The Gawd-Awful Video That Enraged The Gawd-Awful Islamists

Michael Stuart Kelly

Carol,

Vis-à-vis the Tea Party, do you recall the allegations that, on the day in March 2010 that the final version of PPACA aka Obamacare was passed by the House of Representatives, Tea Party demonstrators chorused the N-word at John Lewis, Jim Clyburn, and other members of the Congressional Black Caucus as they accompanied Nancy Pelosi on her stroll with the giant gavel?

No audio recordings were ever produced to substantiate these allegations. Nor was any reference ever made in media coverage to the gerontocratic nature of the House Democratic leadership: after all, the average age of those making the allegation was around 70 (and by 70 nearly every human being is somewhat hard of hearing).

Yet the accusations have been periodically repeated in the legacy mass media.

Robert Campbell

I don't recall it, I do not remember it being reported here. This is only my dim impression, If it did not happen I am very glad that it was not reported. This is the first I have heard of it,And I have not noticed any repetitions in anything I have read from the legacy mass media,(but obviously I am no watchdog:)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carol,

Several of those who were marching alongside Nancy Pelosi (for example, Richard Trumka, the head of the AFL-CIO) have repeated these allegations during the last two years.

Breitbart offered a reward to anyone who could produce an authentic video of the Tea Partiers with the N-word audible on the soundtrack. It has gone unclaimed.

At one time many videos taken by participants in the demonstration were available on YouTube. I'm sure some are still there.

I saw one taken from a cell phone in which a group of 5 or 6, maybe 15 feet from the sidewalk on which Pelosi et al. were processing, chanted "Traitors" several times.

Nothing else that even a highly excitable person with major hearing loss might mistake for the N-word.

A favored and highly durable charge from the American Left-wing media (you would hear it at least once a week from some talking head, if you had access to MSNBC) is that the Tea Party is racist from top to bottom and its true agenda is the restoration of Jim Crow—if not worse.

Robert Campbell

For a different example of the American Left's obsession with race, and its corresponding conviction that every one of its political opponents is a racist, see this clip of Rachel Maddow and Melissa Harris-Perry:

http://www.realclear...ren_attack.html

Both participants are, among other things, blatantly mendacious. Both are smart enough to be aware that they're lying.

— Elizabeth Warren has falsely claimed for many years to be 1/32 Cherokee

— Genealogical records have failed to support her claim; the ancestor she claimed was Cherokee was of European descent

— She checked the Native American box on applying for more than one academic job, and was identified as Native American by more than one institution where she worked

— There are obvious benefits of checking that box for a job candidate under the Affirmative Action system

— The Cherokee Nation does not count her as Cherokee (even though you can be 1/32 Cherokee and still qualify)

— Cherokee delegations have asked to meet with her and she has consistently refused to see them

Note Harris-Perry's assertion that such a charge (as falsely claiming Native American ancestry) cannot legitimately come from a White man (such as Scott Brown). It can only come from Blacks, Latinos, or "indigenous peoples."

But that's not all. Apparently "indigenous peoples" are a pure political abstraction. No concrete instances need apply.

Harris-Perry is woefully uninformed if she doesn't know the Cherokee Nation's position on Elizabeth Warren; it's very likely she does know, and is pretending not to.

Robert Campbell

Even the Daily Beast is now piling on the Obama administration, with an article stating that intelligence services had leads about Islamic Imperialist individuals and groups within 24 hours of the attacks in Benghazi:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/26/u-s-officials-knew-libya-attacks-were-work-of-al-qaeda-affiliates.html

Robert Campbell

Maybe Mona Eltahawy needs this kind of publicity to maintain her cred back in Egypt, but it isn't going to do her much good in North America.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/09/26/liberal_cable_pundit_arrested_for_vandalizing_pro-israeli_ad_in_ny_subway.html

Robert Campbell

Maybe Mona Eltahawy needs this kind of publicity to maintain her cred back in Egypt, but it isn't going to do her much good in North America.

http://www.realclear..._ny_subway.html

Robert Campbell

Robert:

Thanks I heard the audio of this this morning at about 9:30 and I was going to look for the video later.

What an ignorant bitch woman. The inability to even understand the difference between free speech and vandalism, enhanced by assault is stunning.

I am going to follow this case since it should be accessible on the Manhattan Criminal Court website.

I give the red head with the camera kudos for intervening. Bad things tend to happen when good people stand by and do nothing. I know I would have taken that can from her hand and made a citizen's arrest if I were walking by.

Adam

Mohammed Morsi is hewing to the Muslim Brotherhood line.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/egypts-president-morsi-tells-un-insults-to-muhammad-unacceptable/2012/09/26/fef14e46-07f3-11e2-858a-5311df86ab04_story.html

So how much help has Barack Obama now given him, by continuing to blame the craptastic video?

Robert Campbell

Now they have locked Nakoula back up for probation violations, including lying to probation officers and using aliases.

He tried out a new (old?) one at his hearing, identifying himself as Mark Basseley Youssif.

Reportedly he was relaxed and smiling in court, and why not? Now he will be a Free Speech martyr, and safer in jail than on the outside,

Damn, I wish they hadn't done that.

Now they have locked Nakoula back up for probation violations, including lying to probation officers and using aliases.

He tried out a new (old?) one at his hearing, identifying himself as Mark Basseley Youssif.

Reportedly he was relaxed and smiling in court, and why not? Now he will be a Free Speech martyr, and safer in jail than on the outside,

um...Carol:

So, your argument is that he will be safer in a jail surrounded by fanatic Muslims, in an environment where life has absolutely no value?

Really?

Adam

um...Carol:

So, your argument is that he will be safer in a jail surrounded by fanatic Muslims, in an environment where life has absolutely no value?

Really?

Adam

Well, I can argue than he will be safer than if he were kidnapped to Egypt. I didn't know the jail was full of fanatic Muslims. Surely there must be a few skinheads or wife beaters in there too.

Mr. Nakoula is being held without bail, on the alleged grounds that he poses a flight risk.

You mean, like buying a one-way ticket to Cairo?

This is disproportionate, to put it mildly. The guy is accused of violating his probation.

Robert Campbell

Now he will be a Free Speech martyr, and safer in jail than on the outside,

Carol,

Why the continued delight in piling on this low-grade low-life?

He's a designated scapegoat.

That's all Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (aka aka aka ad infinitum) has ever been, ever since his craptastic production started getting publicity.

Here's the latest from Eli Lake, who's been a doing a great job tracking the people actually behind the Benghazi attacks:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/28/intercepts-show-attackers-on-u-s-consulate-in-benghazi-bragged-to-al-qaeda.html

Jihadis from Ansar al-Shari'a and Al Qa'eda in the Maghreb congratulating one another about the attack?

Who'd a thunk it?

If it turns out that Abu Sufyan ben Qumu was behind the attacks and the killings, will you call for him to be punished with nearly the vigor you've shown going after one low-grade low-life in Southern California?

Robert Campbell

um...Carol:

Really?

Adam

Well, I can argue than he will be safer than if he were kidnapped to Egypt. I didn't know the jail was full of fanatic Muslims. Surely there must be a few skinheads or wife beaters in there too.

Black Muslims have been recruiting in prisons and jails since the 1930's. The "Honorable Elijah Muhammad wrote Message to the Black Man in America then http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/1884855148.

I would highly suggest you read it because it is extremely enlightening. Malcom X was recruited in prison by a Black Muslim.

Additionally, there are a tremendous number of Jihadi Muslims, white, Arab etc. in prison and they heavily recruit there.

Adam

It's called interest, Robert.Following a story.And I never, once, called for the guy to be punished. I know he is a scapegoat and fall guy. I have said he had a moral responsibility - NOT a legal one-for the reactions to a project of which he was a part. I don't care what happens to him, and as I just said, I wish they had left him at large. I wasn't being ironic,

This thread is about the Gawdawful video, and I always assumed, and said that the Benghazi attacks were planned terrorist operations. If Qumu did it he deserves the fate of bin Laden only sooner.

Carol:

That being said, how do you feel about the most massive attempted cover-up since Watergate by President Incompetent?

The fact that he was informed two (2) days before the attack that there was credible evidence that a terrorist attack was going to happen in Benghazi by Al Qaeda .

The fact that one of the planners was an ex-Gitmo detainee.

The fact that the President specifically sent out his minions Rice, the spokes kid press secretary and other scum to purposely lie to the American public for purely political reasons.

The fact that four American citizens died.

The fact that this is the second Ambassador that has been killed in the last hundred or so years, the other being on the watch of the other incompetent "Jimma" Carter.

The fact that this administration did nothing to protect them.

How do feel about Mr. Nice Guy now?

Adam

The cover-up didn't go on nearly as long as the Watergate cover-up did, and the matter being covered up is different—not to mention, more serious.

But when intelligence agents had intercepted congratulatory messages from Ansar al-Shari'a and Al Qa'eda operatives within 24 hours of the attacks, it's damn clear that, for whatever reason, Barack Obama made statements about the causes of the attacks that he had reason to believe were false and misleading.

President Obama further instructed Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice and Jay Carney to make false and misleading statements that would match his own, then, for whatever reason, personally clung to his false story even after Hillary Clinton and various people in the intelligence community had dropped it.

Robert Campbell

Carol:

That being said, how do you feel about the most massive attempted cover-up since Watergate by President Incompetent?

Adam

Maybe the way you felt when Bush was lying in order to start the Iraq war.

Politicians lie and cover up. I don't think Obama is a good president. But I hope his lies are in the hope of preventing more war and violence, not encouraging it.

May the count of American dead not rise .

Carol:

Adam

Maybe the way you felt when Bush was lying in order to start the Iraq war.

Politicians lie and cover up. I don't think Obama is a good president. But I hope his lies are in the hope of preventing more war and violence, not encouraging it.

May the count of American dead not rise .

And your proof that Bush knowingly lied about what? The weapons of mass destruction?

Yes.

Carol:

Respectfully. You truly believe that Bush knew, with certainty, that there were no weapons of mass destruction?

And, that he then lied about it to get us into a war?

Interesting. All of the best intelligence entities in the world thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Iraq said that they had them.

Iraq had used them before. There is credible evidence that the stores of them that Iraq did have were moved to Syria, or, Lebanon, to the Bekar [sp?] Valley, in anticipation of a US attack.

I do not believe he lied about it. I also believe that Iraq did have those weapons.

Adam

Some people think Bush was lying and others not.

It doesn't really matter with a mistake that huge.

Once, back in São Paulo, during an orchestra rehearsal, I heard Maestro Eleazar de Carvalho say something that made an impression on me. He was talking to a musician who was not playing a passage correctly. He said, "Either you can't play it or you won't. Neither case serves me here." And he got rid of the musician.

I believe this is how many Americans ultimately felt about Bush as they elected Obama. Either he was lying or was one classic screw-up. Neither case served them in a President.

The good news is now it's Obama's turn at that kind of judgement.

Michael

Agreed.

The real screw up was the completely incompetent lack of any kind of plan once we won the initial battle which I thought would last about ten (10) days.

There was no intelligent plan to incorporate the existing power grids into a new government. That was the major blunder.

Post World War II models in Germany, Italy and Japan which worked were not followed.

For what it's worth, I think Dubya and his advisers screwed up on the WMD. At worst, some of them lapped over into reckless disregard for information that failed to confirm their suppositions.

Which still doesn't speak well of Dubya's performance.

Barack Obama's line on the Benghazi attacks has turned out be inconsistent with the views of many of his own advisers.

Which suggests that he's lying.

Even if he's merely screwed up, his foreign policy is in tatters.

Robert Campbell

Carol,

Any lies told by Barack Obama have the purpose of gaining or keeping political power for Barack Obama.

Nothing more.

May the count of American dead not rise.

If it doesn't, under President Obama's policies, he will be the beneficiary of sheer dumb luck.

Robert Campbell

Carol,

Any lies told by Barack Obama have the purpose of gaining or keeping political power for Barack Obama.

Nothing more.

May the count of American dead not rise.

If it doesn't, under President Obama's policies, he will be the beneficiary of sheer dumb luck.

Robert Campbell

Robert,

I agree with all of this. Politicians all want to get and keep power.

It is what they wish to use that power for, that concerns all of us. Romney's No Apology, jump-to-foregone conclusions mode, and the fact that most of his foreign policy advisors are Bushites, are scarier to me than Obama's blunderings.