Bullet Shortage

syrakusos

Discussed before on OL, of course, but this came up to me via a Criminology discussion group, via a link. Local police including state police seem concerned for their mission critical resources.

In April, Business Insider reported on an additional DHS request for 750 million more rounds for a total of at least 1.2 billion bullets. The 750 million is more than 10 times what U.S. troops used in a full year of Iraqi combat.

Read more at

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/feds-to-hold-ammo-advantage-over-states/#cxZOTqoq6oylOSqf.99

I wonder if it is even possible to refuse sale of a critical material to the federal government? Do you think it is possible for a manufacturer to not reply to the RFQ? ... or would they then retaliate by blackmailing his girlfriend?

Discussed before on OL, of course, but this came up to me via a Criminology discussion group, via a link. Local police including state police seem concerned for their mission critical resources.
In April, Business Insider reported on an additional DHS request for 750 million more rounds for a total of at least 1.2 billion bullets. The 750 million is more than 10 times what U.S. troops used in a full year of Iraqi combat.

Read more at

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/feds-to-hold-ammo-advantage-over-states/#cxZOTqoq6oylOSqf.99

I wonder if it is even possible to refuse sale of a critical material to the federal government? Do you think it is possible for a manufacturer to not reply to the RFQ? ... or would they then retaliate by blackmailing his girlfriend?

Mike:

Remember what happen to the Gibson guitar company?

Gibson Guitars raided by SWAT team

A...

I'm at a point now where I can't watch the news. Too depressing.

As AR once said:
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force"

Why does the Department of Homeland Security need 1.2 billion bullets?

Why do we need a Department of Homeland Security? Never mind.