Rand through a Nietzsche filter

In this, a moment of weakness, I shall join the "Janet Play Nice" Party. As a word of warning, however, when the whistle blows, I may refuse to come out of the trenches. So don't count on me to cover any flanks.
Very nice WWI metaphor!

Hmmph - a bit over the top, I thought!

Very nicely done, Tony, especially for a foreigner. :cool:

A properly executed double entendre is akin to banking an 8 iron onto a wind swept green, surrounded by waters, with one or two Nassaus on the line. Makes you want to keep playing the game, so to speak. Also makes that pint on the 19th hole taste all that much better.

Take that, Foucault. Life doesn't suck one bit.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this, a moment of weakness, I shall join the "Janet Play Nice" Party. As a word of warning, however, when the whistle blows, I may refuse to come out of the trenches. So don't count on me to cover any flanks.
Very nice WWI metaphor!

Very nicely done, Tony, especially for a foreigner. :cool:

A properly executed double entendre is akin to banking an 8 iron onto a wind swept green, surrounded by waters, with one or two Nassaus on the line. Makes you want to keep playing the game, so to speak. Also makes that pint on the 19th hole taste all that much better.

Take that, Foucault. Life doesn't suck one bit.

Ahh ...perfect. A golfer. I have suffered from the disease since I was about six (6) years old.

Remember Mark Twain's slice at the game:

Golf...a great walk ruined.

Very nice WWI metaphor!

Very nice extension on the metaphor Tony! lol

Nice? it's genius. It was the Commonwealth troops who covered the bony aristocratic flanks of the British, and the beefy American rumps who finished off the Hun in that war.

Take a bow, Tony. BOW, hint, wink.

Unfortunately, how you could somehow get men to do this is still astounding...

Paths of Glory Kubrick's first film...

In this, a moment of weakness, I shall join the "Janet Play Nice" Party.

Suddenly, I can dream of matching funding from Elections Canada! Well, first we have to get five MPs into the Commons.

Okay, so we need a name, logo, presiding officer, and an accountant, and that's about it. We can start fundraising tea/golf/beer parties at any time.

Everyone's a critic all of a sudden. I too want to play nice and am icing the cupcakes, so say sorry to PDS and wash your hands Tony, you know you will have a good time at the party.

Wow, we have three members of the Janet Play Nice Party (oh, and we might need to translate that to French, for Grandpa Foux-Cault).

I know -- we have enough members to have a leadership race, a brawling old-style tub-thumper of a race. I have decided to resign, effective immediately. I will stand for leader in a democratic election only. Leadership is now wide open. I have approached a SuperPac consultant whom I can only name as "Adam" to offer electoral advice in exchange for cup cakes ...

My first official statement as candidate: "We need party money. I will do anything for a party, within reason. I suggest an outreach campaign. Carol, can we put a price-tag on those cupcakes and sell outside IGA until we get enough good beer for Jeff Riggenbach?"

My platform is

• Tea, glorious tea, untaxed tea;
  • Beer, glorious beer
  • Snacks, glorious snacks
  • Handshakes, loud voices and laughter
  • A nap room for those who over-do it
  • Golf, glorious golf
  • War stories

Edited by william.scherk

Very nicely done, Tony, especially for a foreigner. :cool: A properly executed double entendre is akin to banking an 8 iron onto a wind swept green, ...

"Foreigner"!

Pshaw.

Uppity Colonials! (and what's worse, they steal our game.)

I never took to golf, but know some who have, PDS.

When first I took a look at it, I estimated 275 probable club swings, then another (approx) 122 points of contact with the ball.

Leaving the odds of that ONE perfect play at a zillion to one, or something.

Blind faith and optimism.

Don't let me put you off your stroke, though...

:devil:

In this, a moment of weakness, I shall join the "Janet Play Nice" Party.

Suddenly, I can dream of matching funding from Elections Canada! Well, first we have to get five MPs into the Commons.

Okay, so we need a name, logo, presiding officer, and an accountant, and that's about it. We can start fundraising tea/golf/beer parties at any time.

Everyone's a critic all of a sudden. I too want to play nice and am icing the cupcakes, so say sorry to PDS and wash your hands Tony, you know you will have a good time at the party.

Wow, we have three members of the Janet Play Nice Party (oh, and we might need to translate that to French, for Grandpa Foux-Cault).

I know -- we have enough members to have a leadership race, a brawling old-style tub-thumper of a race. I have decided to resign, effective immediately. I will stand for leader in a democratic election only. Leadership is now wide open. I have approached a SuperPac consultant whom I can only name as "Adam" to offer electoral advice in exchange for cup cakes ...

My first official statement as candidate: "We need party money. I will do anything for a party, within reason. I suggest an outreach campaign. Carol, can we put a price-tag on those cupcakes and sell outside IGA until we get enough good beer for Jeff Riggenbach?"

My platform is

• Tea, glorious tea, untaxed tea;
  • Beer, glorious beer
  • Snacks, glorious snacks
  • Handshakes, loud voices and laughter
  • A nap room for those who over-do it
  • Golf, glorious golf
  • War stories

Not so fast, WSS. You got us into this likely quagmire, so you can't bail as our leader now.

Some are thrust into greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them--just ask Messir L. Peikoff...

Stroke...balls...holes - geez can we get our minds out of this sexual gutter - it is all the Canadian widow woman's fault!

Now thrusts!

1704417fmmcm5mxkl.gif

2799508px1n4rb4nm.jpg

Ms Stuttle, although you have retained Mr Valliant in this matter, I will not retract. I stand by my sources who include the ex-boyfriend in question and several severely intoxicated Delta Deltas.

Carol,

I have heard the cashmere sweater was actually for straining paints for purity before mixing them in liquor bottles.

It's a special technique done only by artists in the know.

Do we have the same sources?

Michael

We have been researching the paint-straining story for years, and have hit a dead end with Ms Stuttle's allergist, so maybe we could pool our resources here? My people could meet your people and share info - only they would have to meet somewhere close to here, as my people can barely locate their own feet much less use them to get somewhere. The intern program is not all it's cracked up to be.

Stroke...balls...holes - geez can we get our minds out of this sexual gutter - it is all the Canadian widow woman's fault!

Now thrusts!

1704417fmmcm5mxkl.gif

2799508px1n4rb4nm.jpg

Sure, that's right blame Canada. You know your secret wish is to be thrust upon, that is to say into, a large hole with ucky greasy oil at the bottom of it, called Alberta.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I wish to say to the Honourable Member for Leftcoast Kookiepants that untaxed tea threatens the deepest values of all Canadians, and has been shown to cause chaos, famine and lowered real estate values wherever it has been introduced. I will assume his proposal was made in error and demand that he withdraw it.

In a recent post on SOLO Janet mentions "the Hackers at OL who took down my computer yesterday."

Question: What is worse than a Foucauldian?

Answer: A paranoid Foucauldian.

Ghs

This whole janet blog thing is incomprehensible to me. I know zero about IT and hacking, and have never seen it discussed here that I remember, the only time I saw it mentioned was a couple times by Janet herself, talking about "hackerboyz" and her boyfriend laughing about something he "did for her". without any joking, this does seem to exhibit actual paranoia, a clinical condition I know a fair bit about.

George,

I just went there and got quite a kick out of her bluffing.

Imagine a hacker with the massive smarts and equipment needed to hack Google (Blogger), but stupid enough to leave "cookie trails" all over the place.

This lady should teach hacking, she should...

:smile:

Michael

EDIT: It just occurred to me that hacking her and somehow getting her Google password would not be too hard for a person used to doing that sort of thing. Then the hacker could simply log into her account and delete her blog from there. That's actually plausible.

FURTHER EDIT: I just ran a test to see if my hunch was right and it was. I'm almost 100% sure Google deleted her blog. Here's proof, but people interested can only check it for the next couple of days or so.

This dork has 5 different websites in her signature. For those interested, type the following commands into a normal Google search, one after the other. All you have to do is copy and paste exactly as I have posted them.

site:http://intellectualterrorist2.blogspot.com/

site:http://cosmopolisfilm2.blogspot.com/

site:http://moviesandfilm.blogspot.com/

site:http://guerrillablog2.blogspot.com/

site:http://focusfree.blogspot.com/

What you will find is only one result for the first one (intellectualterrorist2) and that will be for the current empty blog registered under Selene.

You will find several pages for each of the others.

Now here's what happens. If someone deletes a blog (or a hacker logs into another person's account and deletes a site), there will still be several days before the search engine results disappear from Google's index. This means that the pages would still appear in the search results as if the blog still existed. So even though the links to the site from Google's search results would no longer work, the search results would still be displayed just like they are for the other four blogs.

They would only disappear after Google's bot crawled the site again and detected that there was no site there. Even then, I don't know how long it would take for the search results to disappear. I have seen results for inner pages endure for several days after the home page address disappears from the index.

Now, if Google itself deletes a Blogger blog, it scrubs the search engine results of the entire site right then and there. Kablooyee. It has decided that the offending site is garbage and wants it totally out of its system pronto.

No results left over is precisely what is currently showing for the intellectualterrorist2 url. Or not showing to be exact. And this leads to the conclusion that Google had to have done it.

Like I said, after a couple of days or so, this test will no longer be valid as the bots will charge forth to do their spidery crawling.

Very nicely done, Tony, especially for a foreigner. :cool: A properly executed double entendre is akin to banking an 8 iron onto a wind swept green, ...

"Foreigner"!

Pshaw.

Uppity Colonials! (and what's worse, they steal our game.)

I never took to golf, but know some who have, PDS.

When first I took a look at it, I estimated 275 probable club swings, then another (approx) 122 points of contact with the ball.

Leaving the odds of that ONE perfect play at a zillion to one, or something.

Blind faith and optimism.

Don't let me put you off your stroke, though...

:devil:

Club swings are what he played hockey for, Tony. Even though he did refer to when his club swung through Edmonton as "going to Guantanamo." Long before 9/11 though!

Scherk, you better take that tea tax leg out of your platform, ankle,slat, plank,whatever. You are looking at losing the Tea and Quilting Party support from Land o'Goshen Bay right through to Bras D'Or, and I got that from Nellie who got it from Aunt Dinah herself.

Cue Ninth - in your repertoire?

It looks like Seymour/Janet is saying that her computer was mucked up, as well as one of her blogs being deleted. See the full details of the account she gives on SOLO of what happened.

Could it be that two things occurred coincidentally on the same day, Google deleting the blog and a prankster messing around with Seymour/Janet's computer?

Apparently there are "Objecti-hooligans" who have caused or tried to cause troubles for some posters here, Ninth being one of them -- see his User profile.

#105431, thread "Cronenberg's Dangerous Method..."

x-ray surprised that posted

Submitted by seymourblogger on Fri, 2012-02-17 21:29.

as I got access denied on it. So now I know it's a leftover from the hacking, or it's just a glitch that because it coincided with the hacking makes me think in paranoid mode.

Truth again eh?

See you didn't believe me. You don't believe me because with you I have no credibility. So are we talking truth or credibility? That's a question.

Yesterday either it was you or daunce, I do honestly forget, that clicked on the link I believe I sent to you: http://intellectualterrorsim2.... at OL and the link went to http://ntellectualterrorism2.blogspot.com and what came up over at OL was a black blank page instead of my blog. a couple of people commented that they got a blank page. Selene coomented the same when he clicked on the link.

So I clicked on it. I was at McDonald's at the time, a well protected wifi saccess backed up by McDonald money and lawyers. I didn't think much about it as I thought it was a prank of MSK to mess with the code of my link. Big deal.

I went home on my desktop, emailed for awhile and noticed how clunky my email was going. I went back to OL to check and got the same blank page. Then I put my blog address in the google search engine and came up with the fake blog page again. Selene's name was on its profile so I emailed selene to ask him about it. He said he had been asked for an email address and put it in. So I thought that that was the key that opened the code, the virus?

Then the shit started to come down. Email crawled, little frames of posts with brant gaede's name kept popping up on my screen asking me to kill or wait, out of virtual memory, and soon I could go nowhere. I was afraid to use another computer as I had figured that was now a virus on my home desktop, and I didn't want to infect the others.

Anonymous Hacker came over licking his lips and in 10 minutes had the problem solved. Starting at Objectivist Living through Mauretania- South Africa- to London. Who on OL is London based? Bingo! Get z's twitter account and Bingo again!

You know how they accuse me of sloppy posting, well they left "cookie" trails all over thinking she is just an old lady who won't know why her computer is fucked. She'll probably have to go buy a new one. (Just my imagination cooking.)

And that x-ray is the story as briefly as possible. I have no doubt they will return to the scene of the crime. I am waiting.

Am I perceived as so dangerous they have to do that? Am I so annoying they can't ignore? Am I so..................? I have no idea.

What do you think? What is "true" or "credible"?

It looks like Seymour/Janet is saying that her computer was mucked up, as well as one of her blogs being deleted. See the full details of the account she gives on SOLO of what happened.

Could it be that two things occurred coincidentally on the same day, Google deleting the blog and a prankster messing around with Seymour/Janet's computer?

Apparently there are "Objecti-hooligans" who have caused or tried to cause troubles for some posters here, Ninth being one of them -- see his User profile.

#105431, thread "Cronenberg's Dangerous Method..."

x-ray surprised that posted

Submitted by seymourblogger on Fri, 2012-02-17 21:29.

as I got access denied on it. So now I know it's a leftover from the hacking, or it's just a glitch that because it coincided with the hacking makes me think in paranoid mode.

Truth again eh?

See you didn't believe me. You don't believe me because with you I have no credibility. So are we talking truth or credibility? That's a question.

Yesterday either it was you or daunce, I do honestly forget, that clicked on the link I believe I sent to you: http://intellectualterrorsim2.... at OL and the link went to http://ntellectualte...m2.blogspot.com and what came up over at OL was a black blank page instead of my blog. a couple of people commented that they got a blank page. Selene coomented the same when he clicked on the link.

So I clicked on it. I was at McDonald's at the time, a well protected wifi saccess backed up by McDonald money and lawyers. I didn't think much about it as I thought it was a prank of MSK to mess with the code of my link. Big deal.

I went home on my desktop, emailed for awhile and noticed how clunky my email was going. I went back to OL to check and got the same blank page. Then I put my blog address in the google search engine and came up with the fake blog page again. Selene's name was on its profile so I emailed selene to ask him about it. He said he had been asked for an email address and put it in. So I thought that that was the key that opened the code, the virus?

Then the shit started to come down. Email crawled, little frames of posts with brant gaede's name kept popping up on my screen asking me to kill or wait, out of virtual memory, and soon I could go nowhere. I was afraid to use another computer as I had figured that was now a virus on my home desktop, and I didn't want to infect the others.

Anonymous Hacker came over licking his lips and in 10 minutes had the problem solved. Starting at Objectivist Living through Mauretania- South Africa- to London. Who on OL is London based? Bingo! Get z's twitter account and Bingo again!

You know how they accuse me of sloppy posting, well they left "cookie" trails all over thinking she is just an old lady who won't know why her computer is fucked. She'll probably have to go buy a new one. (Just my imagination cooking.)

And that x-ray is the story as briefly as possible. I have no doubt they will return to the scene of the crime. I am waiting.

Am I perceived as so dangerous they have to do that? Am I so annoying they can't ignore? Am I so..................? I have no idea.

What do you think? What is "true" or "credible"?

Google didn't delete my blog. It's stil there. Just not accessible from this site or google search. No one gets to me through that way anyway.

And the one that was messed with here is exactly the one with the Rand post brant was so upset about.

OK, this is interesting re the "mirror site."

Here's my post #291 again:

I just tried clicking the blog link again:

http://intellectualterrorist2.blogspot.com/

A blog site comes up -- but not Seymourblogger's.

Tsktsk.

Ellen

Clicking the link there still takes me to the dark page giving "Selene" as the blogger.

Likewise, if I click the link in the sig. line to one of Seymour's posts.

However, if I paste "http://intellectualterrorism2.blogspot.com" (sans quote marks) into my browser, I'm taken to an active, cluttered site.

Ellen

You mean she wasn't pissed off? I think she was and is.

Brant.

In reality? Who knows?

I, myself, seriously doubt it. But it doesn't matter in this game.

She's pissed in the story she tells. She has to be for her imagined payoff.

That's the important part...

Michael

So brant is wondering if I am pissed off? Hmmmmmmm.

However, if I paste "http://intellectualterrorism2.blogspot.com" (sans quote marks) into my browser, I'm taken to an active, cluttered site.

Ellen,

That is interesting.

This is beyond my competence right now.

Despite her childishness, I'm relieved. I'm glad her work was not destroyed.

Whether it's worth anything is another issue (I suspect not), but as a creator, I don't like this kind of anonymous destruction.

Michael

EDIT: I just opened the page source for both blogs and couldn't find anything that would explain this in the header section. There are some minor discrepancies, but nothing at my level of knowledge I could detect that would explain it. This is interesting, but I have other priorities right now. I'm going to look into it later, though. I'm thinking about getting in touch with Google to see what the hell is going on.