OK, Come Clean, Who Switched The Randian With Mitt Romney's Body Today In Boston?

Apparently, according to Rush's last fifteen (15) minutes today, Romney delivered a speech that I can support completely.

If, from the two (2) clips Rush played, are representative of the totality of the speech!

Damn, someone lit a fire under Goody Two Shoes' ass!

Seems like this O'bama Virginia truthful statement will put the final knife in his pitiful administration.

Adam

The speech and the (followup video) make a couple of interesting points.

The first is that Romney, his writers and his ad people probably weren't citing Rand deliberately. Her ideas are so much the common coin that they didn't need to know that this is where their sentiments came from.

The second is a point that Tracinski has made. Principle and devotion to ideology have never been concerns of Romney's. He's they guy who'll do the pragmatic, "prudent" thing. Today, this is the pragmatic, vote-getting, non-ideological course of action.

Tax returns? We don't need no f'n tax returns...

http://www.rollcall....-1.html?pos=hln

"

Pelosi also suggested that the media should face disclosure requirements.

“Some people think the same standard should be held to the ownership of the news media in the country who are writing these stories about all of this. What do you think of that?” she asked.

"

I think she's trying to take the issue completely off the table, even in the media, for personal reasons. Hypocrisy anyone?

Maybe Obama’s advisors want to position their opponent as the Ayn Rand candidate. They think they can beat him more easily that way. I find the whole thing pretty baffling, but you can’t ignore the cheers Obama got when he said what he did. There are plenty of people who agree with him, including the subtext, and none of these types hang out on OL.

Instapundit picks up on the Taggart parallel with this choice quote:

“He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”

“Who?”

“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”

She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”

Tracinski adds another, from Phillip Rearden:

"He didn't dig that ore single-handed, did he? He had to employ hundreds of workers. They did it. Why does he think he's so good?"

Tax returns? We don't need no f'n tax returns...

http://www.rollcall....-1.html?pos=hln

"

Pelosi also suggested that the media should face disclosure requirements.

“Some people think the same standard should be held to the ownership of the news media in the country who are writing these stories about all of this. What do you think of that?” she asked.

"

I think she's trying to take the issue completely off the table, even in the media, for personal reasons. Hypocrisy anyone?

Standard ruling class arrogance.

--Brant

Anyone got a link to a transcript?

Mike

Apparently, according to Rush's last fifteen (15) minutes today, Romney delivered a speech that I can support completely.

If, from the two (2) clips Rush played, are representative of the totality of the speech!

Damn, someone lit a fire under Goody Two Shoes' ass!

Seems like this O'bama Virginia truthful statement will put the final knife in his pitiful administration.

Adam

Maybe Obama’s advisors want to position their opponent as the Ayn Rand candidate. They think they can beat him more easily that way. I find the whole thing pretty baffling, but you can’t ignore the cheers Obama got when he said what he did. There are plenty of people who agree with him, including the subtext, and none of these types hang out on OL.

Envy prevails.

Envy is as natural to failures as is breathing to living things.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Envy prevails.

Envy is as natural to failures as is breathing to living things.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I've experienced envy now and then over the years. That's why I know what envy is. I always evaluate and ID what's going on and discard it like snot on my tissue.

--Brant