Men On Strike ---Has Anyone Heard About This Book, Or, The Author?

Selene

I will add one more thought here, maybe a presumptuous one, and if I overstep please forgive me.

You both have daughters, and protect them in their youth while encouraging their independence, knowing that ultimately they must struggle alone with themselves and the world outside, make hard choices and suffer, and relearn humanity as every generation does. Could this be a factor in your emotions toward Rand?

Yes and yes. I have mentioned this before. When I first looked into her eyes at NBI, not only did I see intense intelligence that would melt a weak mind, I also saw a highly vulnerable "girl" that needed protection. Now I was maybe eighteen (18) so I did not have the experience to express it. However, I saw it and felt it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add one more thought here, maybe a presumptuous one, and if I overstep please forgive me.

You both have daughters, and protect them in their youth while encouraging their independence, knowing that ultimately they must struggle alone with themselves and the world outside, make hard choices and suffer, and relearn humanity as every generation does. Could this be a factor in your emotions toward Rand?

I see how this could apply to me, but I don't think it does.

Although I love your succinct description of the travails of fatherhood, made all the more poignant by the fact that our daughter just had her first day of 7th grade.

I see how this could apply to me, but I don't think it does.

Although I love your succinct description of the travails of fatherhood, made all the more poignant by the fact that our daughter just had her first day of 7th grade.

If my memory serves me right, you are in that long skinny state on the West coast where they just passed that asinine law about unisex bathrooms in the public schools which has to be one of the most irresponsible and dangerous pieces of legislation passed in public education history.

I cannot imagine having a daughter in the 7th grade today, I would be on the verge of insanity.

Alas, it seems that my mild obsession, not-really Doug, has exited Solo for fresh fields and pastures new. He thinks he might really be a Paleocon, or a Seventh Day Adventist or something. His legacy will remain however, as Lindsay grapples with the mechanics of a new-model Objectivism which will save mankind by depriving women of the vote and deporting all Muslims from everywhere.

I don't know about the bathrooms, but how about long tall Florida where the privatization of the school system will get some meritorious students (by sheer coincidence, kids of the privatizers) the best grades that money can buy?

Alas, it seems that my mild obsession, not-really Doug, has exited Solo for fresh fields and pastures new. He thinks he might really be a Paleocon, or a Seventh Day Adventist or something. His legacy will remain however, as Lindsay grapples with the mechanics of a new-model Objectivism which will save mankind by depriving women of the vote and deporting all Muslims from everywhere.

Link, please? You have piqued my curiosity.

Oh, dear. Still working on linking skills. It is the Men on Strike thread which is up over 100 posts now.

I confess I will miss Mr Sex and Not Too Many Drugs, Honest. Not least for his literary insights. His only criticism of Atlas was that Rand portrayed Dagny as in her mid thirties and therefore too old for him to fantasise about.

Carol

I read Solo so that you don't have to

I am altruistic that way, like Drudge and Breitbart

For those who are puzzled or annoyed by these references to another forum, I apologize, as a person who sees such threads as I referenced as human sagas of weirdly fascinating sociological and even political interest. This is probably because there is something very wrong with me.

"Doug Bandler" registered on Solo with a false name and photo, because the views he proceeded to spout, could have endangered his livelihood and even his life. He lives in the US, and the whole country would be too dangerous for him if people he knew read the stuff he wrote .(even though he "sort of works for himself in finance" according to him) He became a favourite of the forum owner and many regulars. He eventually attracted the enmity of another member, who objected to his personal sexual morality (hint: he doesn't have any) and pushed until he got an admission that "Doug" was a [phony.

Oy, vey. Such a stramash. The righteously-indignant outer of the fake is getting the usual reward for being right Another anti-Dougger, is getting the one-two punch from Lindsay and M.Moeller, because Linz called him a "f**ing liar" six years ago, and he is still mad about . Following so far?

I do think Perigo should have some empathy here. Someone called him an alcoholic six years ago, and he still seems pretty mad about that.

That is all you need to know really.. I can't help it if my main studies were in History. I might just check if there are any new posts..yes, I know. Something clearly wrong....

This is probably because there is something very wrong with me.

..yes, I know. Something clearly wrong....

Carol:

http://youtu.be/D8Q1fDf0GeY

Go to about 1:28

Hee-hee, they are still at it. Somebody has been charged with rationalizing in his use of words and he does not accept the charge! Eat your heart out, The Young and the Restless.

Methinks thou art an intellectually psychological voyeur...

Hee-hee, they are still at it. Somebody has been charged with rationalizing in his use of words and he does not accept the charge! Eat your heart out, The Young and the Restless.

Methinks thou art an intellectually psychological voyeur...

I bet you don't talk to Drudge and Breitbart that way!

Carol

deeply offended

PS do you have any spare field glasses you could lend me?

I had some email exchanges with Doug Bandler and he seems like a bright guy. He's certainly better read than most Objectivists.

I can't blame him for not wanting to post under his real name. This is PC America where you can get into trouble for being a "racial realist" or "islamphobic."

Doug said this in 2010 about me (I was critiquing a review of PARC by one Roderick Fitts in the Objective Standard).

Parille

If it were me, I would ban your ass and let you run your own blog like CONTRA or RANDTERMINATOR or some such other idiocy. For some reason, Lindsay tolerates your ass. Fitts is a bright guy. I would love to see you make your complaints to him. He has an excellent psycho-epistemology unlike you. Debate him and see how far you get.

But know this you little worm, Rand's philosophy will live long after you are a rotting piece of filth in your unmarked grave. Whatever additions or modifications are made, will be made by those that love life and worship man unlike you who are an apologist for the Christian goblin and Conservatism.

Neil, you must be such a sorry sack of shit that you have no life outside the internet. No person of healthy self-esteem does this kind of crap. Have you had sex in the last decade? I'm willing to bet yours is a life of involuntary celibacy and your only "joy" is attacking Rand and Objectivism. Lastly, from your picture, you look like a sorry specimen of humanity; like an aging 90 pound weakling. You've got Beta written all over you.

For Rosie and any who sympathize with Neil, I know I am being abusive and I know that is not intellectual argumentation. I don't care. This sorry piece of shit doesn't deserve any intellectual respect. There are some people on this earth that are such scum the only thing they deserve is abuse and contempt. That includes the piece of feces known as Neil Parille.

I had some email exchanges with Doug Bandler and he seems like a bright guy. He's certainly better read than most Objectivists.

anI can't blame him for not wanting to post under his real name. This is PC America where you can get into trouble for being a "racial realist" or "islamphobic."

No one blames him for that. It was signing on as a forum member under the false identity letting everyone believe it his true one that is being objected to. He could have used a screen name and protected his real one, but obviously did not have enough respect for the site or its owner to do that. Seriously bad faith.

It was signing on as a forum member under the false identity letting everyone believe it his true one that is being objected to.

I assumed his real name was "Doug Bandler," but I don't see anything wrong about using a different name and not letting other people in on it.

-Neil Parille

It was signing on as a forum member under the false identity letting everyone believe it his true one that is being objected to.

I assumed his real name was "Doug Bandler," but I don't see anything wrong about using a different name and not letting other people in on it.

-Neil Parille

Well, Lindsay P's posting guiidelines see something wrong with it. The alphamale photo was fake too, of course. If this is a bright guy give me a stupid one everytime!

Doug has interesting views on intelligence. I wonder why Objectivists don't discuss intelligence, IQ tests and heritability. What little I've seen makes me think Objectivists agree with left wingers like Gould.

I did not read many of Doug's interesting views on intelligence , but I vaguely recall they were vaguely based on Rand's, which he interpreted as meaning that intelligence is the most important human characteristic, indeed the one which defines human from animal.

I did not read many of Doug's interesting views on intelligence , but I vaguely recall they were vaguely based on Rand's, which he interpreted as meaning that intelligence is the most important human characteristic, indeed the one which defines human from animal.

I confess to being a human animal!

Which re-education camp am I supposed to report to again?