As Wisconsin Goes...So Goes The Nation - Polls Just Closed In The Walker Recall Election...

Great Huffington Post Link with direct county by county comparisons to the 2010 election...

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/wisconsin-recall-results

119% turnout near Madison Wisconsin, the University and a liberal stronghold...http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/05/report-voter-turnout-119-percent-in-madison

How is that possible...easy... same day registration is permitted in Wisconsin. The unions have been busing in folks from Minnesota and other surrounding states and the unions are flying folks in from everywhere to really make sure that voter fraud is the rule of the day.

You just have to love the left's concept of a fair election...

It sounds like they will stop at nothing to win. I don't share your flip attitude. I think they are evil personified. Too much is at stake not just in this particular election but the future of freedom or the lack of it for our children and grandchildren.

It sounds like they will stop at nothing to win. I don't share your flip attitude. I think they are evil personified. Too much is at stake not just in this particular election but the future of freedom or the lack of it for our children and grandchildren.

Far from flip, Gulch. It is just like any competitive event. If the umpire is compromised, you perform so much better that they cannot even steal the game or competitive event from you.

This recall was a significant blunder by the marxists because they have now put Wisconsin in the Romney column as a probable swing state. This is a state that the pathetic Peter Principle President who temporarily occupies the White House won by fourteen percent [14%] in 2008.

Combine this with North Carolina and you have the shaping of a landslide victory.

Now, if the Supreme Court would be so kind to rule on the misnamed Affordable Care Act this week, it will be the third [3rd] early round body blow to the re-election campaign of this pathetic piece of pretender President's re-election campaign.

Now the program will be to continue to punch him in the gut and not let the bastard breath for the next 150 or so days.

Adam

Far from flip, Gulch. It is just like any competitive event. If the umpire is compromised, you perform so much better that they cannot even steal the game or competitive event from you.

This recall was a significant blunder by the marxists because they have now put Wisconsin in the Romney column as a probable swing state. This is a state that the pathetic Peter Principle President who temporarily occupies the White House won by fourteen percent [14%] in 2008.

Combine this with North Carolina and you have the shaping of a landslide victory.

Now, if the Supreme Court would be so kind to rule on the misnamed Affordable Care Act this week, it will be the third [3rd] early round body blow to the re-election campaign of this pathetic piece of pretender President's re-election campaign.

Now the program will be to continue to punch him in the gut and not let the bastard breath for the next 150 or so days.

Adam

I might share your optimism if the economy continues its dismal performance clean into September. There is no way the Obamanation is going to survive a bad economy.

Obama has run out of ploys. The economy is slack. It has lost its elasticity. No more government bailout will avail. The real worry is if Romney wins can we reconstitute the economy sufficiently so its normal healing powers kick in.

Ba'al Chatzaf

9:58 pmmichael-d-shear.png

Michael D. Shear

Walker Survives Recall Vote

06wisco-9-blog480.jpgNarayan Mahon for The New York TimesSupporters of Gov. Scott Walker watched election results trickle in on Tuesday night at the Waukesha Expo Center.

Scott Walker, the embattled Republican governor of Wisconsin, narrowly survived a recall vote on Tuesday, based on early returns and exit polls, defeating a union-led effort to remove him from office for pushing laws to restrict the collective bargaining rights of state workers.

The state's labor movement had marshaled widespread anger earlier this year to force a recall vote just two years into Mr. Walker's four-year term. Democrats collected close to one million signatures in the petition drive to oust him.

That effort led to the closely-watched rematch between Mr. Walker and the Democratic opponent he beat in 2010, Tom Barrett, the mayor of Milwaukee. In the voting Tuesday, Mr. Walker once again bested Mr. Barrett for the state's top job.

The results were a victory for the national Republican Party and conservative groups from around the country, which had rallied behind Mr. Walker with tens of millions of dollars. Mr. Walker will now complete his term.

And they were a blow to the labor movement and Democrats, who had sought to link Mr. Walker to a conservative movement that they said is hostile to workers rights.

But the red-hot frustration among workers that led to the recall appeared to subside over recent months as the race between Mr. Walker and Mr. Barrett became less about unions and more about the general economic mood of the country.

Neither President Obama nor Mitt Romney, his Republican challenger, campaigned for their party nominee in Wisconsin in the final weeks, prompting speculation that neither wanted to assume the risks of a loss.

The campaign in Wisconsin, coming just five months before the presidential election, was being watched by both sides as potential evidence of how voters are feeling.

But it's unclear that Mr. Walker's victory will translate into a clear benefit for Mr. Romney in the fall. Wisconsin voters said in early exit polls that they would vote to re-elect Mr. Obama to the White House if the voting were taking place today.

Mr. Obama also bested Mr. Romney on the question of who would do a better job of improving the economy. And the president did better among the Wisconsin voters on the question of who could do a better job of helping the middle class, according to the survey.

That may reflect a queasiness with recall elections. A large majority of the voters who turned out on Tuesday said recall elections are only appropriate when incumbents are accused of official misconduct.

"Narrowly wins" ?? I guess a 50.1 to 49.9% democrat win would be a landslide.

Mikee:

"...narrowly survived a recall vote on Tuesday..." This is the scum of the NY Times performing their "news-speak" on the intellectually challenged readership that still buys into their bullshit.

With 83.9% of the precincts counted, Walker has 54.40 % of the vote to Barret's 45.00 % which is what we call in the biz ...a fucking landslide, ass kicking victory.

185,000 plus margin with about 2,000,000 votes cast.

Adam

Post Script: Walker is taking 63 61 of the 72 counties in Wisconsin.

I stopped reading the NY Times after my dad died in 1993. He wanted to read it. It's garbage. It's a traitor newspaper. The champion of Castro. The champion of Soviet genocide--by zipping its lip.

--Brant

I stopped reading the NY Times after my dad died in 1993. He wanted to read it. It's garbage. It's a traitor newspaper. The champion of Castro. The champion of Soviet genocide--by zipping its lip.

--Brant

Yes indeed, other than great cross word puzzles and an adequate sports section, it is best utilized to line bird cages.

"Narrowly wins" ?? I guess a 50.1 to 49.9% democrat win would be a landslide.

Mikee:

"...narrowly survived a recall vote on Tuesday..." This is the scum of the NY Times performing their "news-speak" on the intellectually challenged readership that still buys into their bullshit.

With 83.9% of the precincts counted, Walker has 54.40 % of the vote to Barret's 45.00 % which is what we call in the biz ...a fucking landslide, ass kicking victory.

Good for Walker and democracy. He keeps office and the world moves on. I point out that the quote from the Traitorous NYT included this phrase contextualizing its early report of a 'narrow win.' (emphasis added): based on early returns and exit polls

I think it could be true that all of us, each one, is sometimes stupefied by prejudice. That the New York Times is or was a champion of Fidel Castro ... I do wonder how Brant knows this, having ignored the Gray Lady for nineteen years.

Edited by william.scherk

I read the damn thing every day for 25 years. I read other stuff too. How do I know George Washington was the first President under the Constitution since I only visited the White House once, in 1960? Google Walter Duranty and Herbert Matthews.

--Brant

This will make teacher's unions cry.

Therefore I support it.

Well, this at least gives me some hope for the future.

A fine victory for a superPAC

A.K.A. "free speech."

Ghs

It's still good to see the right thing get done once in a while. After the last couple of years we could use some real "hope".

I point out that the quote from the Traitorous NYT included this phrase contextualizing its early report of a 'narrow win.' (emphasis added): based on early returns and exit polls

WSS,

The "exit poll" for this election was a joke. At the very least, the pollsters didn't see fit to ask whether voters came from a private-sector or a public employee union household. I wonder whether one was actually conducted at all.

In any event, the early returns were 60 to 40% for Walker. The areas most inclined to vote for any Democrat (in Dane County and Milwaukee County, which went for Barrett at the same rates as they had in 2010) didn't get counted till later, hence Walker ended up with 53%.

Robert Campbell

One reason to doubt the exit polls in this election is that they said it was too close to call, neck-and-neck and the like, when in the end Walker won by seven points.

Folks:

No one within the political consulting industry has paid any attention to exist polls for approximately four (4) to six (6) years. They were always suspect from a methodological perspective.

Now, you take your life in your hands by honestly answering an exit poll in an election like the Wisconsin recall election.

Adam

153 days and counting till we remove the embarrassment from the White House

So Carol, is it your contention that the electorate was controlled by the alleged spending on the Walker side?

My favorite video of the Wisconsin election day is of the lead by example act of one of Barret's supporters after he conceded to Walker...

and the Tea Party is the violent group...right!!!!

No, not controlled, but if one voice is twice as loud and constant, its words will be absorbed more.

And you actually believe that. Ok.

So, in this election did it make the difference in your considered opinion?