Rick Perry

After a hefty review of all the current GOP candidates (hours on the internet) and their records as elected officials and where they stand on the issues, I Blackhorse, am giving my support to Rick Perry. It looks as though he is gaining a lot of ground since Iowa, thanks in large part to Rush Limbaugh and the voters really going over the leftover candidates with a microscope. Regardless of what one thinks of his drawl as a Texan he is the most qualified GOP candidate for President of the USA. Iexpect him to do very well in NH, and slam dunking in South Carolina. Hear hear!

The debate on MSNBC today at nine am was OK, and a bit of rancor and feistiness were shown. Perry did OK, with no major gaffs. The commentary by Chris Mathews and his ilk was interesting. What lousy journalists. They are members of Obama’s Pravda.

Blackhorse wrote:

I Blackhorse, am giving my support to Rick Perry. It looks as though he is gaining a lot of ground since Iowa, thanks in large part to Rush Limbaugh and the voters really going over the leftover candidates with a microscope . . . he is the most qualified GOP candidate for President of the USA.

end quote

Sitting Governor of a large, prosporous State. Fervently Christian, Tea Party worthy, personable, would protect the secret service guys surrounding him because he is always packing. He even shot a coyote dead, while jogging. What is there not to like about Perry, other than being too religious, or more precisely not adequately separating church and state? I think the rap against him about requiring a particular vaccination for school girls IS NOT VALID since shots are required already for school attendance. I would not have mandated it but then I am not governor of Texas listening to my medical advisors. Go to Yahoo entertainment and watch that spoof of debating republican candidates. I won’t spoil it for you except to say it is very funny. He is not a good debater, but he IS trying to run a state and simultaneously run for President. He is always tired.

The polls? Rasmussen has “Generic Republican” at 46 percent and Obama at 45 percent. Perry is only polling five percent in South Carolina with eleven percent undecided. Nationally Perry is only above Huntsman. It look pretty dismal, but if he is nominated, I would vote for him.

Peter