Trickle Down Government

9thdoctor

I was somewhat disappointed to see Dan leave OL.

Adam,

He can come here anytime he wants. He stays away because he chooses to.

From the way he left, I judge him to be a typical ideologue who cuts off friends, marriage, etc., because of difference in political views and/or difference in opinion about sundry issues.

He insisted on my agreement on something, but I honestly can't remember what it was. (It's on record, so whoever is interested can look it up.) And you know, if I don't agree with something, I say so.

We disagreed.

He melted down.

When he left, out of the blue, he warned me to not get within striking distance of him or something to that effect.

Really, really weird.

Nowadays, I avoid people like that among my friends like the plague. This kind will turn on you in a heartbeat over nothing--in a mean and nasty form. I speak from a lot of experience in being betrayed.

Notice that it doesn't matter to blind ideologues like that what the ideology is. Libertarianism. Communism. Neoconism. Religious fanaticism. Whatever. It doesn't matter. In sacrificing the people they care about to their cause, they all act the same. There might be a difference in degree, but nastiness and sacrifice is the kind.

Thanks but no thanks. You guys can have that one.

Michael

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the way he left, I judge him to be a typical ideologue who cuts off friends, marriage, etc., because of difference in political views and/or difference in opinion about sundry issues.

He insisted on my agreement on something, but I honestly can't remember what it was. (It's on record, so whoever is interested can look it up.) And you know, if I don't agree with something, I say so.

We disagreed.

He melted down.

When he left, out of the blue, he warned me to not get within striking distance of him or something to that effect.

Really, really weird.

Michael:

I remember the "incident" clearly.

I can clearly remember his Avatar which projected a young mind seeking, interested in ideas.

However, he did not walk that walk.

He "appeared to have had a 'hissy fit,' about a disagreement of opinion which is the mark of a weak mind.

I just thought he had a decent mind. I place him in the "Phil self destructive syndrome personality" model.

Lonely, self absorbed and alienated.

Adam

Folks:

I watched an excellent set of shows on CSPAN from Hillsdale College about WW II. The instructor was excellent and his contention, which was well supported, was that the critical factor that won WW II was that the US established a brilliant resupply chain system that effectively delivered an overwhelming amount of material to the troops.

From ammunition, gasoline, food, medical supplies and toothpaste the supply chain overwhelmed the enemy whose supply chain was worn down by daylight bombing. It is interesting that the Panzers literally ran out of petrol and became stationary targets.

In fact, the only factor that stopped Patton was the "decision" to restrict his fuel.

Adam

Logistics was not only key but resulted in all kinds of drama despite its huge success. The issue was that planned “Breakthrough of Normandy” turned into the “Breakout of Normandy” and resulted in the front line moving faster than the supply could keep up. It’s amazing to think how well they did with changes occurring daily.

Patton, of whom I am a huge fan, writes in his memoirs how they cut his fuel supplies which frustrated him to no end. It literally chained him down at times, but on a level it is understandable why Eisenhower wanted to keep the Front lateral since it protected the supply lines. It was a war of attrition as much as anything at that point. As an example, Patton writes on how he changed his tactics once he saw the German’s were using horses to pull artillery – They ran out of fuel and he used that insight to gain traction.

Fun story: Bradley found out his fuel depot was robbed and discovered that the culprits were two of Patton’s men that seemingly went into business for themselves to get fuel for their company. Bradley took it straight to Patton who promised to reprimand the men involved. When Bradley check HQ later he found out Patton had them promoted. He was naturally incensed over it.