Who knew that Poland had a beach on the Mediterranean?

Selene

Officials say a suicide bomber detonated on an empty beach in front of a hotel in the Tunisian Mediterranean resort town of Sousse. He was the only fatality. An employee at the hotel told the BBC the blast occurred at 09:45 local time (08:45 GMT) close to the Riadh Palms hotel and that no-one was hurt except for the bomber.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/31/Suicide-Bomber-Blows-Himself-Up-on-Empty-Mediterranean-Beach

Officials say a suicide bomber detonated on an empty beach in front of a hotel in the Tunisian Mediterranean resort town of Sousse. He was the only fatality. An employee at the hotel told the BBC the blast occurred at 09:45 local time (08:45 GMT) close to the Riadh Palms hotel and that no-one was hurt except for the bomber.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/31/Suicide-Bomber-Blows-Himself-Up-on-Empty-Mediterranean-Beach

What does this have to do with Poland?

Sir Bob, the Literal:

Polish stereotypically are typed as dumb, e.g., did you hear about the Polish terrorist who was sent out to blow up a bus?

He came back with third degree burns on his lips.

Drum roll pease...

A...

Sir Bob, the Literal:

Polish stereotypically are typed as dumb, e.g., did you hear about the Polish terrorist who was sent out to blow up a bus?

Drum roll pease...

A...

Damn...as a Polack, that offended me.

Who's ass do I need to kiss in order to have you taken out back and shot?

Where's my Al Sharpton?

Sir Bob, the Literal:

Drum roll pease...

A...

Where's my Al Sharpton?

Kyle:

Lol, don't lose your sense of humor. My lady is half Polish and half Japanese.

I can see that you can laugh at yourself which is important.

Being an outspoken Randian, Italian, Goldwater operative at a left wing, predominantly Jewish Queens College taught me to be able to laugh at myself.

A...

Ethnic humor is always problematic. In the case of Polish Jokes, my theory is that they were inserted into our culture by the KGB.

Aggregates of people are just people, and small differences among related cultures are too easy to magnify beyond necessity.

That said, when you consider the history of Poland, they certainly hold their own in most times and places. What they do not hold is a frontier among three aggressive neighbors. The way I see it, Poland won World War II. The mathematicians who smuggled the decryption of the Hagelin Device (Enigma to the Germans and Ultra to the UK) did more to defeat Germany than the bombings. Building on their work, Turing at Bletchley Park continued to reveal their communications. (In the Pacific War, the tide turned when General Yamamoto was shot down because the Purple Code had been broken.)

The Warsaw Pact was never as strong as it seemed, but it really began to unravel when the government at Warsaw itself was able to keep the USSR at bay. Solidarity was successful at the same time that the trade frontiers were opened up to the first western personal computers.

But I am not without a sense of ethnic humor.

What is the difference between heaven and hell? In heaven, all the policemen are English, the chefs are Italian, and the mechanics are German. In hell, all the mechanics are Italian, the chefs are English, and the policemen are Germans.

Hahaha.

Sir Bob, the Literal:

Drum roll pease...

A...

Where's my Al Sharpton?

Kyle:

Lol, don't lose your sense of humor. My lady is half Polish and half Japanese.

I can see that you can laugh at yourself which is important.

Being an outspoken Randian, Italian, Goldwater operative at a left wing, predominantly Jewish Queens College taught me to be able to laugh at myself.

A...

Not to worry, the magical online tranny keeps me sharp and in good humor.

Any one who knows me knows I often make off-color jokes. Half the fun is determining who takes offense; the other half is picking my teeth up off the floor.

I have to take a risk every once in a while.

Not to worry, the magical online tranny keeps me sharp and in good humor.

Any one who knows me knows I often make off-color jokes. Half the fun is determining who takes offense; the other half is picking my teeth up off the floor.

I have to take a risk every once in a while.

Nice one Kyle!

So hows that global warming going on the plains this year?

A...

Sir Bob, the Literal:

Drum roll pease...

A...

When you say Pole, I think of Albert Tarski and Jan Lukaseiwitz, two world class logicians. I took classes from Tarski when I was at Berkeley

Ethnic humor is always problematic. In the case of Polish Jokes, my theory is that they were inserted into our culture by the KGB.

Aggregates of people are just people, and small differences among related cultures are too easy to magnify beyond necessity.

That said, when you consider the history of Poland, they certainly hold their own in most times and places. What they do not hold is a frontier among three aggressive neighbors. The way I see it, Poland won World War II. The mathematicians who smuggled the decryption of the Hagelin Device (Enigma to the Germans and Ultra to the UK) did more to defeat Germany than the bombings. Building on their work, Turing at Bletchley Park continued to reveal their communications. (In the Pacific War, the tide turned when General Yamamoto was shot down because the Purple Code had been broken.)

The Warsaw Pact was never as strong as it seemed, but it really began to unravel when the government at Warsaw itself was able to keep the USSR at bay. Solidarity was successful at the same time that the trade frontiers were opened up to the first western personal computers.

But I am not without a sense of ethnic humor.

What is the difference between heaven and hell? In heaven, all the policemen are English, the chefs are Italian, and the mechanics are German. In hell, all the mechanics are Italian, the chefs are English, and the policemen are Germans.

Hahaha.

I haven't heard that joke in ages and your version is different from the one I remember. Now that I've read your version, I can't remember mine. But, I remember that in hell, the cars were French. After all, the Italians make some pretty damned fine cars. I forgot what the Italians did. There is another version on line, but that isn't the version I remember either, though it is more similar.

Here is the online version from various locations such as this:

In Heaven the cooks are French, the lovers are Italian, the mechanics are German, the police are British, and the whole place is run by the Swiss. In Hell the cooks are British, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, the police are German, and the whole place is run by the Italians.

Darrell