Toronto Mayor Goes Up In Smoke...Now Who Said Canadian Politics Is Boring?

Selene

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in 'crack cocaine' video scandal
A video that appears to show Toronto’s mayor smoking crack is being shopped around by a group of Somali men involved in the drug trade.

Continuing the article states that:

“I’m f---ing right-wing,” Ford appears to mutter at one point. “Everyone expects me to be right-wing. I’m just supposed to be this great.…” and his voice trails off. At another point he is heard calling Trudeau a “fag.” Later in the 90-second video he is asked about the football team and he appears to say (though he is mumbling), “they are just f---ing minorities.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scandal.html

Now we need to have photos of President O'biwan smoking a blunt...

A...

Michael:

I just love the Somalia drug dealer spin.

One of my major disagreements with big "L" libertarians is their open boarders borders stance.

A...

One of my major disagreements with big "L" libertarians is their open boarders stance.

Adam,

Sorry, but I just can't resist this one.

If I had an apartment building, I would want to charge rent.

:smile:

Michael

Lol - I deserved that one...nice pick up - see what happens when you "here" a word and get Hooked on Phonics!

One of my major disagreements with big "L" libertarians is their open boarders stance.

Adam,

Sorry, but I just can't resist this one.

If I had an apartment building, I would want to charge rent.

:smile:

Michael

Lol - I deserved that one...nice pick up - see what happens when you "here" a word and get Hooked on Phonics!

Hear, hear!

A neat summary on the state of affairs and why Kacy's all-out war against conservativism is so patently and dangerously misguided. I consider libertarians and conservatives to be children of a common mother; no need to start a brother's war between us while progressivism is on the march. The olive branch extended by the article is a breath of fresh air in a frequently contentious environment. I enjoyed the read, thank you for sharing.

At this line...

"Let there be no state education, and there need be no argument over whether some schools should allow teachers to wear veils and others should teach the inerrancy of the Bible or the non-existence of God."

...I realized that the statist position is not a different method of problem solving, but a different view of what are problems (and how serious they are as problems).

This libertarian argument focuses on what is only a problem to libertarians. A statist is not concerned with how disputes are resolved, only whether or not they, themselves, approve of the outcome.

---

Anyway, about Rob Ford... I live in Toronto and this guy has probably gotten more hate over the past few years than Hitler was getting in about 1955 (after people had calmed down a bit).

I don't pay any attention to Canadian politics, but apparently Ford is a fiscal conservative, which is partly why a lot of Torontonians hate him, I think. But seriously, I would not be surprised if he turned out to be a plant of the Illuminati's, only acting as mayor to give capitalism more bad (mis)representation.

A neat summary on the state of affairs and why Kacy's all-out war against conservativism is so patently and dangerously misguided. I consider libertarians and conservatives to be children of a common mother; no need to start a brother's war between us while progressivism is on the march. The olive branch extended by the article is a breath of fresh air in a frequently contentious environment. I enjoyed the read, thank you for sharing.

Libertarianism and what libertarians are left have little gravitas because the only morality in common with them is implicit in the sanctity of individual rights. Being driven away from Objectivism by Rand cut them off from any good philosophical foundation centered on ethics. Unfortunately, those Randian ethics need work. Conservatives have great gravitas mostly out of their religious beliefs. They want to take on the world with guns and butter and moralistic hubris. I don't see nor have I ever seen any real commonality between conservatives on the one hand and libertarians and Objectivists on the other.

--Brant

Robert Taft died a long time ago

At this line...

"Let there be no state education, and there need be no argument over whether some schools should allow teachers to wear veils and others should teach the inerrancy of the Bible or the non-existence of God."

...I realized that the statist position is not a different method of problem solving, but a different view of what are problems (and how serious they are as problems).

This libertarian argument focuses on what is only a problem to libertarians. A statist is not concerned with how disputes are resolved, only whether or not they, themselves, approve of the outcome.

---

Anyway, about Rob Ford... I live in Toronto and this guy has probably gotten more hate over the past few years than Hitler was getting in about 1955 (after people had calmed down a bit).

I don't pay any attention to Canadian politics, but apparently Ford is a fiscal conservative, which is partly why a lot of Torontonians hate him, I think. But seriously, I would not be surprised if he turned out to be a plant of the Illuminati's, only acting as mayor to give capitalism more bad (mis)representation.

As the person who said our politics are boring, and who has commented on \Ford long before his present prominence, I subscribe to the Illuminati theory wholeheartedly.