Ron Paulites Unite

basimpson22

Hey all you Ron Paul supporters! If you're like me, you're anticipating a major disruption by our fellow Paulites at this weeks RNC and will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen. I created this thread as a way to get acquainted with my fellow Libertarians and Ron Paul supporters here on OL. So, please, introduce yourselves.

The RNC may go ahead with the roll call on Monday while it rallies the Romney delegates and tries to keep out the Ron Paul supporters who were led to believe the roll call has been postponed.

Welcome to the "bigs" rookie...! [<<<<a line from the Natural]

I don't know how to post a new topic, so I figured I would post it here. In the "Ron Paul Tribute" video from the RNC, I heard one of the best quotes I have ever heard from a politician.

Ron Paul said, "The role of government ought to be for the protection of liberty, not for the intrusion in our private lives, not for the intrusion in our economic affairs".

Phenomenal. Video:

There is no doubt that the RNC has the monopoly on corruption in this election. When Ron Paul's supporters achieved a plurality of delegates for Ron Paul in five states they met the requirement of the RNC rules so the RNC tried to change the rules in the middle of the game by changing the requirement to ten states not five.

When that didn't work because of one Virginia republican man of integrity they chose to invalidate the Maine convention and strip Ron Paul of the legitimate votes for delegates he had.

If you consider that a win by Mitt Romney of the process by corruption of the process and middle of the game rule changes then from an ethical standpoint Ron Paul won the nomination.

There is no doubt that the RNC has the monopoly on corruption in this election.

Are you actually going to assert this and prove it?

Please feel free to attempt to logically, with evidence make the case.

I have no doubt that since some court ruled out picture ID to cast a ballot that there is much more corruption to come mostly from the democrat party which has traditionally used all manner of fraud to collect more votes than they deserve. Someone will show up at the polls impersonating someone whose name appeared in an obituary in voting districts all across the country.

It is a fact that the GOP lowered itself to a variety of corrupt practices to shut out Ron Paul from speaking at the RNC convention.They found ways to strip Ron Paul of properly elected delegates in a number of states including MA. They invalidated the Maine convention results where Ron Paul won many delegates and replaced them with their own.

I am pleasantly surprised that the Ron Paul delegates did not disrupt the convention. I saw no Ron Paul signs at all and understand they were confiscated by the goon squad.

I do wish Ron Paul had been allowed to speak because he might have drawn attention to certain issues which were not discussed at all and I think it might have been educational and enlightening for those who heard it. The speeches were so filled with generalities that one learned nothing about the Federal Reserve or the Constitutional limits on the central government.

The mystical references were pathetic. Clint Eastwood was very entertaining. l wonder if Mitt Romney's wife might be willing to read any books one might recommend to her and then she could advocate for the audit of the Fed and its abolition. Maybe Paul Ryan would be open to such recommendations.

I didn't watch any of the convention. Getting rid of Obama is the only good thing; more bad things are coming from R-R.

I don't think much of Ron Paul, but to marginarize him and homogenize the convention means there will be no frontal assault on big government save by the laws of physics as the edifice topples over from it's own top-heaviness.

--Brant

MSK, sorry again! From now on I'll start threads like these in "Stumping in the Backyard". Anyways, I've held on to Ron Paul for too long. Whether or not there was corruption within his campaign, it doesn't matter. Ron Paul's bid for election is history. Now it's Gary Johnson all the way!

Aristocrates,

It has been said that Gary Johnson is no libertarian despite his accomplishments as governor of New Mexico, a republican re elected in a democratic state, with over 700 vetoes, cutting spending and the like. But he used a cost benefit analysis approach to government not the non aggression principle. I am not sure how this would apply if he were elected president.

Regarding Ron Paul I think his campaign lives on in the minds and hearts of his supporters and advocates. They know the campaign for freedom and restoration of the constitution goes on. And it does in such organizations as www.campaignforliberty.com and www.YALiberty.org which were started by Ron Paul and his supporters. Another is www.studentsforliberty.org which is growing and plans for worldwide presence. These will continue to grow and influence generations of young people all over the world.