaker, a 15 A, to trip? A real puzzle. The 20 A remains on and you can still use the mixer. Karen is making Christmas cookies. I'm thinking of just swapping out the 15A breaker with a new one.

Like your video, you have a great sense of humor!

Cheers,

Mike

That's an odd one, Mike... sympathetic tripping. Are any of the circuits ground fault? That's one possibility. Another is that two circuits can share the same neutral wire, so maybe there is something going on there. If they're both pulling from the same leg of the panel, the neutral would be carrying back the sum of the loads instead of the difference which could exceed 20A and perhaps cause the lesser 15A breaker to trip. That's just a wild guess. It's likely something really simple and easy to fix.

I'll be shopping in the Valley tomorrow (Monday). Shoot me a PM if you don't resolve it by then, and I'll be happy to drop by and take a look at it no charge. :smile:

Greg