Rand through a Nietzsche filter

Hey!

Dammit!

What about us Masons! We have all the secret handshakes! The all seeing eye! The Pyramid thingy! All those geometric things!

ARK_387x215.gif

Blazing_Star_120x120.jpg

all-seeing_eye-.gif

S_and_C_blue_229x224.gif

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

Dammit!

What about us Masons! We have all the secret handshakes! The all seeing eye! The Pyramid thingy! All those geometric things!

ARK_387x215.gif

Blazing_Star_120x120.jpg

all-seeing_eye-.gif

S_and_C_blue_229x224.gif

Jeez Adam, don't mention lodges! They'll find out it was us!

Ithink we better bring you in from the field for awhile, you seem to be cracking up.

ISS

Gord

Xray, in case I was thoughtless, "horse opera" is old reviewspeak for "western movie", another such term is "standard oater".Your English is so fluent that I often forget it is not your first language and you might be puzzled by outdated slang or journalese. Hope you enjoy them anyway, as I do.

Carol, I did not know the term "horse opera", but guessed from the context it might refer ot Western movies.

But as for "standard oater", without your info, I would have had no idea it means Western movie. "Oater" - does this have somehting to do with the oats frequently fed to the horses in these fllms?

As for Germans being into "horse operas" - that's right. I had a phase when I was quite a fan too, but somehow I never got to see one of the greatest, of the genre: The Glorious Seven. Gotta catch up and fill that gap!

Of Kurosawa's films, I've only see Rashomon, but it looks like I missed something in not having seen The Seven Samurai and Ran. I think I'll order them from Amazon. This is another thing I like about OL: one always gets inspired by co-posters.

And did I get it right that there is a Play Nice Party scheduled over here?? (I still regret the one that never took place at Riggenbach's Bear's Lair, (I think this is what he calls his residence). I then had to eat all the calorie-loaded 'Dallmayr' delicatessen goodies myself. I bravely sacrificed myself, so to speak. :D ).

Xray, in case I was thoughtless, "horse opera" is old reviewspeak for "western movie", another such term is "standard oater".Your English is so fluent that I often forget it is not your first language and you might be puzzled by outdated slang or journalese. Hope you enjoy them anyway, as I do.

Carol, I did not know the term "horse opera", but guessed from the context it might refer ot Western movies.

But as for "standard oater", without your info, I would have had no idea it means Western movie. "Oater" - does this have somehting to do with the oats frequently fed to the horses in these fllms?

As for Germans being into "horse operas" - that's right. I had a phase when I was quite a fan too, but somehow I never got to see The Glorious Seven.

Of Kurosawa's films, I only saw Rashomon, but it looks like I missed something in not having seen The Seven Samurai and Ran. I think I'll order them from Amazon. This is another thing I like about OL: one always gets inspired by co-posters.

And did I get it right that there is a Play Nice Party scheduled over here?? (I still regret the one that fell flat at Riggenbach's Bear's Lair, I think this what he calls his residence. I then had to eat all the calorie-loaded Dallmayer delicatessen goodies myself. I bravely sacrificed myself, so to speak. :D ).

You bet, it's devolved into a permanent BYOB though, and the cupcakes are all gone I'm afraid. We're all trying to coax Adam out of his gully right now, hope you can take over a shift when you get here.

Ha!

Like I would trust cannibals!

Plenty of ammunition in the bunker we are building.

So bring on your decadent Hessians! Did not work out well for them when our fearless Masonic Leader Georgie Boy Washington crossed the Delaware did it!

Adam

note from the bunker

Post Script:

Tell the haughty Hessian cannibal that it is THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

I will also post the entire thread in a blog post, if nobody minds.

William,

I thought of asking you not to do this on OL as I don't like the idea of the forum being used as a repository for leftovers from a hostile venue, but I reflected on it. My suggestion is to post it on a new thread in The Garbage Pile.

I believe that would satisfy the overlap tightrope of all the different vanities involved.

This is not a mandatory suggestion, of course. You are free to do as you wish. But if the thing later degenerates into a nasty mess, The Garbage Pile is probably where it would end up, anyway.

Glad I asked. The full thread is far too long for a Blog post, anyway -- and way, waaaaay too long for a real thread here, even if in the Dump.

If anyone wants it, the whole mangy thing, I can zip the files and send an attachment (Hi Janet!) -- the files would open a local HMTL content/web page in browsers.

On the 'cupcakes' issue, I am baking tonight.

Edited by william.scherk

Ha!

Like I would trust cannibals!

Plenty of ammunition in the bunker we are building.

So bring on your decadent Hessians! Did not work out well for them when our fearless Masonic Leader Georgie Boy Washington crossed the Delaware did it!

Adam

note from the bunker

Post Script:

Tell the haughty Hessian cannibal that it is THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

Adam, it's me, Daunce. I know you can hear me. Look, Brant was just joking..honest, he does not want to eat you, neither do the rest of us.We just want you to come to the nice party, What the...look, it would help to nourish a fruitful discussion here if you would PUT DOWN THE FREAKIN CROSSBOW!!

Miss Angela's coming...you trust her don't you? That silly idea that she has two brains that are fighting with each other, you know that wasn't her...she knows loooots of little boys who don't want to come out of their gullies, but they all want to come out and go to a party with Miss Angela don't they? They are brave boys who know they won't get eaten.....

[We're all trying to coax Adam out of his gully right now, hope you can take over a shift when you get here.

Glad to be of service. I know 'service' sounds somewhat duty-like, but I hasten to add that no 'collective' pressure or 'call of duty' is involved here; I'll take over the shift of my own free will. :)

I'm getting kinda tickled by George's efforts to sway the crazy with reason (over on SLOP).

I think he hears the same dog whistle of the crazies I do, but he thinks that commonality will allow him to teach the dog to sing.

Ain't gonna happen.

Dogs bark because they can't not bark.

And they can't sing.

Ever.

The best they can do is howl...

:)

Michael

... it is THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

Oops! I plead mitigating circumstances because of a linguistic 'interference' phenomenon coming into play: the German title of the film is 'The Glorious Seven' ("Die glorreichen Sieben").

Angela:

I kinda thought that was what happened.

Yul Brenner. Steve McQueen. Charles Bronson. James Coburn. Robert Vaughn, the guy from the man from UNCLE. Horst Buchholz. Eli Wallach.

Phenomenal cast.

I'm getting kinda tickled by George's efforts to sway the crazy with reason (over on SLOP).

I think he hears the same dog whistle of the crazies I do, but he thinks that commonality will allow him to teach the dog to sing.

Ain't gonna happen.

And they can't sing.

Ever.

:smile:

Michael

George is just dressing out his game.

--Brant

[We're all trying to coax Adam out of his gully right now, hope you can take over a shift when you get here.

Glad to be of service. I know 'service' sounds somewhat duty-like, but I hasten to add that no 'collective' pressure or 'call of duty' is involved here; I'll take over the shift of my own free will. :smile:

Thank you,that is wonderful and rational of you, and good too because if you did not do it volitionally we would have to coerce you, we are all worn out.

Ain't gonna happen.

And they can't sing.

Ever.

Michael

--Brant

The train wreck you can't look away from. From me who knows zero about computers, the idea of a lady with what, four blogs, at least two current forum memberships, and who knows how many past ones (she wrote something once about "the gestapo came in the middle of the night" from one of them) emails and conducts all her business online --- and maybe somewhere in the world a few people who don't like her --- gets hacked, and decides that her new/old computer's autism is due to that pesky OL vaccine.

Janet, your lovely hackerboy geniuses are just feeding your paranoia.

You said they gave you $1000 worth of services, but there really is no free lunch.

However superior a customer and cheap a tipper you are.

I have solved one of my problems. How to help Janet not get her thread closed down. I figure George can get away with posting to SOLO since he is a personage. So, I follow him out the door at SOLO in re Janet with a cheery introduction of a blog where I can put Janet's DELETED posts back up one by one in tribute. At the moment, there is but a one hour window to become an adminstrator or writer at the new blog. Janet of course, as a possible future leader of the JPNP, along with current leader WSS, Carol, PDS and provisionally Tony. You may nominate yourself to the collective writer pool right now by copying the values below, or just send me an OL message backstage.

Can write at nontelleck, since I sent them an email. Janet thus need to message me with an emailThenkyouverrymuch.

................[PDS]

william.scherk@....

jrsowl@... [JONATHAN for images fresh]

................[Tony]

notaphilosopher.stuart@... [for devilish delights]

MikellyUSAbr@... [for piquant musings]

NinthDr@... [for the music]

................[Jeff]

EGould@... [Ellen]

.................[Adam]

.................[Angela] Just shoot me a message with a throwaway email and you and bog's your uncle.

.................[Janet]

.................[George]

I have the Logo almost done. I want to get a stamp done with the logo, and also have a stencil done for out cupcakes. I still have not heard from Riggenbach. All our plans hinge on him and Ninth Doctor. I hope we can pull together for the sake of the party.

Here is the background bare bones of the logo. To come are the cupcakes and other symbols (thank you Adam for the all-seeing eye). Long live DELETED!

See the antics at "Nontelleckchewal Terrist" -- http://nontelleckche...t.blogspot.com/

gZ0E.jpeg+ gZ0Q.jpeg+gZ0Y.jpeg+all-seeing_eye-.gif+gZ1x.jpeg

Edited by william.scherk

All our plans hinge on him and Ninth Doctor. I hope we can pull together for the sake of the party.

Say what? What do you need me to do?

Wake up Riggenbach and tell him he has three months to live (until the party). Besides that, just succinct musical punctuation.

Bill, while you are super-smart I know you are in over your head. Why? Janet needs her audience. You want to ghettoize her. She lost OL because of her posting limitations. Unlike Xray she doesn't have the brains and strength to transcend them. So she repaired to SOLO. Now you want, in your own solicitous way, to save her by denying her that platform with a cookie. I say, let her have what she wants. She's got it now. You can't rescue her. She doesn't want to be rescued. She wants to be what she thinks she is. You don't crash and crush the reality of a 77 yo; you do that with the 20 yos. The first is killed, maybe. The second is saved, maybe. What I know is in one month I will be 68 yo and I can take anything. Let me have it! Why is this? I know and I know it's quite rare. But it does make me very sensitive to all this.

--Brant

now, how do we deal with her nonsense?--simply ignore it once it's been IDed

she cares not about her deleted posts, only that they've been deleted = she is a victim!

Ain't gonna happen.

And they can't sing.

Ever.

Michael

--Brant

The train wreck you can't look away from. From me who knows zero about computers, the idea of a lady with what, four blogs, at least two current forum memberships, and who knows how many past ones (she wrote something once about "the gestapo came in the middle of the night" from one of them) emails and conducts all her business online --- and maybe somewhere in the world a few people who don't like her --- gets hacked, and decides that her new/old computer's autism is due to that pesky OL vaccine.

Janet, your lovely hackerboy geniuses are just feeding your paranoia.

You said they gave you $1000 worth of services, but there really is no free lunch.

However superior a customer and cheap a tipper you are.

Is that a fact?