Ed Koch, died at 88...

BaalChatzaf

Ed Koch, once mayor of New York City died at age 88 of congestive heart failure.

Whether you approved of his politics or not, Ed made a big difference to New York. He was also an -interesting- mayor, in some what the same way as was Laguardia. They were both "characters" and they both made a big difference to the city .

Ba'al Chatzaf

As politicians go, he was far better than most, especially in NYC. Sort of a conservative Democrat.

--Brant

Also a mensch. He never let his political role negate his being a human.

Ba'al Chatzaf

A breath of fresh air in the sappy Koch apotheosis: http://professional.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324445904578281503336989988.html?mod=opinion_newsreel&mg=reno64-wsj.

Actually it says what people are saying here ‐ he was a colorful character even if he didn't do his city much good.

Folks:

I knew Ed and he was an excellent mayor. Great man. Did some remarkable work when NY City needed a steady disciplined hand.

A Final Lesson from Mayor Ed Koch

Ed Koch, the three term former mayor of New York City whose funeral commences in a few hours, was always teaching. From his podium as mayor, from his bench as a judge on The People’s Court, and on the air as host of a popular radio program, the self-described “liberal with sanity” would, in a most unreserved and brutally honest manner, share his wisdom pertaining to nearly every aspect of life.

It is only befitting that in death he leaves the world with a final lesson.MayorKochTombstone.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/josephsteinberg/2013/02/04/a-final-lesson-from-mayor-ed-koch/

One of his most memorable statements was, "If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist."

A...

Folks:

I knew Ed and he was an excellent mayor. Great man. Did some remarkable work when NY City needed a steady disciplined hand.

A Final Lesson from Mayor Ed Koch

Ed Koch, the three term former mayor of New York City whose funeral commences in a few hours, was always teaching. From his podium as mayor, from his bench as a judge on The People’s Court, and on the air as host of a popular radio program, the self-described “liberal with sanity” would, in a most unreserved and brutally honest manner, share his wisdom pertaining to nearly every aspect of life.

It is only befitting that in death he leaves the world with a final lesson.MayorKochTombstone.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/josephsteinberg/2013/02/04/a-final-lesson-from-mayor-ed-koch/

One of his most memorable statements was, "If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist."

A...

You have got to love a guy like that. A true Mensch (human being). May he be remembered for a blessing....

Ba'al Chatzaf