Karl Pilkington

Dglgmut

I wouldn't be surprised if some Objectivists liked this guy. He's not an intellectual, but he's brutally honest which is hilarious to a lot of people. He was the producer of Ricky Gervais' radio show in England, where he was discovered by Ricky to be an extremely naturally funny, paradox of idiocy and genius.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/Cx2GA_FaLMU

They also did a podcast for 6+ seasons, which was later picked up and animated for HBO, as well as going in the Guinness Book of World Records for Most Downloaded Podcast.

The clip is from the last episode of An Idiot Abroad season 1, a documentary of Karl being taken around the world to see each of the 7 Wonders. Ricky tries to annoy Karl as much as possible in the documentary, planning things that he knows Karl will hate.

He's gotten quite popular for just being himself.

• 1 month later...

I love Karl Pilkington, he is fantastic. I have seen most of the ricky gervais show and I have seen all of the Idiot Abroad. Im surprized no one else has posted some form of praise to the monumental figure that is Pilkington...

• 3 weeks later...

I know, eh?

It's hard to pick a clip to introduce people to him... but I have to try one more because I think this may be one of the best and most accessible.

Bear in mind that Ricky has been trying to convince Karl to get a prostate exam for about 10 years and Karl has been adamant the whole time that he will not.

I think if John Galt is the ideal man, then Karl Pilkington is the ideal idiot.

• 2 weeks later...